TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
December 11, 2018, 11:46:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spin CDs  (Read 28429 times)
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Local Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not Perfect. Never Claimed To Be.

« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2017, 01:38:49 PM »

This is what it says.

What are unsolicited goods?

Items that firms send to you, but you didn't actually order are called "unsolicited goods". You're well within your rights to keep them.

The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 state that you have a right to keep goods delivered to you that you didn’t ask for.

What if it the delivery was sent by mistake?

It’s a different story altogether if items are sent to you by mistake. That is, if the order wasn't meant for you, if it was sent to you twice, or if there's extra stuff on top of what you ordered.

You will need to contact whoever sent the goods and ask them to collect them. This shouldn't cost you anything or inconvenience you in any way. You should also give the company a reasonable deadline to collect the items, of say, 14 days.

Make sure you keep written evidence of your contact with the supplier.

See What I did Summer 2018  for a selection of my photos.
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2017, 05:09:51 PM »

Goods sent in error are Unsolicited, aren't they? You didn't ask for them....

That's the way I saw it too.

Jules

Except that they were sent with a despatch note listing the goods I should have received (had the order not been cancelled). Thus they have sent me the wrong thing not an unsolicited thing.

The rules around unsolicited goods and goods sent in error are different.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Local Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not Perfect. Never Claimed To Be.

« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2017, 05:16:53 PM »

Thus the second part of my last reply.

See What I did Summer 2018  for a selection of my photos.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2017, 05:24:02 PM »

I really don't understand any of this.  You're dealing with a company that have done nothing but cause you trouble and held on to your money for God knows how long.  You receive an unsolicited item from them.  Chuck it in the corner and forget about it.  If they don't get in touch with you again, it's yours.  If they do, you tell them its entirely their responsibility to collect it, and you won't spend a penny to facilitate it.  End of.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2017, 06:00:16 PM »

I really don't understand any of this.  You're dealing with a company that have done nothing but cause you trouble and held on to your money for God knows how long.  You receive an unsolicited item from them.  Chuck it in the corner and forget about it.  If they don't get in touch with you again, it's yours.  If they do, you tell them its entirely their responsibility to collect it, and you won't spend a penny to facilitate it.  End of.

I'm just too damn nice!  Wink

Anyway, I have done what I need to do. It is in their hands now.
PJayBe

« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2017, 02:41:17 PM »

They were also offering the 13th Floor Elevators "Sign Of The 3 Eyed Men" 10cd set for a whopping £200!

Mine's going for £150 if you want it!!!!

Just started proceedings against them via my credit card company for 2 transactions that I have been either lied to about or more usually had all comments ignored.  We'll see what happens.......
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2017, 03:20:51 PM »

Spin have offered me a Xmas discount voucher, though I've never bought from them online.  Huh Roll Eyes
PJayBe

« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2017, 03:12:06 PM »

A new approach to my most recent email stating that my credit card company were now involved.........

“Apologies, as our accounts department is based at a different location (Leeds), it can make it difficult to ensure these requests are carried out in a timely manner.  I have mentioned this to one of the directors who will no doubt investigate.  No problem re: the charge back, sorry for the the non-supply. “

Mark Donmall

Loc: Tunbridge Wells

« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2018, 10:13:20 AM »

Website is down, not had any '20% off' discount codes e-mailed for a while. Looks like they may have finally bit the dust. Fortunately the bad publicity over past year stopped me from making any orders. It seems though there are many out of pocket: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.spincds.com?languages=en&stars=1
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2018, 10:29:11 AM »

Website is down, not had any '20% off' discount codes e-mailed for a while. Looks like they may have finally bit the dust. Fortunately the bad publicity over past year stopped me from making any orders. It seems though there are many out of pocket: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.spincds.com?languages=en&stars=1

No Tweets on their account since July either. If they have gone out of business (which, regrettably is all they deserved on recent form) they might at least have the decency to tell people but that would be entirely out of character.
PJayBe

« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2018, 10:43:01 AM »

Put me on that list.
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Global Moderator

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2018, 10:52:10 AM »

Reclaim your money from your card company

Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2018, 11:12:07 AM »

No Tweets on their account since July either. If they have gone out of business (which, regrettably is all they deserved on recent form) they might at least have the decency to tell people but that would be entirely out of character.

It would be for the administrators/liquidators to let customers know. An already bankrupt company, if this is the case, would not have the resources or inclination (or authority) to let their customers know.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
David Gladwin

East Mill

« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2018, 01:03:13 PM »

I'm only out of pocket by £5.99 for a Tim Buckley CD (quasi-boot, like a lot of their offers) I ordered last July.  Had already written that one off once the promotional emails finally dried up, but I'm still getting these from FunkyTownGrooves, who have supplied me with lots of soul, funk and disco treats in recent years.  I was, however, a little miffed to get one with the subject line:

Summer Special 60% OFF - Inc Aretha Franklin titles (RIP)…

about ten minutes after the news broke that she had died.  NB no complaints about service or delivery from FTG, and they don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Spin CDs, but I did think that email was a bit much.  Talk about an ill wind.

David Gladwin

East Mill

« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2018, 03:20:04 PM »

Just received this email from Spin:

The directors have taken steps to place the Company into Liquidation. We will be supported in this process by Baldwins Restructuring & Insolvency. Notice of the impending Liquidation of the Company has been provided to creditors and the Company will formally enter Liquidation with effect from 11.59pm on 15 October 2018.

We apologise to customers who have pre-paid for orders which have not been delivered. Where payments have been made by card, you should contact your card provider who may make a chargeback request under s75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

We anticipate that card providers will require evidence that the Company has ceased to trade. Accordingly, a notice is available to download at http://baldwins.insolvencynotices.co.uk.  In order to access the document please enter the code QS4787-24502 when prompted.

If any customer requires further information, they should email spinrecords@baldwinandco.co.uk . A response will be provided within 2 business days.

They owe me £5.99.  Is it worth chasing, after more than a year?

PJayBe

« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2018, 03:22:48 PM »

You beat me to it by 2 minutes!!  Just about to post this pile of steaming **** myslef.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2018, 03:43:09 PM »

A very sorry end to a very sorry saga.  Once upon a time they were friendly, helpful, and good value.  But I'm guessing that trying to compete with the likes of Amazon imploded somewhat spectacularly.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2018, 05:26:29 PM »

A very sorry end to a very sorry saga.  Once upon a time they were friendly, helpful, and good value.  But I'm guessing that trying to compete with the likes of Amazon imploded somewhat spectacularly.

Jules

Somewhat slowly I would say after the appalling levels of customer service for at least the last two years.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: