TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:23:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New 7 CD box set  (Read 96324 times)
PL (Peter)
able to create swamp magic

Loc: SW Germany

If it`s Wednesday, you survived Tuesday.

« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2017, 12:32:47 PM »

ordered and delivery announced for Monday.
Druing the weekend I will listen to the AutoRip teasers.
Bob Barrows
Give me time ... it will wear on me
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Auburn, MA USA

Bob

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2017, 12:47:07 PM »

I did eventually take the plunge but not through Amazon. I am not expecting to see any product for several months. See elsewhere for details.

I may have to see if it is streamable from any f my various media streaming subscriptions.
It's partially available on Spotify at the moment. About a third of the tracks are not available for streaming. The choice of the unavailable tracks seems very random to me...
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: in deepest Devon

« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2017, 12:52:27 PM »

I did eventually take the plunge but not through Amazon. I am not expecting to see any product for several months. See elsewhere for details.

I may have to see if it is streamable from any f my various media streaming subscriptions.
It's partially available on Spotify at the moment. About a third of the tracks are not available for streaming. The choice of the unavailable tracks seems very random to me...

Looks like the same tracks that are labelled 'Album Only' on Amazon and iTunes are unavailable on Spotify.  Some are the previously unreleased tracks, but not all.  So yes, an apparently random selection...

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2017, 02:30:22 PM »

A cracking endorsement from Jim, so I'm tempted to indulge.

My main question is : if I go for the £30.99 download option from Amazon, will I receive the tracks that read "Album Only" ? Is there any way of finding out if this is the case ?

I'll be ever so slightly miffed if I download the set only to find they're exclusively available on the physical set only.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2017, 02:34:16 PM »

Yes, you should get them.  Album Only means you can't download them separately, but only as part of a complete album download.

Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2017, 02:59:51 PM »

Yes, you should get them.  Album Only means you can't download them separately, but only as part of a complete album download.

Thanks Will, just as I thought. Am sampling the parts of the set available on S*****y, and still tempted to go for the whole lot...
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2017, 12:43:20 AM »

I had thought about that too, but looking at Amazon and iTunes, you'd pay about £40 for that, and still not get all the unreleased items (some are marked 'Album Only').  Amazon are currently asking £30.99 for the MP3 version.

The Album only thing means you cant buy those particular tracks separately.
If you buy the album on mp3 you get all the tracks that are on the CDs.

The Dude abides
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2017, 07:28:51 PM »

I've been listening to discs 1-5 from the set in the car, having burnt them to an mp3 disc from the auto rip and there's some great stuff on there - both the familiar stuff (Decameron never fails to tingle the spine) - and the alternative takes (Eastern Rain).
I've just picked up the actual set from next door, having missed the delivery due to working nights. It's a nice little package, albeit the kazzillionth different shape for a box set that I've squeezed into a shelf like a game of Tetris over the past 25 years of box set collecting.
A special treat was seeing my name in the book due to a weeny little contribution I made during the compilation of it. Thanks for that Andy, that means a lot. Cheers !

Well I never did..
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2017, 10:44:15 AM »

It's a nice little package, albeit the kazzillionth different shape for a box set that I've squeezed into a shelf like a game of Tetris over the past 25 years of box set collecting.

Don't ever try to pull out the one at the bottom or you lose the game!

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Henry Tompkins (Pete)
Guaranteed trouble
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: S.W. London

One man gathers what another man spills

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2017, 08:15:23 PM »

Thanks to Spotify I've managed hear the discs.
Ahhh....what a fine period that was.

No Left Turn Unstoned
Andy B
Playing in the Sandbox

Loc: London

« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2017, 03:58:28 PM »

Thanks Jim, PaulT and bassline Mike (glad you appreciated the credit - i really needed to check something to make sure my mix was right)
I'm glad your all liking the boxset- its nice for me to finally hear feedback since finishing it awhile back and having to keep schtum!
best
Andrew
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2017, 09:45:36 PM »

Thanks Jim, PaulT and bassline Mike (glad you appreciated the credit - i really needed to check something to make sure my mix was right)
I'm glad your all liking the boxset- its nice for me to finally hear feedback since finishing it awhile back and having to keep schtum!
best
Andrew

Thanks for your hard work on the box set, Andy, the unheard stuff is jaw droppingly great although I still don't rate the manor sessions even when presented in glorious HiFi.

The Dude abides
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2017, 08:05:33 PM »

I don't suppose it has arrived yet, Gub?

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2017, 11:31:32 PM »

I don't suppose it has arrived yet, Gub?

Jules

You don't suppose correctly!

Based on the length of time it took last time I pre-ordered something from the vendor, I expect it around mid September. However, as I ordered Neil Young's Hitchiker at the same time, if they wait for that before dispatching, I may be drawing a pension before I see either item.
Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2017, 11:41:27 PM »

Based on the length of time it took last time I pre-ordered something from the vendor, I expect it around mid September. However, as I ordered Neil Young's Hitchiker at the same time, if they wait for that before dispatching, I may be drawing a pension before I see either item.

I keep wanting to buy it from them.  Still the best price going.  But, really, I should know better.

Jules

Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2017, 11:44:17 PM »

I keep wanting to buy it from them.  Still the best price going.  But, really, I should know better.

Jules

With you there, Jules!

Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2017, 11:50:53 PM »

Jules

I am prepared on this occasion to give them 2 months from the release date. I shall then invoke the assistance of my credit card company if no product is forthcoming.
blagden
Money for
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: South God's Own Country

I am a rebel - whilst ever my wife will let me be!

« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2017, 11:51:33 PM »

Jules

With you there, Jules!

Stick to Amazon, customer service second to none... unlike ebay.
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2017, 12:18:17 AM »

Jules

With you there, Jules!

Until recently I would have agreed with you but they have hiked their prices lately and they are now too expensive in many cases, this being one of them.
Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2017, 12:46:49 AM »

It's a tenner more there, and with unemployment looming ever closer on my horizon, a tenner is truly a tenner.

Jules

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: