TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:38:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wot, no 6X?  (Read 7770 times)
Sue & Chris

« on: August 12, 2018, 02:06:33 PM »

Never mind trivialities such as the weather and the relative merits of the acts performing, why is no-one talking about the great scandal of this year's festival - the absence of 6X from the bar? It appears to have been replaced by something called '6X Gold', which was neither gold or 6X. Seriously, when I discovered this travesty (and after quizzing the bar staff to make sure they really really hadn't got any 6X), I was so shocked that I had to go for a bit of a sit down. Have they learned nothing from the Bass fiasco? Not happy.
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 02:11:34 PM »

Never mind trivialities such as the weather and the relative merits of the acts performing, why is no-one talking about the great scandal of this year's festival - the absence of 6X from the bar? It appears to have been replaced by something called '6X Gold', which was neither gold or 6X. Seriously, when I discovered this travesty (and after quizzing the bar staff to make sure they really really hadn't got any 6X), I was so shocked that I had to go for a bit of a sit down. Have they learned nothing from the Bass fiasco? Not happy.

I was shocked and disappointed too so stuck to the Cropredy Hop which wasn’t a bad pint and much better than that travesty that was 6X Gold!

Born to Run (but not very fast)
PhilipK

Loc: Hampshire, UK

Looking forward to Cropredy 2024...

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 02:56:41 PM »

I was drinking the Corvus Stout, which was very, very nice.

My wife was on the Fairport Fifty, which she reported as being good.

6X you can get (almost) any time :-)

--
Philip
spooley (Simon)

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 05:28:01 PM »

I too was surprised at the lack of real 6X this year, although Wadworth's Horizon has been my regular Cropredy tipple in the past.

We tried the Cropredy Hop, but didn't really get on with the taste.
The 6X Gold seemed fine to me: not at all the "splendid malty bitter" as 6X used to be described in old copies of the Good Beer Guide, but rather a nice beer for quaffing on a hot sunny morning in the field.

Simon.
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 05:33:41 PM »

Didn't get on with the 6X Gold, but the Fairport 50 was an admirable, if slightly stronger substitute. Smiley

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
iandiddams

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 06:50:35 PM »

6X Gold is Waddies' GF beer. So I guess by providing it they covered those unfortunate to otherwise be ill on ale.

Each to their own obviously, but really don't get upset about missing out on 6X. There was/is much better ale available in the Edge bar (or whatever its called), the pubs and the cricket club.

Devizes' based CAMRA members it seems don't drink much Wadworth for some reason...

didds.  (a Devizes based CAMRA member...  speaking only for himself.)

Sue & Chris

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 07:03:44 PM »

Ah - I didn't realise it was Gluten free - in that case it was a pretty good example.

I'm not really that upset - I was exaggerating somewhat for effect!
iandiddams

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 07:06:37 PM »

Smiley
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 07:08:34 PM »

(As a coeliac) I didn't even know that existed.  Must give it a go...GF ales are getting so much better these days  Smiley

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
iandiddams

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 07:31:54 PM »

David - you will DELIGHTED at the beer that is available to you now as a Coeliac ...  long gone are the days of Corona!

If you do facebook, check out the "Beers4Coeliacs" group.

didds
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2018, 08:43:33 PM »

David - you will DELIGHTED at the beer that is available to you now as a Coeliac ...  long gone are the days of Corona!

If you do facebook, check out the "Beers4Coeliacs" group.

didds

Will do, thanks  Smiley

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: