TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:19:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reissues of interest.  (Read 168030 times)
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #280 on: July 14, 2022, 11:43:56 AM »

Yikes 😬.

Bert Jansch at the BBC, 4LP or 8 CD boxed set.
Due from Earth Records in November.  Could be a good Xmas present to oneself.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #281 on: July 14, 2022, 12:12:56 PM »

Yikes 😬.

Bert Jansch at the BBC, 4LP or 8 CD boxed set.
Due from Earth Records in November.  Could be a good Xmas present to oneself.

It does look great but it does seem somewhat 'heavily' priced to me. https://bertjansch.bandcamp.com/album/bert-at-the-bbc?fbclid=IwAR3Ay8kr68QfzTVfIVA-3JgdaREGZ6amuHTwQiU4Y5nCRENp40tmrWo2H58

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #282 on: July 14, 2022, 06:34:05 PM »

The price for pre ordering the Horslips set from Amazon is almost double what it was from Burning Shed.
Glad I got in when I did!

£460 😱
I suppose it will come down to the 250 mark as the release gets closer

I paid £325 for the Al Stewart from Burning Shed, at the time it was nearly £600 from Amazon but has now dropped to £335.

The Horslips set is still available from Burning Shed...£250...or £350 if you want the signed poster.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #283 on: July 14, 2022, 06:35:52 PM »

Just ordered the VDGG "Interference Patterns" box...

Flobbadob!
Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #284 on: August 22, 2022, 09:12:00 AM »

The 4 Island albums by Sandy Denny.  Vinyl only.

No details yet as to mastering/pressing.

These will be the first  vinyl reissues of these albums since the Back to Black reissues of about 10 years ago.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #285 on: September 02, 2022, 05:13:27 PM »

My Christmas present to myself will be https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/the-fall-the-1970s-12cd-box-set/?mc_cid=80704797b5&mc_eid=cb3f319b33

A bit cheeky after the excellent Witch Trials and Dragnet box sets a few years back but surely worth it to get everything in one place...and I can sell those to help pay for it... Wink Smiley

Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #286 on: September 02, 2022, 05:39:24 PM »

My Christmas present to myself will be https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/the-fall-the-1970s-12cd-box-set/?mc_cid=80704797b5&mc_eid=cb3f319b33

A bit cheeky after the excellent Witch Trials and Dragnet box sets a few years back but surely worth it to get everything in one place...and I can sell those to help pay for it... Wink Smiley

I hope they continue into the 80s, because it's become quite hard to find all the previous special editions etc.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #287 on: September 02, 2022, 06:24:38 PM »

I hope they continue into the 80s, because it's become quite hard to find all the previous special editions etc.

Jules

Well, to some degree they already have...the 1982 box is outstanding.

Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #288 on: September 03, 2022, 09:09:20 AM »

I've been listening to the new Cherry Red 3CD box of Bridget St John's post Dandelion material. Although not all of this is totally new, it's been nicely done. 17 previously unreleased tracks and a nice booklet note from the artist.    Jumblequeen sounds a touch better than the existing CD versions, too.
Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #289 on: September 09, 2022, 08:57:14 AM »

Various:  Pillow and Prayers (Cherry Red 3CD, forthcoming).

I spent the early 80s listening to the likes of Pentangle  and the Incredible String Band.  Meanwhile a lot was going on in contemporary music which I just didn't have a clue about.  Could buy this in an urge to educate myself,  as well as because it features some unreleased material by the peerless Kevin Coyne.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #290 on: September 09, 2022, 09:32:09 AM »

I spent the early 80s listening to the likes of Pentangle  and the Incredible String Band.  Meanwhile a lot was going on in contemporary music which I just didn't have a clue about.  Could buy this in an urge to educate myself,  as well as because it features some unreleased material by the peerless Kevin Coyne.

Oh, the original (I had it on cassette of course, my other half on vinyl) is just perfect but I suspect this will definitely be something I'm getting.

And just to combine our experiences of the early 80s, I distinctly remember listening to it with John Renbourn's son in his kitchen at or around Christmas '82...

Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #291 on: September 09, 2022, 03:51:46 PM »

Oh, the original (I had it on cassette of course, my other half on vinyl) is just perfect but I suspect this will definitely be something I'm getting.

And just to combine our experiences of the early 80s, I distinctly remember listening to it with John Renbourn's son in his kitchen at or around Christmas '82...

Cherry Red are doing a vinyl reissue too, but it won't have as much material.

Nice story about you and John.
I feel some of us were just born out of time.  In a similar vein, though I was in my late teens during the punk explosion, I barely noticed it.  It just eeemed like another fad. I wonder if the music hisorians have over emphasised its impact.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #292 on: September 09, 2022, 05:31:26 PM »

I feel some of us were just born out of time.  In a similar vein, though I was in my late teens during the punk explosion, I barely noticed it.  It just eeemed like another fad. I wonder if the music hisorians have over emphasised its impact.

Artistically at least, for me 'punk' (first wave anyway) was only really of interest in that it gave us post-Punk.  That may not make sense but I sort of know what I mean...

Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #293 on: September 10, 2022, 08:54:30 AM »

Artistically at least, for me 'punk' (first wave anyway) was only really of interest in that it gave us post-Punk.  That may not make sense but I sort of know what I mean...

Sort if a transitional phase, you mean?  I think that makes sense.
Dan O.
Ken Bruce gets it out every year
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #294 on: September 27, 2022, 06:45:35 PM »

The Beach Boys : Sail On Sailor

A 6 cd box set featuring arguably their last great albums "Carl & The Passions : So Tough" and "Holland" with sessions, outttakes, bonus tracks and a whole Live At Carnegie Hall concert recording.

To be released in November...this is going to be glorious !

Track listing here :

https://shop.thebeachboys.com/collections/sail-on-sailor/products/sail-on-sailor-1972-super-deluxe-edition-6cd-box-set?fbclid=IwAR0Kw1NsRH82IRax8z-94Y5BP1ZmzjBvm3g20S6FRyVf7I3xAHaOQ-KyYmc
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #295 on: September 27, 2022, 08:32:17 PM »

This has arrived quicker than I expected.  Holland is my favourite Beach Boys album.  **** the expense (and being the Beach Boys it will be ludicrously priced) - I'm in

A 6 cd box set featuring arguably their last great albums "Carl & The Passions : So Tough" and "Holland" with sessions, outttakes, bonus tracks and a whole Live At Carnegie Hall concert recording.

Track listing here :

https://shop.thebeachboys.com/collections/sail-on-sailor/products/sail-on-sailor-1972-super-deluxe-edition-6cd-box-set?fbclid=IwAR0Kw1NsRH82IRax8z-94Y5BP1ZmzjBvm3g20S6FRyVf7I3xAHaOQ-KyYmc

Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #296 on: September 27, 2022, 09:14:20 PM »

Track listing here :

Ohmygodyesplease!

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #297 on: September 28, 2022, 08:54:14 AM »

This has arrived quicker than I expected.  Holland is my favourite Beach Boys album.  **** the expense (and being the Beach Boys it will be ludicrously priced) - I'm in

Track listing here :

It is indeed ludicrously priced. One more disc than the Feel Flows box but more than £50 dearer at the moment. Id love to but as with the Revolver box (which really is a scandal) I am just going to have to say no this time.
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #298 on: December 07, 2022, 06:38:16 PM »

I’m beginning to get a little concerned about the Horslips set which had already been delayed by 6 months.
2 days before the new date of dispatch, I have received a message from Burning Shed stating there has been a further delay until January, or more likely February!
This will be almost a year since payment was made.
A nice little earner for them as they rake in the interest!

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #299 on: December 07, 2022, 08:25:09 PM »

I’m beginning to get a little concerned about the Horslips set which had already been delayed by 6 months.
2 days before the new date of dispatch, I have received a message from Burning Shed stating there has been a further delay until January, or more likely February!
This will be almost a year since payment was made.
A nice little earner for them as they rake in the interest!

Yep, I got the same e mother from BS, supply chain issue😞
Christmas delayed until February for me, if I'm spared
At 35 discs, 2 books and a ton of memorabilia, perhaps they really bit off more than they can chew.

The Dude abides
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: