TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:25:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Tour 2019  (Read 43467 times)
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2018, 02:48:18 PM »

I can't get on with the acoustics at Union Chapel. Nell's was great last year...……………………...

I go to the Union Chapel most years to see FC and have sat in various places from right down the front to right at the back and never had a problem

I saw them do the Babbacombe Lee show there a few years back and had to sit upstairs because I was a bit late arriving. The acoustics were terrible. On the other hand, I sat downstairs for Mike Nesmith not long afterwards and that was fine.

Have to admit that I’ve never sat upstairs and,given what you’ve said I think I’ll avoid that  Smiley

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Peter H-K
inexperienced in matters ebayular

Loc: North Lancashire

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2018, 08:13:52 PM »

I sat downstairs for Mike Nesmith not long afterwards and that was fine.

Why did he ask you to sit downstairs?
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2018, 09:19:00 PM »

I've sat upstairs there twice - both times the acoustics were just fine.  More space than downstairs too.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2018, 11:18:10 AM »

Will this be a sit down acoustic tour or a stand up electric one?

DW
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2018, 11:24:04 AM »

Autumn sit down, winter stand up electric..
  I expect.

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Swamp Donkey (Keith)

Loc: Bedfordshire

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2019, 08:24:06 PM »

Been wanting to start this one for a while.....

One date so far - support from The 4 of Us http://the4ofus.com/ - rather good Irish band.

Saturday 16th February - Bath Forum
Early Bird tickets here
https://bathforum.ticketline.co.uk/order/tickets/13336795/fairport-convention-bath-forum-2019-02-16-19-30-00

The 4 of Us, or is it just two? Can’t imagine Fairport will have a “full band” on before them. They look and sound really good. Looking forward to it.

Well it's turned out nice again!
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2019, 11:23:26 PM »

Autumn sit down, winter stand up electric..
  I expect.

May is a sit down acoustic tour usually, isn’t it?

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2019, 08:55:18 AM »

The 4 of Us, or is it just two? Can’t imagine Fairport will have a “full band” on before them. They look and sound really good. Looking forward to it.

Just the two....but still going out as the four of us....

GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2019, 10:49:43 AM »

Been wanting to start this one for a while.....

One date so far - support from The 4 of Us http://the4ofus.com/ - rather good Irish band.

Saturday 16th February - Bath Forum
Early Bird tickets here
https://bathforum.ticketline.co.uk/order/tickets/13336795/fairport-convention-bath-forum-2019-02-16-19-30-00

I missed this news. I have the first album by The 4 of Us and like it very much. I lost touch with them after that. I wasn't going to do the Wintour this year (too many other things competing for my hard earned cash) but I might pop along now.

Edit: I beg their pardon, it was actually their second album, Man Alive
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2019, 07:24:42 PM »

Erm, it would appear that Saving Grace (appearing with FC and The 4 of Us at the Basingstoke, Bath and St Albans gigs) feature a chap named Plant on vocals & harmonica, according to a report & pic on the Fairporters fb page... just ordered my ticket for Bath - which more than makes up for missing my annual trip to Tewkesbury.

Flobbadob!
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2019, 09:19:38 AM »

Booked for St Albans - I'm missing Tewkesbury too unfortunately

Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2019, 10:56:52 AM »

Having to miss my usual visit to the Union Chapel this year as having to go to a friend’s 60th fancy dress party. Having to go as somebody whose name starts with J as that’s what the host’s name starts with. Only thing I could come up with was Joliet Jake Blues (John Belushi)...easy to do methinks  Grin

GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2019, 01:22:57 PM »

Having to miss my usual visit to the Union Chapel this year as having to go to a friend’s 60th fancy dress party. Having to go as somebody whose name starts with J as that’s what the host’s name starts with. Only thing I could come up with was Joliet Jake Blues (John Belushi)...easy to do methinks  Grin

Shame about the J thing. Otherwise you could have sent someone else along in fancy dress as you and gone to the gig.
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2019, 02:47:07 PM »

Shame about the J thing. Otherwise you could have sent someone else along in fancy dress as you and gone to the gig.

Maybe I could change my name?  Shocked

GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2019, 02:51:09 PM »

Jingers. Sounds like a Dickensian solicitor.

Incidentally, I hate fancy dress parties, or any party, or any gathering of more than about 4 people really. Last one I went to I dressed as Mr Orange from Reservoir Dogs. Black suit. White shirt. Huge pool of deep red blood oozing from my stomach. I have never been invited to another one since.
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2019, 03:04:13 PM »

Jingers. Sounds like a Dickensian solicitor.

Grin.  Grin

Incidentally, I hate fancy dress parties, or any party, or any gathering of more than about 4 people really. Last one I went to I dressed as Mr Orange from Reservoir Dogs. Black suit. White shirt. Huge pool of deep red blood oozing from my stomach. I have never been invited to another one since.

I hate fancy dress also but think my Joliet Jake gets me off lightly...black suit, white shirt, thin black tie, white socks, big sideburns, trilby hat (or is it a fedora?) and dark glasses

jOhN
Lord of Time, Space & Beer
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Sunny Nottingham

I bet you won't recognise me at the bar!!!!

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2019, 02:57:36 PM »

Anyone doing Loughborough? I'm considering it!

I am Dyslexia of Borg, prepare to have your Ass Laminated!!!
steve-n
Ironic Hooverer

Loc: Leafy Warwickshire

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2019, 10:57:52 PM »

Tewkesbury
Standing ovation.
Well deserved.
Shankly (Peter)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Liverpool, England

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2019, 07:46:41 AM »

Southport last night - excellent show. The audience were great and another standing ovation at the end. Some nice electric guitar from Simon and Ric's got some new jokes. The 4 of us as support were pretty good too - they told some nice stories between songs.
Tony Pim

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2019, 02:50:21 PM »

What Peter said , excellent setlist. Some definite surprises, at least they were to me.

Get well soon Bernie.

and the stars look very different today
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: