TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:44:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2018 - Turns and Tickets  (Read 317317 times)
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2017, 12:12:24 PM »

I'd be up for Ferocious Dog , the live rendition of their song Slow Motion Suicide is absolutely mesmerising .

With regard to Tankus, I had their album before I ever saw them live - brilliant songs amazing piano playing . When I eventually saw them live I was stunned by their performance - leaping off smoking pianos etc really good all round entertainment .   A real spectacle for Cropredy

Sorry I’ve led a sheltered life and never heard of Tankus the Henge! Can anyone supply a link to a decent site where I can see what they’re all about? Ta

3 seconds later, how about this http://tankusthehenge.com/ ?  Roll Eyes Wink Grin

Thank you but there seems to be a problem with the video stream on the home page so maybe I’ll try YouTube  Undecided

Born to Run (but not very fast)
blagden
Money for
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: South God's Own Country

I am a rebel - whilst ever my wife will let me be!

« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2017, 12:18:28 PM »

They don't appear to gig a lot four shows in eight months.
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2017, 04:51:20 PM »

I will have a brief stab that Trad Arrr and Iota (Sally Barker, Marion Fleetwood, Anna Ryder) will be on the lineup.)
Field 7 is Heaven (Trev)
Field 7 deserter

Loc: Gogledd Cymru

I know where my towel is

« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2017, 10:35:34 AM »

I would love to see Tankus on the Main stage. They were the best act i've ever seen at the Brasenose when they played the fringe  in Alice Cooper year.
Been to see them twice when they have ventured up to the North East of Wales. Jez Delorean is truly an excellent pianist, and a really nice bloke too.

For those who dont know them try "Recurring Dream" on you tube.
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2017, 11:33:07 PM »

I see Tankus the Henge were at Skeggy - they'd go down well at Cropredy.

No thanks! I really don't get them- I've tried twice now....All too theatrical and pompous for me...
Funny - it's the theatre that attracts me! I've never seen them live though...

why does the lead singer always take his shirt off?

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
Malcolm
crazily brandishing my swat
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Powys

« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2017, 09:54:21 AM »

I see Tankus the Henge were at Skeggy - they'd go down well at Cropredy.

No thanks! I really don't get them- I've tried twice now....All too theatrical and pompous for me...
Funny - it's the theatre that attracts me! I've never seen them live though...

why does the lead singer always take his shirt off?

Seems to be a yoof thing but none of them ever have any chest hair, so you'd think they would be too embarrassed Grin
abby (tank girl)
never felt happy about quinoa
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Finally settled in my own pad

« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2017, 10:06:57 AM »

On paper,  Tankus should be right up my street but they are just not hitting the spot for me.

it'll be fine.......
Tasha
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2017, 02:05:09 PM »

On paper,  Tankus should be right up my street but they are just not hitting the spot for me.

I thought the same. Have you seen them live at all?

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2017, 02:08:11 PM »

I can see that watching someone jump off an upright piano once would be fun, but knowing what's coming the subsequent times might not be quite so interesting.

Tasha
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2017, 02:13:16 PM »

I can see that watching someone jump off an upright piano once would be fun, but knowing what's coming the subsequent times might not be quite so interesting.

Thats it for me really....it all seems a bit forced and pretentious somehow...

bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2017, 03:42:52 PM »

'Organisers of the UK’s Ramblin’ Man Fair have announced that Fish will headline the Prog In The Park stage at next year’s event.

He’ll perform a set that will include material from his last album with Marillion – 1987’s Clutching At Straws.'

So hopefully, this will continue into August and I'll get to see Sugar Mice live, at last.

Well I never did..
Jim G
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Bridport ,Dorset

« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2017, 04:31:41 PM »

I would agree , but Tankus are much more than just some guy jumping off a piano (anyway he kind of walks off it!), great original songs and great musicianship. The smoke and antics just add to the fun and energy. Not everyone's cuppa tea obviously, but me and my lot all enjoy them and that's my measure of things.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2017, 04:36:23 PM »

'Organisers of the UK’s Ramblin’ Man Fair have announced that Fish will headline the Prog In The Park stage at next year’s event.

He’ll perform a set that will include material from his last album with Marillion – 1987’s Clutching At Straws.'

So hopefully, this will continue into August and I'll get to see Sugar Mice live, at last.

Just listening to Clutching At Straws again.  I'll be there with you at the front if he does.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
bassline (Mike)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2017, 05:01:26 PM »

Just listening to Clutching At Straws again.  I'll be there with you at the front if he does.

Deal !

Well I never did..
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2017, 05:59:38 PM »

Deal !
Budge up lads, room for another?

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2017, 05:59:52 PM »

Surely now less kikely at Cropredy as his ticket-selling ability will be diminished? Many of his fans will now have bought for the festival advertising his presence.

richard58
n3wb

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2017, 02:10:44 PM »

Tickets arrived this morning!! Everthing in order. Christmas card displayed in a place of honour. So all in all the new ticketing arrangements have worked very soomthly.

I am really happy with the line up so far. I was really hoping for the Levellers. Lets hope we get a great rock band for the Thursday night. Last time the Levellers played we had Alice Cooper so someone similar would hit the spot!!

He came like a hero from the factory floor with the sun and moon as gifts.
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2017, 05:29:18 PM »

Fringe it is for me then, dullllllll

Don't expect Leatherat next year then, as they are holdingbtheir farewell gig tonight in Oxford. They're splitting after, I think, 13 years of decdnt folk-rock.

Thanks guys, but I sispect you'll all end up still playing music!

bassline (Mike)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2017, 07:27:50 PM »

Deal !
Budge up lads, room for another?

Absolutely...come on down !

Well I never did..
Field 7 is Heaven (Trev)
Field 7 deserter

Loc: Gogledd Cymru

I know where my towel is

« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2017, 12:45:51 AM »

Leatherat announced on stage at the Fringe last year that they plan reforming for their traditional Saturday spot at the brasenose.

Peter Richards,  can you confirm you've got them booked for that ??
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: