TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:54:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2018 - Turns and Tickets  (Read 318060 times)
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2017, 07:13:10 AM »

So that would be their own Annual Reunion? :-)

Field 7 is Heaven (Trev)
Field 7 deserter

Loc: Gogledd Cymru

I know where my towel is

« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2017, 11:20:48 AM »

Correct . As Pete said from the stage,

"its not a new idea" Someone else has done it succesfully round here before".
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2017, 09:58:00 PM »

Tickets received  Cheesy

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2017, 11:51:22 AM »

I cannot go next year. I am playing in a field somewhere else ( actually 2 different fields on the same day!!!)but I have never understood buying tickets for a fest when you don't know who you are going to see??
Don't reply. Some of you who have already bought tickets are friends of mine. Each to his own.

With any other festival I'd agree but this is Cropredy - it's where I've lived for a few days every August since 2004!

Due to our son having just been born a month ago it's looking unlikely that we can make it next year and it's already making me sad to think about it. I'm trying to justify a day trip - sitting at home knowing it was happening without me would drive me crazy...!

Hi Chris. I did a couple of Cropredies in the 80's and then 2004 to 2012 and 2015 and 16 . 2013 and 14 I was at the fringe but not on the main field. We went as a large group of friends. I always thought it would be that special place that I would always go back to. I can't define when I realised I could let it go. I didn't go last year ( lineups mean an awful lot to me) and it was a sad moment when I realised I didn't miss it..
I may be in the village Thursday and Fri, when I can say hello to friends but I am gigging on the Saturday so probably not.
I hope you really enjoy the fest.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2017, 12:06:40 PM »

I cannot go next year. I am playing in a field somewhere else ( actually 2 different fields on the same day!!!)but I have never understood buying tickets for a fest when you don't know who you are going to see??
Don't reply. Some of you who have already bought tickets are friends of mine. Each to his own.

With any other festival I'd agree but this is Cropredy - it's where I've lived for a few days every August since 2004!

Due to our son having just been born a month ago it's looking unlikely that we can make it next year and it's already making me sad to think about it. I'm trying to justify a day trip - sitting at home knowing it was happening without me would drive me crazy...!

Hi Chris. I did a couple of Cropredies in the 80's and then 2004 to 2012 and 2015 and 16 . 2013 and 14 I was at the fringe but not on the main field. We went as a large group of friends. I always thought it would be that special place that I would always go back to. I can't define when I realised I could let it go. I didn't go last year ( lineups mean an awful lot to me) and it was a sad moment when I realised I didn't miss it..
I may be in the village Thursday and Fri, when I can say hello to friends but I am gigging on the Saturday so probably not.
We didn't go one year because of the line-up, but then realised how much we missed the whole caboodle and haven't missed a year since!  A lot of last year's line up didn't do it for us but we had a brilliant weekend and enjoyed all the music we heard, on the field and in the fringe.
I can't imagine not going  Tiara

Yorkshire Chris
Did you have a Sloppy Guiseppe?

Loc: Yorkshire (who'd have guessed...!)

« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2017, 02:17:17 PM »

Thanks hendo - fingers crossed I can make it.
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2017, 11:10:09 AM »

Thanks hendo - fingers crossed I can make it.

Sorry Chris , that should have been 1995 to 2012!
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2017, 01:10:26 PM »

Just seen the rumours about the Kinks for Thursday night. Cant say I trust them but would absolutely love it.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Jim G
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Bridport ,Dorset

« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2017, 01:19:53 PM »

Just seen the rumours about the Kinks for Thursday night. Cant say I trust them but would absolutely love it.

Would that be the Kast off Kinks do you think?
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2017, 01:23:39 PM »

Not a chance in hell.  As stated many times over the years, The Kast Offs would be a great Sat pm band (I think).

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2017, 06:33:55 PM »

Not a chance in hell.  As stated many times over the years, The Kast Offs would be a great Sat pm band (I think).

We have the Kast Off Kinks at Witham Public Hall in Essex in March (capacity around 200) so they are on the road but a big step up from 200 to 20000. Mind you, they do have the experience  Roll Eyes

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Paul
I've Got A Bike
Global Moderator

Loc: Hampshire

I was a fair young curate then.

« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2017, 09:37:26 PM »

Kast Off Kinks would be excellent. Seem them a couple of times, and they did all the hits with aplomb.

just to make it clear, they are not a covers band, more like The Kinks' backline without the Davies brothers.

Paul

Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2017, 11:35:21 PM »

just to make it clear, they are not a covers band, more like The Kinks' backline without the Davies brothers.

Like the Beautiful South’s rhythm section without Paul and Jacqui?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
blagden
Money for
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: South God's Own Country

I am a rebel - whilst ever my wife will let me be!

« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2017, 12:56:13 AM »

Kast Off Kinks would be excellent. Seem them a couple of times, and they did all the hits with aplomb.

Paul

Brains of the outfit then - not?
Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2017, 07:13:31 AM »

Paul

Brains of the outfit then - not?

See my post on Recent Gigs page dated 16 December!

Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2018, 11:08:20 AM »

Anybody have any idea when more acts for Cropredy will be announced? Had email conversation with Peggy a couple of weeks ago who said an announcement should be expected last week  Undecided

Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2018, 12:54:25 PM »

Anybody have any idea when more acts for Cropredy will be announced? Had email conversation with Peggy a couple of weeks ago who said an announcement should be expected last week  Undecided
I'm desperate to know (already have tickets BTW but trying to persuade others to go is easier if you can enthuse about the line-up....)

Bingers (Chris)
Folkcorp Guru

Trying to be young!

« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2018, 02:08:49 PM »

I'm desperate to know (already have tickets BTW but trying to persuade others to go is easier if you can enthuse about the line-up....)

Absolutely I’ve also got my ticket but I like to show off about who is on!  Grin

abby (tank girl)
never felt happy about quinoa
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Finally settled in my own pad

« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2018, 03:32:09 PM »

Tickets  purchased!

it'll be fine.......
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2018, 04:30:23 PM »

I'll see what I can glean from the chaps this evening at Tewkesbury...

Flobbadob!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: