TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
July 17, 2018, 04:29:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Concertina Advice  (Read 1657 times)
Paul
I've Got A Bike

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« on: December 17, 2017, 10:13:59 PM »

My wife inherited a large accordion from her father, but has never got on with it. Don't ask, but it's a female thing. :-) She thinks a concertina might suit her, but there are several types. As she read music (she is an oboe player and singer of renaissance music), it seems that the English concertina would be best, but we would welcome advice from anybody on here.

Ollie King, are you around? :-)

Paul

davidmjs
Neither political, nor correct
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 08:52:24 AM »

My wife inherited a large accordion from her father, but has never got on with it. Don't ask, but it's a female thing. :-) She thinks a concertina might suit her, but there are several types. As she read music (she is an oboe player and singer of renaissance music), it seems that the English concertina would be best, but we would welcome advice from anybody on here.

Ollie King, are you around? :-)

Paul

He is, but not on here (he wrote that he lost his log in years ago, apparently, but doesn't seem that bothered in finding a solution).  He's active on FB though.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
DawnG

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 11:06:53 AM »

Hi Paul I messaged Ollie for you & he said if you drop him a message via his website he'll be happy to try and help
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 04:48:47 PM »

Hey Paul, you do realise that if your wife does get a concertina, you'll "never get no rest"?!!  Wink

I'm raising money for the Sue Ryder hospice in Cheltenham, cycling 90km around (and over) the Cotswolds on 24th June.
If you'd care to help:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paul-turner65
Paul
I've Got A Bike

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 05:43:55 PM »

I thought that was mama, not wife. :-)

Thanks, I will message Ollie.

Paul

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print