TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:45:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Trevor Horn Band  (Read 42652 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2017, 07:22:39 PM »

Useless trivia: Both Trevor Horn and Trevor Rabin who were involved in Owner Of A Lonely Heart, have the middle name Charles.  

Now this is the kind of sh1t we need more of...  Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2017, 07:34:00 PM »

And Trevor Horn once produced a group that had four sisters with the last name Charles!

Just adding to the useless s*** Wink

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2017, 07:44:21 PM »

Grin

Well I never did..
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2017, 08:46:15 PM »

the original band name was The Producers

The irony is that when they were The Producers they played original material. There are two or three top tunes on their album.
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2017, 08:48:51 PM »

The irony is that when they were The Producers they played original material. There are two or three top tunes on their album.

The only thing I know is Barking Up The Right Tree, which is on the Big Stiff Box Set. Is the album worth looking into?

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
bassline (Mike)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2017, 09:22:36 PM »

Oh nice one Robert, I didn't make that connection....I assumed it was the US band of the same name on the Stiff box...my knackered old eyes tend not to be able to read sleeve notes anymore.  

Well I never did..
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2017, 09:35:12 PM »

The only thing I know is Barking Up The Right Tree, which is on the Big Stiff Box Set. Is the album worth looking into?

It is very likable if you have a fondness very polished late 80s sounding pop (Art of Noise, Tears For Fears, Cutting Crew, that sort of thing). Not a masterpiece by any means but it has a fair share of earworms. Perhaps Every Single Night In Jamaica in particular. The album is getting quite hard to find so pick one up quick if you are interested.

I'm not sure what the Stiff connection is as my copy of the album is on an offshoot of Trevor Horn's ZTT label.
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2017, 09:44:06 PM »

It is very likable if you have a fondness very polished late 80s sounding pop (Art of Noise, Tears For Fears, Cutting Crew, that sort of thing). Not a masterpiece by any means but it has a fair share of earworms. Perhaps Every Single Night In Jamaica in particular. The album is getting quite hard to find so pick one up quick if you are interested.

I'm not sure what the Stiff connection is as my copy of the album is on an offshoot of Trevor Horn's ZTT label.

Just realized what the connection is. We're both right in essence. The song I mentioned was released as a single on Stiff, but the album was on ZTT.

Albie
or tea, if that is your cup of tea
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2017, 09:26:12 AM »

The only thing I know is Barking Up The Right Tree, which is on the Big Stiff Box Set
. Is the album worth looking into?

That's one of the songs on the box set that I never play. I played it last night because I couldn't remember it. Won't be playing it again. Didn't realise that was Trevor Horn. I'm glad he didn't play it at Cropredy.
bassline (Mike)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2017, 11:33:13 AM »

It's quite pleasant really. I'd never have guessed in a million years it was Lol Creme singing...but then again I thought it was the US band.

(There's a vid on YouTube in case anybody is wondering what the fuss is about.)

Well I never did..
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: