TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:11:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hiring Fair: instrumental cover version  (Read 4578 times)
dooovall [Daniel]

Loc: Ohio

« on: June 22, 2017, 05:20:21 AM »

In my Berea OH 44017 apartment of the mid-1990s, my friend Jen Klich (now Jenny Murphy) and I performed this instrumental interpretation of The Hiring Fair as a duo.  Jen is a classically-trained violist.  I hadn't ever picked up an electric bass guitar until approximately three years earlier, and I was unable to practice on a regular basis due to (at first) academic obligations and (later) my hours being interrupted by day jobs.  So forgive my primitive fumblings on my fretted four-string Aria Pro II.   Smiley

Thanks to the initial printing of the Fairport Songbook that Maartin Allcock produced, I was able to see the chord structure and construct a crude bass line with my limited technique, and Jennifer wove her magic(k) by interpreting the vocal line on her viola.

https://myspace.com/dooovall/video/the-hiring-fair-written-by-ralph-mctell-performed-by-daniel-s.-duvall-bass-and-jennifer-klich-viola-/109428426
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: