TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:49:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The London Palladium & big announcement  (Read 7912 times)
YaBB Master (Colin)
Unelected and unaccountable
Administrator

Loc: West Sussex

and mastery demands a certain style

« on: October 20, 2017, 12:00:02 PM »

This has been sent out by email, but in case you missed it:

Ralph McTell’s upcoming show at The London Palladium on October 28th will include some very special guests and a big announcement.  
In addition, opening the evening’s entertainment will be Ralph’s favourite singer songwriter of the tour.  For those that missed it, Ralph invited new singer songwriters to send in auditions to appear in an ‘open mic’ format around the country.  He will select his personal favourite to open for him at the London Palladium.

“Technology has opened so many doors for songwriters to record and publish their work, but opportunities to actually perform seem to be diminishing.  I hoped that the wonderful audiences that come and see me might enjoy having a listen to some of the incredible talent from around the country."

Ralph plays Whitley Bay tonight, with Glasgow and Edinburgh over the weekend before Birmingham and Folkestone, where tickets for students are available for just £10. In addition to this offer to Students, there is a 2 for 1 ticket offer available to telephone bookings at the London Palladium.  

With Ralph offering his stage to up and coming singer songwriters, Ralph's promoter was keen to try and encourage support for this initiative too.  

Ralph feels that this is likely to be his last concert at a major London venue and we hope that as many of you as possible will be there to see him at this iconic venue for a very special show.

Kind Regards,

Leola Music Ltd

but BEING PAID -- what will compare with it?
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 03:47:45 PM »

What a great idea from Ralph for the open mic idea! I'm afraid what that big announcement might be if its the last major London venue he intends to play, but guess we will have to wait.

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Cool Cat
ANONYMOUS MEMBER

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 07:50:24 PM »

Any reports of the concert, and which act was chosen to share the stage?
delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 08:03:41 PM »

The support act was Ben Smith and Jimmy Brewer, and they played a blinder, considering they only had a day or so notice. Lively musicians...watch out for them.

Ralph was (to me) superb. I loved the set. He had Wizz Jones with him for a couple of numbers.

The announcement was that SoL is being rereleased, in aid of the Crisis charity which Ralph supports. They have a choir, made up of their clients, and they sang with him on SoL and will be on the record.

Superb night. Two standing ovations.

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: