TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:27:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fringe gigs  (Read 23002 times)
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2018, 04:18:33 PM »

It simply needs balance and control, a no parking zone for the whole village may be best with passes for residents and their visitors .

All who live in Crops are grateful and welcome all as family, but there is a large influx attracted by the fringe who are not as familiar with the workings of the event as the vast majority who wear wrist bands.

I am really surprised that isn't already the case. I assumed it was. It would never have occurred to me that it may be possible to park a car on the streets in Cropredy during the festival.

I think a fair number of the unwristbanded are probably people like me who are actually familiar with the main festival who have chosen not to attend in a particular year but still want to take in a bit of the vibe. I came on the bus from Banbury on Thursday and had expected to be the only person on the return journey at 6.45pm so I was surprised to find that there were actually quite a few of us.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2018, 07:32:19 PM »

I was on that bus, Al! I had the best part of an hour to kill, so wandered around Banbury and had a burger(!) before heading back over to the station.

Flobbadob!
stevegayton
n3wb

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2018, 07:54:31 PM »

Some friends of mine wandered up to the brasenose from their boat on the Oxford. They're going to buy tickets and come to the main festival next year as a result of what they saw in the village. Also I was delighted to see Clarion play. The whole of their '93 set is on Youtube and I've watched often. They were fantastic and wouldn't it be great to see them up on the big stage again?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: