TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:15:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2019 ticket question  (Read 13560 times)
iandiddams

« on: August 12, 2018, 06:56:36 PM »

There's no other board to post this on so this one will have to do.

Cutting a long story short, for 2019 is there any way for one

* to camp Thu - Sun morning  (with friends attending the full works)
* only attend the arena  Saturday ie only have a Saturday ticket?

given one needs a wristband to enter the camping fields (fair enough etc) but presumably Saturday wristbands won't be issued until Saturday?

In a similar vein I hear of people visiting the village to visit the fringe only - where do they park etc ?  and presumably they "have" to leave every night etc ?

cheers

didds

Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 07:40:40 PM »

Not sure about the tickets, but there were plenty of cars left in the car park over the three days.
StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 12:42:25 AM »

If your friends attend the full weekend theyll have a 3 day camping ticket for their vehicle(s)  so presumably if there aren't too many tents between them you can latch on to that.

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
jOhN
Lord of Time, Space & Beer
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Sunny Nottingham

I bet you won't recognise me at the bar!!!!

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 08:10:21 AM »

Not sure about the tickets, but there were plenty of cars left in the car park over the three days.

I've seen a number of cars parked up for the full weekend, people park up then carry all their kit down to the camping fields negating the need for a camping ticket. On more than one occasion when I've only gone for the Saturday I've slept in my car & then set off at first light Sunday & there's always been a small number of camper vans parked up in the quiet corners of the car park

I am Dyslexia of Borg, prepare to have your Ass Laminated!!!
iandiddams

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 08:21:32 AM »

If your friends attend the full weekend theyll have a 3 day camping ticket for their vehicle(s)  so presumably if there aren't too many tents between them you can latch on to that.

Its not the "where to sleep" that is the problem - its the gaining access to the field on Thursday/Fri as one wouldn't have a wristband until the Saturday.  (Presumably Saturday wristbands are merely "normal" wristbands but issued on a Saturday? )

didds
YaBB Master (Colin)
Unelected and unaccountable
Administrator

Loc: West Sussex

and mastery demands a certain style

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 09:15:24 AM »

The simple answer is that you must have a wristband to enter a camping field after the initial setup. This is largely to stop people who are not attending wandering in.

The wristbands are the same for the whole weekend.

but BEING PAID -- what will compare with it?
David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 09:21:33 AM »

As Colin says - you can't camp for three days and only attend one day at the festival. It may be possible to book camping at the Bridge Meadow Caravan Club site though - does anyone know how that works for the fest?

DW
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 09:31:13 AM »

As Colin says - you can't camp for three days and only attend one day at the festival. It may be possible to book camping at the Bridge Meadow Caravan Club site though - does anyone know how that works for the fest?

DW

It is already becoming overbooked as people got to know of it David. People tend to book for the following year as they leave!
I first used it in 2013 when there were 7 vans on the site and I was there From Tuesday til following Monday. Just lovely but I am a Camping and caravan club member but they remove that restriction for the actual fest days.
Sheen and I use it at other times of the year for gigs at the Brase etc.
iandiddams

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 09:46:46 AM »

Just checked it out -

http://bridgemeadow.co.uk/about/

"Bridge Meadow has access to mains water but there is no electric or toilets"

Unfortunately maybe the distaff side of the group are unlikely to be too keen on squatting between tents - and I'm sure our neighbours won't either! - or a lengthy walk to wherever the nearest loos are.

To be fair, as Dave points out, its a CCC site so I guess normally elsewhere in the year people are in motorhomes or caravans with their own cassettes.

cheers all!

didds
madsue
susie-no-shoes

Loc: lanzarote

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 10:28:49 AM »

Bridge Meadow bring in portaloos for the Festival.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 11:52:36 AM »

Go away we are nice and comfy as we are. Grin Wink

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 06:50:48 PM »

The simple answer is that you must have a wristband to enter a camping field after the initial setup. This is largely to stop people who are not attending wandering in.

The wristbands are the same for the whole weekend.

My son was very late on Thursday, as he had to go to a wedding, he had a full ticket with him, and they let him on to the camping filed without a wristband.

Paul

iandiddams

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 07:11:04 PM »

we were checked thursday and friday on field five.  the blokes obviously recognised me on Saturday night!  Or they took pity on me as I was soaked through (and thus missed matty groves and meet on the ledge...  though cold it really well on the field) !

didds
Maggymoo
n3wb

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2019, 11:46:54 AM »

If I am attending the fringe only on the Saturday do I park in car park p and also what time does it open and close ? I have a 3 day ticket but due to ill health i may not be able to attend but just want to have a taste of the atmosphere by coming for the day x
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: