TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:57:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cats in Space  (Read 42271 times)
Stu Crighton
n3wb

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2017, 08:09:14 AM »

I liked this group, they all have a good musical pedigree and didn't take themselves too seriously, they are what they are. While Cropredy is obsessively a "Folk Festival" the eclectic mix of bands is what really makes it for me and encourages the wide range of age groups attending. Perhaps the best thing about them was their name but I liked them, my son in law and my daughter liked them and so did my 2 year old grandson! Lets Rock!
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2017, 12:52:46 PM »

I will comment although I was not there, when I thought I was going I Googled the bands I had never heard of and they appealed to me, my sort of thing etc. Fast forward and I wasn't there but Danny Bowes played a track of theirs on his radio  show tonight and I thought it did what it said on the tin.....  were they so bad at Cropredy?
Asking for constructive criticism not personal preference.....

Cheers xx ab xxx. .
Abby - you and I are both partial to a bit of rock so I know you would have enjoyed them. Yes they stepped straight out of the 1980s and I wouldn't have been remotely surprised for them to have been joined by David Coverdale or Jon Bon Jovi in ****dex and poodle perm, but they were good musicians playing decent rock music  Cool

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2017, 01:50:08 PM »

I liked this group, they all have a good musical pedigree and didn't take themselves too seriously, they are what they are. While Cropredy is obsessively a "Folk Festival" the eclectic mix of bands is what really makes it for me and encourages the wide range of age groups attending. Perhaps the best thing about them was their name but I liked them, my son in law and my daughter liked them and so did my 2 year old grandson! Lets Rock!

I have never been aware of Cropredy having been obsessively anything.

DW
abby (tank girl)
never felt happy about quinoa
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Finally settled in my own pad

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2017, 03:02:15 PM »

I will comment although I was not there, when I thought I was going I Googled the bands I had never heard of and they appealed to me, my sort of thing etc. Fast forward and I wasn't there but Danny Bowes played a track of theirs on his radio  show tonight and I thought it did what it said on the tin.....  were they so bad at Cropredy?
Asking for constructive criticism not personal preference.....

Cheers xx ab xxx. .
Abby - you and I are both partial to a bit of rock so I know you would have enjoyed them. Yes they stepped straight out of the 1980s and I wouldn't have been remotely surprised for them to have been joined by David Coverdale or Jon Bon Jovi in ****dex and poodle perm, but they were good musicians playing decent rock music  Cool

That's what I figured......nice to hear them on the wireless. Played by an original poodle cock rocker!

it'll be fine.......
mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2017, 07:00:48 PM »

I'm sure they're all nice lads who love their mums, but I thought they were incredibly average. Sorry, but nothing about them stood out for me.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2017, 07:47:09 PM »

I'm sure they're all nice lads who love their mums, but I thought they were incredibly average. Sorry, but nothing about them stood out for me.

Afraid that was my view as well despite the fact that I too love rock music although my tastes cover virtually everything from classical to punk and everything in between (although roots, folk & blues top the rankings)

Born to Run (but not very fast)
David W
a day on the Singer awaits
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Solihull

Cropredy 2018

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2017, 10:50:19 PM »

I fear I may have dozed off, probably my fault rather than theirs.
Mike Tamlin

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2017, 02:56:32 PM »

really liked 'em ... but I am a bit biased towards '80's rock truth be told ...   Grin
johnmitch93

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2017, 03:01:52 PM »

Liked 'em a lot. Not taking it too seriously and playing really well.
Stu Crighton
n3wb

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2017, 01:41:08 AM »

I have never been aware of Cropredy having been obsessively anything.

DW
Thanks David I am guilty of a typo I meant obstensively; just meant mainstream folk. My bad as they say.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: