TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
February 17, 2020, 08:22:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recent gigs  (Read 197207 times)
Shankly (Peter)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Liverpool, England

« Reply #1380 on: February 11, 2020, 07:46:24 AM »

Something like that, yep. The old boxing Stadium. I saw the Capt again, during the Doc at the Radar Station period at what used to be the Top Rank Suite in the St John's Centre. I believe Bowie/Ziggy played that venue some years earlier.

Genesis/ Lindisfarne played there too - a mate of mine was going and I decided not to bother. I've regretted it ever since.
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #1381 on: February 14, 2020, 08:04:19 AM »

Went along to Sounds of the 70s with Johnnie Walker in Southend last night. An enjoyable show with plenty of amusing anecdotes from Mr Walker. Have to say the live band were good but Iím afraid the female singer was painful to listen to! The male singer though had an excellent rock voice and the guitarist was excellent. Johnnie Walker not looking bad for 75 year-old and he still ranks in the top 3 of my all-time favourite DJs along with Roger Scott and Charlie Gillett neither of which are still with us

Born to Run (but not very fast)
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #1382 on: February 14, 2020, 03:05:56 PM »

Something like that, yep. The old boxing Stadium. I saw the Capt again, during the Doc at the Radar Station period at what used to be the Top Rank Suite in the St John's Centre. I believe Bowie/Ziggy played that venue some years earlier.

Genesis/ Lindisfarne played there too - a mate of mine was going and I decided not to bother. I've regretted it ever since.

Hmm, I bought 2 tickets to see Genesis at the Empire on "The Lamb Lies Down" tour; my then girlfriend, into whose tender hands I'd entrusted the tickets, proceeded to dump me unceremoniously a few days before the gig. It sounded good from outside the back of the theatre...  Angry

Said the straight man, to the late man...
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: