TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:30:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 9572 times)
kevin

« on: August 25, 2017, 03:45:14 PM »

If I could just again say a Thank You to all of You.

As a resident of Cropredy, I know how highly regarded all of You are... from Fairport themselves through Gareth and his team, to every fan gracing this little village each Year,  You all are temporary residents of Cropredy.

The festival is part of this village, and is looked forward to each year, everyone has many friends who attend, and it is no less than a family feeling.

We are offered free tickets, but choose to buy them from the parish council, these funds are then fed out to the multitude of interest groups that operate in the village, then other groups as You know do breakfasts , all with volunteers, this in turn raises much needed funds for each of those groups.
The festival generates huge community in the village via all of this .

As ever the fields are now cleared rapidly and cropredy returns to this most peacefull village by the Cherwells edge, but the smiles and good memories permeate .
The village and ourselves are blessed to have this festival and miss You all .

Thank You all.

Kevin
StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 04:15:13 PM »

Awww that's beautiful, thanks Kevin. It's part of what makes Cropredy special.

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
kevin

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 04:33:51 PM »

You all may find this interesting?
http://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/oxon/vol10/pp157-175#highlight-first

If You write ..Simon in the keyword box You will find Simon of Cropredy, the local knight

Perhaps He should be such again?

Kevin
PeterJ

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 06:13:43 PM »

As a resident of Cropredy, I know how highly regarded all of You are... from Fairport themselves through Gareth and his team, to every fan gracing this little village each Year,  You all are temporary residents of Cropredy.

The festival is part of this village, and is looked forward to each year, everyone has many friends who attend, and it is no less than a family feeling.

We are offered free tickets, but choose to buy them from the parish council, these funds are then fed out to the multitude of interest groups that operate in the village, then other groups as You know do breakfasts , all with volunteers, this in turn raises much needed funds for each of those groups.

As ever the fields are now cleared rapidly and cropredy returns to this most peacefull village by the Cherwells edge, but the smiles and good memories permeate .

Thank You all.

Kevin

That's brilliant. I have wondered sometimes................
Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 06:20:51 PM »

Thank You all.

Kevin

Thank you and all the Cropredy residents for such a lovely warm welcome every year.

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
kevin

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 06:34:38 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155442148661271&set=pcb.1111421725624479&type=3&theater

A big thank You to those who supported the scarecrows....£1700 pounds to the childrens hospital.

I personally won't put a set of drums outside our house again, the number of budding mattocks is amazing.
Kevin
StephenB
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 10:09:46 PM »

The scarecrows were brilliant. I only noticed them on Saturday but what a joy to behold, and (assuming it's done again) it would be a lovely bit of time out to walk around the village and look at them all properly. Again it shows the strong link between the village and the festival.

Gouty (Gary)
still struggling with the theme to Bagpuss
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 11:06:23 PM »

A big thank You to those who supported the scarecrows....£1700 pounds to the childrens hospital.

I personally won't put a set of drums outside our house again, the number of budding mattocks is amazing.
Kevin

Nice to hear from the village! The scarecrows were great and I took lots of pictures. Thanks for letting us invade your space, year after year. It really is appreciated by those of us who value Fairport, their history and the ongoing connections with all of you who live in Cropredy.

As for putting drums outside your house again (yes - I have a photograph of that particular scarecrow!) please don't feel personally responsible. At our age, a case of 'budding mattocks' is the least we can expect after a few nights sleeping on the ground in a damp field...  Wink

'Eggs, bread, cigs, milk...'
StephenB
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 01:46:35 AM »

The people at 17, Station Road might be worried about getting overrun when "Meet on the Hedge" becomes part of an annual mass pilgrimage..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: