TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:57:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Merchandise  (Read 27971 times)
PeterW

Loc: Cumbria

« on: August 12, 2018, 10:46:51 PM »

I was very disappointed to see a not insubstantial rise in the price of the Cropredy t-shirt this year. The quality of the design was good but that of the shirt itself less so. I bought 2 t-shirts in the village for less than the price of Cropredy one and both were much better quality cotton.

While you are busy laughing at us you don't know what we are doing behind your back.
iandiddams

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 09:37:51 AM »

You are not the first I've heard say similar Peter...

didds

Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 06:48:32 PM »

I did like the design, and bought one, but I am not sure it will last as long as my 1994 one, which is still going strong.

Paul

NigelT

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 10:04:54 AM »

The T shirts are very thin quality, and I think mine has shrunk a bit in the first wash!
Graham B

Loc: Northamptonshire

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 06:12:11 PM »

I hope the T-shirt I bought doesn't shrink in the wash too.

It's already way too small for the quoted size. The label on this year's says 3XL because last year's 2XL wasn't really 2XL size.

Luckily it fits my son perfectly and he usually takes XL, and if it does shrink I've got grandchildren!

At least it will save me money next year as I now know not to bother with the T shirts again.
Malcolm
crazily brandishing my swat
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Powys

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 06:38:47 PM »

It's already way too small for the quoted size. The label on this year's says 3XL because last year's 2XL wasn't really 2XL size.

Luckily it fits my son perfectly and he usually takes XL, and if it does shrink I've got grandchildren!

At least it will save me money next year as I now know not to bother with the T shirts again.

That seems to be a perennial problem, possibly aggravated by the inability of Far-eastern manufacturers to grasp the extraordinary British weights and measures system! On a recent visit to UK, I wasted an hour in a major store having clothes ferried backwards and forwards to the changing rooms trying to make sense of XL, 2 XL etc, all of which were totally random.

It wasn't always like this. I still wear vintage Cropredy Tshirts which were durable and had sizes which fitted.
Sue & Chris

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 12:29:05 AM »

I did like the design, and bought one, but I am not sure it will last as long as my 1994 one, which is still going strong.

Paul

Ha - I also have a '94 shirt still going strong - I wore it at this year's festival. Particularly like the sheep detailing.

Those were the days, when Cropredy had proper T-shirts. Not this namby-pamby rubbish we get nowadays. I don't know what the festival's coming to, I really don't.  Wink
musketeer john

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 01:36:10 AM »

unlike previous years, there were adult shirts and infant shirts and nothing in-between. strange move. had to get my 9 year old daughter a vest to wear as a dress (in order that this cropredy attendee of future years did not feel forgotten about).
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 10:03:21 AM »

I wonder if the price increases were related to the low ticket sales? They have to recoup their costs somehow....

I thought they were of reduced quality too btw.  Shame.

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 11:10:18 AM »

In terms of actual quality of t-shirts over, say, the last 5 years, I think 2015 (Crop til you Drop) were amongst the better ones. The last couple of years not too much to write home about. The designs weren’t too bad but the quality of the actual tees lacked something IMO

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Ancient Muse (Andy)
As nature intended
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: South Wales

Sometimes a redhead, always a natural blonde!

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 11:35:50 AM »

By Friday lunchtime they had run out of the blue guitar t-shirt in larger sizes and I didnt fancy any of the others. I noticed some XL from last year that obviously hadn't sold, but I dont think enough had been ordered this year. I also had concerns about the quality. Phil tried on a black 3XL (usually needs 2XL, but that looked too small) and it was clinging to him, so no buy there either. Chinese sizes?

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2018, 12:26:11 PM »

Interesting...I bought my usual L size but it is slightly too big  Shocked  Embarrassed

hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 06:32:49 PM »

I still regularly wear the 1993 T!

That seems to be a perennial problem, possibly aggravated by the inability of Far-eastern manufacturers to grasp the extraordinary British weights and measures system! On a recent visit to UK, I wasted an hour in a major store having clothes ferried backwards and forwards to the changing rooms trying to make sense of XL, 2 XL etc, all of which were totally random.

It wasn't always like this. I still wear vintage Cropredy Tshirts which were durable and had sizes which fitted.

I still regularly wear the 1993 T.
Jim G
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Bridport ,Dorset

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2018, 12:46:22 AM »

I stopped buying Fairport tshirts around the 2010 tour I think, when suddenly the quality of the cotton went down hill and the sizes changed to less than generous. Shame really because i have plenty of  pre 2005  ones that are still in great nick even though they have been constantly wornn and if the quality had remained the same I would have continued to buy each year, even at a higher price, because 15 plus years of wear constitutes pretty good value.
Gouty (Gary)
still struggling with the theme to Bagpuss
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2018, 12:57:36 AM »

I stopped buying Fairport tshirts around the 2010 tour I think, when suddenly the quality of the cotton went down hill and the sizes changed to less than generous. Shame really because i have plenty of  pre 2005  ones that are still in great nick even though they have been constantly wornn and if the quality had remained the same I would have continued to buy each year, even at a higher price, because 15 plus years of wear constitutes pretty good value.

To paraphrase Norma Desmond: "I am big, it's the T-shirts that got less than generous!"  Wink

'Eggs, bread, cigs, milk...'
StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2018, 01:04:09 AM »

I might of course be biased due to my Blackpudlian roots, but I think the best bit of merchandising Fairport ever did was the sticks of folk rock - a brilliant idea - guess they didn't catch on though. I have two uneaten sticks proudly displayed...

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2018, 09:32:21 AM »

An aside !
I have never worn my Fairport  T's at Cropredy or a Fairport gig.
Anybody else ?
StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2018, 09:44:54 AM »

I wear my own couple of custom-made ones. Each to their own I know, but i can never understand why people wear the brand new this year's t shirt at Cropredy. It's l like telling people you were there, but they already know that cos they can see you....

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
Tony Pim

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2018, 09:52:08 AM »

Nope never worn a 'home' shirt at a gig or festival.  Will wear other festival t shirts at Cropredy and Vice Versa.

I do have a bit of thing for watches (not the expensive ones, never spent more than £60)  my favourite is the WKWTTG one bought for £25 from merch at Cropredy (I'll guess 12 years ago) and still going strong

and the stars look very different today
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2018, 10:41:45 AM »

An aside !
I have never worn my Fairport  T's at Cropredy or a Fairport gig.
Anybody else ?

Why not?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: