TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
December 10, 2018, 09:53:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spin CDs  (Read 28381 times)
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I hope nobody thought they were MY sideburns
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2016, 09:45:21 PM »

Solidarity with Al - I'll never use them

Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am!
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2016, 08:47:52 PM »

Unbelievably I received a dispatch notification today. I don't actually want the item now!

In the meantime I am now having an argument with Proper who have only supplied half of an order despite the invce saying that it was all in the package.

I'm afraid that this is why people use Amazon. Almost every purchase that I have made from an independent CD supplier in the last year has been cocked up one way or another (apart from my purchase of the new Home Service album and unfortunately I don't like the record very much).
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2016, 08:58:28 PM »

Unbelievably I received a dispatch notification today. I don't actually want the item now!

That's how it is with Spin, Al - they always deliver......eventually.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
twa (Trev)
n3wb

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2017, 10:40:38 PM »

I wish i'd seen these posts before I ordered from Spin CDs.
Ordered a cd 2/3/17 with 24 hr despatch quoted,as of 10/3/17 still not received and my account still says order is processing.
Have been trying to phone all day but just keep getting line busy message,have messaged via the site and had no reply.
Okay it's only £9.99,not a lot of money these days, but it's the principle.
That's the first and last time I use Spin CDs.
Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2017, 11:34:42 PM »

I ordered a CD from them in November.  They finally admitted they didn't even have it in stock a month later.  Finally got them to refund me in February.  They're lovely people when you get through to them, but they surely don't do themselves any favours.

Jules

Paul B

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2017, 08:06:00 AM »

I'm afraid that this is why people use Amazon.

Not always that reliable Al -recently had a £50+ Turtles box-set allegedly left in "the shed" by Amazon Logistics, when we don't have one! To Amazon's credit I was given an immediate refund -item never appeared.
So, it seems,shopping at a good old fashioned record shop is best -if you can find one Sad
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2017, 08:56:35 AM »

I'm afraid that this is why people use Amazon.

Not always that reliable Al -recently had a £50+ Turtles box-set allegedly left in "the shed" by Amazon Logistics, when we don't have one! To Amazon's credit I was given an immediate refund -item never appeared.
So, it seems,shopping at a good old fashioned record shop is best -if you can find one Sad

Sure, things don't arrive occasionally but their customer service is second to none and they always sort out the problem quickly, especially if you are a Prime member (which I am for reasons other than the shopping benefits but those are a much appreciated bonus).
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: near Aldbrickham, in the Royal County

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2017, 11:13:39 AM »

Shame to hear all this.  Their price on the new Fairport box is £10 below Amazon, but it sounds like a definite case of caveat emptor.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2017, 11:16:40 AM »

Shame to hear all this.  Their price on the new Fairport box is £10 below Amazon, but it sounds like a definite case of caveat emptor.

If you put in 'Spin CDs' into google it defaults to 'spin CDs problems'.  There are pages and pages of blogs and articles and the like.  And yet I know many people who have never had a problem with them and routinely order via them.  Go figure.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2017, 11:35:42 AM »

If you put in 'Spin CDs' into google it defaults to 'spin CDs problems'.  There are pages and pages of blogs and articles and the like.  And yet I know many people who have never had a problem with them and routinely order via them.  Go figure.

Well, they have stayed in business so they must be doing something right. They are a relatively small Newcastle based business. I don't think there are a lot of staff. Anyway, I have with some reluctance gone back to the well, I am just not expecting to receive the items within several months of ordering them.
PJayBe

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2017, 12:35:49 PM »

Just ahd to threaten them with Trading Standards to get a promise of a refund from them for discs stated as "in stock" on the website but not actually anywhere near Newcastle.  Made them reply to an email mind, so maybe that's the way to go.

"The phone is always manned" they told me, but always off the hook was my reply.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2017, 12:39:52 PM »

Just ahd to threaten them with Trading Standards to get a promise of a refund from them for discs stated as "in stock" on the website but not actually anywhere near Newcastle.  Made them reply to an email mind, so maybe that's the way to go.

"The phone is always manned" they told me, but always off the hook was my reply.

The only assumption that can be made is that they are operating so on the very margin (for which i have a huge sympathy in this crazy market place) that the slightest thing could push them over the edge.  Ultimately, if you haven't got decent customer service there really is no point at all.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: near Aldbrickham, in the Royal County

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 01:52:44 PM »

Well, they have stayed in business so they must be doing something right. They are a relatively small Newcastle based business. I don't think there are a lot of staff. Anyway, I have with some reluctance gone back to the well, I am just not expecting to receive the items within several months of ordering them.

Do let us know how you get on with them - especially if it is good news!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2017, 10:42:20 PM »

This is a picture of the building that Spin claim as their postal address. Popular cafe bar downstairs. Architect upstairs. No mention of a CD retailer. Hmmm.

* spin.jpg (211.22 KB, 600x400 - viewed 721 times.)
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2017, 07:43:34 AM »

That is - if true - bloody odd.

GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2017, 01:05:31 PM »

That is - if true - bloody odd.

Absolutely true. That is 1 Boyd Street, Shieldfield which is the address quoted on their website. And to prove the point, here is the website for the cafe bar. Note the address

http://weareernest.com/
Bob Barrows
Give me time ... it will wear on me
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Auburn, MA USA

Bob

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2017, 02:17:13 PM »

Absolutely true. That is 1 Boyd Street, Shieldfield which is the address quoted on their website. And to prove the point, here is the website for the cafe bar. Note the address

Ernest, 1 Boyd Street, Ouseburn, Newcastle, NE2 1AP

Is that the same as Shieldfield? It must be, Google maps displays the same location for both addresses
Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2017, 02:21:00 PM »

That's why they take so long then.  They're all in the pub!

Jules

GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2017, 03:50:13 PM »

Ernest, 1 Boyd Street, Ouseburn, Newcastle, NE2 1AP

Is that the same as Shieldfield? It must be, Google maps displays the same location for both addresses

Same post/zip code Bob so the same place.
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2017, 03:54:15 PM »

That's why they take so long then.  They're all in the pub!

Jules

I wish that was funny.  Sad

I was cutting them some slack for being slow but really there is no excuse for not replying to emails or answering phone calls. When you add in an apparently false postal address and the fact that their Facebook site has disappeared it all begins to look like something other than incompetence, especially when they take the money for every purchase up front.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: