TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
October 21, 2018, 09:09:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FATEA Awards  (Read 1219 times)
garrypbrooks

« on: January 13, 2018, 09:59:01 AM »

The awards season is on us ....

http://www.fatea-records.co.uk/magazine/news/Wnners2017/

All very subjective, and I've no idea who the judges are. but .....

Very pleased to see Martyn Joseph get a well-deserved Lifetime Achievement award after decades of giving it 100% every gig.
Nice mix of up-and-coming younger acts, worthy old farts and those in between. And a good range of folky-music genres represented too.  
A few I hadn't heard before and really enjoying listening to on YouTube this morning. Must try to catch Blue Rose Code & Findlay Napier live soon
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Global Moderator

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 10:05:23 AM »

Tad early for a Lifetime award for Martyn? He's only half way there!

davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 10:31:57 AM »

Tad early for a Lifetime award for Martyn? He's only half way there!

I look forward to seeing what he's up to at 114, then...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
Chris
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 11:20:24 AM »

In terms of performing...so 20ish years done, same again to follow?

Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: With my mind in a dreamy field!

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 02:30:20 PM »

Martyn Joseph is just fabulous in everything he does, a top performer
And lovely man.

Very well deserved!

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 03:10:35 PM »

In terms of performing...so 20ish years done, same again to follow?

Behave.  His first album came out in '83.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
David V B
Order from the other side of the living room

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 05:29:19 PM »

Martin deserves it for some 35 years of great music and totally committed performances, but for far more as well. He has always been there for those who need help, giving support to a wide range of charities and good causes. He has used his position to raise huge sums through his Let Yourself Trust, helping projects all over the world. I can't think of anyone more deserving.

I'll declare a particular interest. When I asked if he would be a patron for Festival Spirit, he took all of 15 minutes to reply to my email and has been there for us ever since. A great bloke.
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 05:36:12 PM »

Martin deserves it for some 35 years of great music and totally committed performances, but for far more as well. He has always been there for those who need help, giving support to a wide range of charities and good causes. He has used his position to raise huge sums through his Let Yourself Trust, helping projects all over the world. I can't think of anyone more deserving.

I'll declare a particular interest. When I asked if he would be a patron for Festival Spirit, he took all of 15 minutes to reply to my email and has been there for us ever since. A great bloke.

Absolutely.

Heís a great musician, inspiring and powerful. He gives hope to people on many levels, and has made a huge difference to the lives of an awful lot of people. He deserves. Iím proud to support him. Top bloke.

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
garrypbrooks

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 09:50:13 AM »

I didn't know about Martyn's humanitarian / charity work, but it's very much in character.

I just checked out the Let Yourself Trust website and made a donation. It looks a very worthy charity. It's at
http://letyourself.net/
Chris
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 11:00:54 AM »

35 years? Wow, well deserved, had forgotten he's been around that long!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: