TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
November 13, 2018, 09:28:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Forest Folk Festival 4 - 8 July 2018  (Read 6189 times)
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2018, 08:42:03 PM »

An absolutely brilliant Festival again this year, even the weather was a repeat of last year.
Everyone I spoke to had already booked for next year before they left. The amazing thing is that we know what we are going to get as next year’s lineup is practically finalised.
And just look at that “early bird” price!
http://www.newforestfolkfestival.co.uk/whats_on.html

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I hope nobody thought they were MY sideburns
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2018, 07:22:10 AM »

Did anyone here see Dean Friedman? We saw him last year and we were blown away. He was amazing! I wondered how he would go down at a folk festival.

Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am!
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Local Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not Perfect. Never Claimed To Be.

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2018, 07:35:10 AM »

Did anyone here see Dean Friedman? We saw him last year and we were blown away. He was amazing! I wondered how he would go down at a folk festival.
He was on during one of our Stewarding stints, so we didn't see him. No-one was raving about him at the bar*, later, though.

*Rhubarb cider ran out every night, to be replenished by the next morning. Most refreshing.

See What I did Summer 2018  for a selection of my photos.
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2018, 08:59:00 AM »

I saw him in Crawley a few weeks ago. I suspect that his delivery may be a little low key for a festival audience, especially if they are unfamiliar with his music (other than the hits). I enjoyed the show but I am a big fan especially of his first two albums and even to me he does seem to undersell some of the songs in live performance.
Poor Will (Bill)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2018, 09:23:44 AM »

I’m not keen on his music but I really enjoy his performances (does that make sense?)
It was obvious that those at the front were really enjoying the set, but further up the field the response was polite rather than enthusiastic.

colin h

Loc: 'aartfordsher

life's a long song

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2018, 09:54:17 AM »

I was down the front and enjoyed his set, as did the people around me.

Quite impressed that he can still hit those high notes.

You can tell a builder from an archaeologist by the size of his trowel. Mine is a small one!
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I hope nobody thought they were MY sideburns
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2018, 11:35:37 AM »

I’m not keen on his music but I really enjoy his performances (does that make sense?)
It was obvious that those at the front were really enjoying the set, but further up the field the response was polite rather than enthusiastic.
I'm sure he's happy to settle for that!

I was down the front and enjoyed his set, as did the people around me.

Quite impressed that he can still hit those high notes.
Indeed! He puts a lot into it  Cheesy

Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am!
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2018, 12:53:13 PM »

What a great festival. Lovely site and lovely people . One of the organisers even drove the motorhome owner next to us to town to get some gas. Classy.
Gerry Colvin was awesome as usual. Superb sets from Reg Meuross, Hunter Muskett, Little Johnny England. Pretty tasty from Trad Aar, FOF , Steeleye, Burgess Nicol and Kemp. However devastated to miss Edwina after my little do. Many thanks to the superb medical team , although I did make it easier by collapsing outside their tent! All back to normal now. I think its going to be one of those incidents where everyone will claim to have been there at the time.  Grin
One (very) small criticism is that it doesn't really need 2 warm up/welcome days.

Onward to Cropredy.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Poor Will (Bill)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2018, 02:07:48 PM »

However devastated to miss Edwina after my little do. Many thanks to the superb medical team , although I did make it easier by collapsing outside their tent! All back to normal now. I think its going to be one of those incidents where everyone will claim to have been there at the time.  Grin

Can I be the first to say I was there at the time?😃

Andy80F
n3wb

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2018, 07:21:47 PM »

Excellent festival again this year and like many people we have taken the early bird option.  I liked the new tent "The Fringe" but I really wish there were more workshops (guitar based but ensemble as well) and wonder if they might look to the Purbeck FF for this (it's what got me started playing with others).
PL (Peter)
able to create swamp magic

Loc: SW Germany

If it`s Wednesday, you survived Tuesday.

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2018, 10:31:55 AM »

What a great time we had again.
Big Thank You to Nick, Keith and their families.

Tickets for next year already bought. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: