TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:52:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reissues of interest.  (Read 164590 times)
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #260 on: June 20, 2022, 09:30:34 PM »

I always think it's a better than decent album that stands up against a lot of the (really rather average) Who studio albums (there's a couple of classics in there too, of course).  I'd have less than no interest in a very expanded set though I think.  I'm increasingly coming to the conclusion that most albums are best left how they were.

I feel the same about many ‘expanded’ versions of albums, where they can finally restore that missing verse which has been bugging them for all these years because the record company made them fit all the songs on to two sides of vinyl and drop that extra one that wouldn’t fit. Sometimes less is more.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #261 on: June 20, 2022, 09:53:25 PM »

I feel the same about many ‘expanded’ versions of albums, where they can finally restore that missing verse which has been bugging them for all these years because the record company made them fit all the songs on to two sides of vinyl and drop that extra one that wouldn’t fit. Sometimes less is more.

I'm one of those people who really wants to hear the restored verse. Mea culpa.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #262 on: June 21, 2022, 09:26:02 AM »

I'm one of those people who really wants to hear the restored verse. Mea culpa.

Jules

The new 50th anniversary edition of Elton John's Madman Across the Water has a version of  'Holiday Inn' with a verse i, for one, have never heard or heard of before.   I'm pleased to have this to listen to.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #263 on: June 30, 2022, 06:22:45 PM »

Pink Floyd's "Animals" gets the 5.1 treatment  (James Guthrie) in Sept. Standalone bluray (hurrah!) Also a 2018 Guthrie stereo remix CD, and a box set of the CD, LP, Bluray and DVD. No scarves, marbles, but no live etc tracks either.

Flobbadob!
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #264 on: July 01, 2022, 05:23:13 PM »

Disappointing but at least that’s my Xmas present sorted, should I be spared Roll Eyes

From Butning Shed this afternoon it was supposed to be out at the end of this month (July 22)

Thanks for your order.

Due to unforeseen manufacturing delays and global shipping issues, Madfish Music has unfortunately been forced to reschedule the release of Horslips – ‘More than You Can Chew’ to early December 2022.
 As a thank you to those who have already pre-ordered the set, we will soon be shipping you an additional, exclusive 10 track sampler.

In addition, a new single, taken from the boxset ‘One Final Ace and Deuce’ is out now on all major streaming platforms! Watch/listen now: https://horslips.lnk.to/morethanyoucanchew

We deeply apologise for the delay and any inconvenience caused and can assure you it will be worth the wait when the box is delivered in December.

Kind Regards

The Dude abides
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #265 on: July 01, 2022, 06:07:30 PM »

Disappointing but at least that’s my Xmas present sorted, should I be spared Roll Eyes

From Butning Shed this afternoon it was supposed to be out at the end of this month (July 22)

Thanks for your order.

Due to unforeseen manufacturing delays and global shipping issues, Madfish Music has unfortunately been forced to reschedule the release of Horslips – ‘More than You Can Chew’ to early December 2022.
 As a thank you to those who have already pre-ordered the set, we will soon be shipping you an additional, exclusive 10 track sampler.

In addition, a new single, taken from the boxset ‘One Final Ace and Deuce’ is out now on all major streaming platforms! Watch/listen now: https://horslips.lnk.to/morethanyoucanchew

We deeply apologise for the delay and any inconvenience caused and can assure you it will be worth the wait when the box is delivered in December.

Kind Regards

Try the Al Stewart instead.  Grin

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #266 on: July 01, 2022, 08:37:12 PM »

Thanks for your order.

Kind Regards

I got the saame email. It was supposed to be my retirement present to myself. I had to retire to have enough time to listen to it. Now I have retired and it has been delayed. What am I going to do with all this spare  time for the next 6 months?  Grin
Paul B

« Reply #267 on: July 02, 2022, 11:30:16 AM »

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/pentangle-through-the-ages-1984-1995-6cd-clamshell-box-set/?mc_cid=0a5c094e27&mc_eid=566af83acc

I don't know much about this period for the band -worth considering?
Paul B

« Reply #268 on: July 02, 2022, 11:32:15 AM »

Also this https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/plainsong-following-amelia-the-1972-recordings-more-6cd-box-set/?mc_cid=0a5c094e27&mc_eid=566af83acc

Anyone able to recommend?
Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #269 on: July 02, 2022, 12:42:06 PM »

I have all or nearly all of this material,  and if you like the band, it's worth having. There are other lineups apart from the original, but you still get Jacquis voice, and the music is good.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #270 on: July 02, 2022, 01:32:53 PM »

Thanks for your order.

Kind Regards

I got the saame email. It was supposed to be my retirement present to myself. I had to retire to have enough time to listen to it. Now I have retired and it has been delayed. What am I going to do with all this spare  time for the next 6 months?  Grin
Al Stewart? 😁

dog-nap (Ian)
Now you've made me peckish

« Reply #271 on: July 05, 2022, 06:59:54 PM »

This looks rather tempting - https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/high-in-the-morning-british-progressive-pop-sounds-of-1973-3cd-box-set/
Alan2
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #272 on: July 10, 2022, 03:43:48 PM »

Keith Tippett / Centipede : Septober Energy (Esoteric, 2CD).

Sometime in the dim and distant 70s, I'm in the living room of a flat where I've bought my little bit of contraband for the week, and someone puts this on. I realise saxophones can be as exciting as guitars, and my listening is never the same again.  Jazz becomes part of the musical repertoire of my life.  I never bought the album  , but 'it all comes round again'.
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #273 on: July 11, 2022, 12:38:57 PM »

The price for pre ordering the Horslips set from Amazon is almost double what it was from Burning Shed.
Glad I got in when I did!

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #274 on: July 11, 2022, 11:01:56 PM »

The price for pre ordering the Horslips set from Amazon is almost double what it was from Burning Shed.

£460 😱
I suppose it will come down to the 250 mark as the release gets closer

The Dude abides
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #275 on: July 12, 2022, 08:49:02 AM »

£460 😱
I suppose it will come down to the 250 mark as the release gets closer

I paid £325 for the Al Stewart from Burning Shed, at the time it was nearly £600 from Amazon but has now dropped to £335.

Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #276 on: July 13, 2022, 11:05:02 PM »

Here’s one for the dinosaurs:
 https://www.loudersound.com/news/emerson-lake-and-palmer-announce-remastered-vinyl-singles-box-set?fbclid=IwAR31OmsBBVXlFJOcZEv8M5Gz7Puyqg5YM0bfO_q0pjCJYanacunvvDb5nTI&fs=e&s=cl#l5k5bk93f7y37q24745

All ELP’s singles plus more. £75 all in. Bargain  Smiley

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #277 on: July 14, 2022, 08:25:47 AM »

Grin  Never has a band and a music format been less well suited to each other....

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #278 on: July 14, 2022, 08:41:15 AM »

Some of those bands with tracks that took up half an album didnt transfer well to 8 track!!  Grin

davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #279 on: July 14, 2022, 09:17:05 AM »

Some of those bands with tracks that took up half an album didnt transfer well to 8 track!!  Grin

Well, I'm not entirely convinced any band was that well served by 8-track but you make a valid point!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: