TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:42:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Carey Hancock Toast.  (Read 24674 times)
NeilB

Loc: Hampshire - and Lancashire

All my own hair and teeth - what's left of them

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2018, 05:19:55 PM »

There were two genuinely awful drinks this year Fisherman’s Friends vodka by Dad Volt and, (there was some debate on whether it was bison or baffalo widdle) by that Frog. I don’t care to chose the most awful.

Most, while being ghastly to some degree, were just about quaffable in a field in Oxfordshire in the pouring rain. Heart warming.

As usual I didn’t suffer any ill effects. Well done one and all! Any photos yet?

I'll see your two drinks (which were terrible as you rightly say) and raise you the 'gentleman' with a spray container which had multiple ingredients. That was truly awful  Cheesy Fez Tiara

I rather liked that (what does that say about my tastebuds?) - although it did have a hint of WD40 about it.

Who knows where the beer goes
Pugwash
Left hand down a bit
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: The East Midland Sea, currently.

The star formerly known as Gareth

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2018, 06:01:21 PM »

There were two genuinely awful drinks this year Fisherman’s Friends vodka by Dad Volt and, (there was some debate on whether it was bison or baffalo widdle) by that Frog. I don’t care to chose the most awful.

Most, while being ghastly to some degree, were just about quaffable in a field in Oxfordshire in the pouring rain. Heart warming.

As usual I didn’t suffer any ill effects. Well done one and all! Any photos yet?
p

I'll see your two drinks (which were terrible as you rightly say) and raise you the 'gentleman' with a spray container which had multiple ingredients. That was truly awful  Cheesy Fez Tiara

Yes I’d forgotten Chris’s spray gun accompanied by manic cackle! That was deffo up there.

DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2018, 06:15:02 PM »

p

Yes I’d forgotten Chris’s spray gun accompanied by manic cackle! That was deffo up there.

Got me too (although i didnt offer much resistance). What was in it, or it best i dont know??

Olive vodka was a good one.
DREDD
Summary Extreme Moderating
Hyper-Moderator

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2018, 09:48:39 PM »

Just a reminder

Daughter of YaBB said:

The money has been counted and desipte the torrential rain (and having to dry the cash out!) we raised £180 this year.

If there is anyone who didn't manage to make it to the toast and would like to donate we now have a JustGiving page -

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/talkawhile-18

I will make the group donation shortly.

If you were hiding from the rain, or toasting remotly, please still make a donation to the Teenage Cancer Trust.

* crop18_toast_001.jpg (198.44 KB, 1036x837 - viewed 740 times.)

Democracy is not for the people - Dredd
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2018, 08:20:18 PM »

Just a reminder

Daughter of YaBB said:

The money has been counted and desipte the torrential rain (and having to dry the cash out!) we raised £180 this year.

If there is anyone who didn't manage to make it to the toast and would like to donate we now have a JustGiving page -

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/talkawhile-18

I will make the group donation shortly.

If you were hiring from the rain, or toasting remotly, please still make a donation to the Teenage Cancer Trust.

Dredd, old bean, I wasn't at Cropredy this year but a kind member of this august board has done me a great favour and so I would like to make a contribution. Can you please point me to where my donation might be made under the TAW name.I

Thank you your honour/ officer

Since first sending this message I have read the above post and availed myself of the link contained therein.
Sorry for troubling you your worship, carry on.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:43:03 PM by Jim » Logged

The Dude abides
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: