TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
August 15, 2022, 02:21:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andy's Blog  (Read 82778 times)
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2022, 11:22:47 AM »

A quick skim of your 'Schools Out' blog shows similarities to my own early education,  Andy.  I left a grammar school at 16, too, having started at the top of my class aged 11 and finished somewhere near the bottom at 16. Yes, there was bullying, mostly done by teachers, and I became as unkind as some of my peers were to me. Teaching was about as unprofessional as it could get, when done by unqualified people who happened to have a university degree. There were at least 2 known paedophilies, and in the climate of the times it simply wasn't talked about.

Leaving school didn't solve anything for me, in the long term. I worked for the local authority for a while and a long period of unemployment followed. Basically I had mental health issues which had gone undiagnosed. Again, things like this were not part of the general discourse,  as they are now.

Life hasn't been  a total car wreck - I got back into education as a mature student and hold a degree and a masters by research. I won't go into my work history, which is sporadic to say the least, but I look forward to the state pension next year, which seems to be the only thing they can't withdraw or threaten to.

Stay safe,

Alan.

"Looking forward" to one of the lowest state pensions in the developed world is perhaps not the right terminology to be used, but I certainly hope you enjoy it nonetheless...

Yes I know its **** in European terms David, but as far as I can tell I'll be better off than I am now, which makes me unusual,  I guess.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #181 on: July 26, 2022, 09:59:10 AM »

Today's Blog is about Music that makes me smile: "There Must Be An Angel" by  Eurythmics.

* Annie Lennox.jpg (101.93 KB, 667x358 - viewed 235 times.)

“Will everything be all right in the end?”

"Yes, if it’s not all right, it’s not the end.”
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: