TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
November 12, 2019, 07:10:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acoustical Location Recording request  (Read 9008 times)
Andrew S

« on: February 11, 2016, 12:03:18 AM »

Hi all
I'm currently progressing through my HND in Sound Production at Fife College and as part of the course I am required to do a Location based recording of an accousic duo or more.
I was wondering if I can put it there to the good group on Talkawhile for those that are within a range that I can travel to for those that are musicians that would be willing to help out, or at least know of musicians that could?
It would be a seriously massive help for me in obtaining the qualification if anyone is able to help.

All the best!
Andrew
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 07:09:14 AM »

Blimey, there must be thousands of them out there.  Why not check your local listings, go to a local gig, and then ask the players?

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Andrew S

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 11:36:17 PM »

Well ive spoken, or at least attempted to speak with folk clubs, church choirs and so on and even if initial response sounds promising they fall through for a number of reasons out with either of our control. From there end or in the case of the folk clubs in Fife, I never receive a reply.
I've reached out to musicians in Fife but also sadly they have not responded. Which is quite saddening really considering the opertunities on offer.
Which is what lead me to ask on here as well in the hope there could be an opertunity on being about to work on something that could be beneficial for both parties.
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 12:24:06 AM »

Andrew , I've  messaged you.
Andrew S

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 01:47:10 AM »

Thanks Dave, have dropped you a message in return.
All the best!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: