TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
July 21, 2019, 09:06:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 124   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 410163 times)
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not Perfect. Never Claimed To Be.

« Reply #2320 on: April 07, 2019, 11:14:15 AM »

Thanks for the clarification.

See What I did in 2018  for a selection of my photos.
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #2321 on: April 07, 2019, 05:46:18 PM »

The Long Ryders at Gorilla in Manchester on Wednesday with the fabulous Hanging Stars supporting, going to be a cracker.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #2322 on: April 07, 2019, 06:17:06 PM »

The Long Ryders at Gorilla in Manchester on Wednesday with the fabulous Hanging Stars supporting, going to be a cracker.

Wow...weren't they in the Academy last time they played?  I really like Gorilla.

My partner and I are running the Chester 10k on 10 March to raise money for our local hospice, and to raise awareness of the hospice movement.  Please click on my website for more info.  Thanks.
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #2323 on: April 07, 2019, 08:17:44 PM »

Club Academy last time. Thought Gorilla might be a bit big for them in comparison but Sid reckons the ticket sales have been so good they'll be back before the end of the year for some more dates, Octoberish.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #2324 on: April 08, 2019, 01:00:01 PM »

Steeleye on Wednesday and really getting excited about Mott The Hoople in a couple of weeks.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #2325 on: April 08, 2019, 01:17:47 PM »

Steeleye on Wednesday and really getting excited about Mott The Hoople in a couple of weeks.

The Hoople are my next gig. I am doing the Friday night in London and then have Ian McNabb the following night back in Worthing.
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #2326 on: April 08, 2019, 06:07:18 PM »

According to the Grauniad's gig guide last Saturday, there's a "one-off" drum legends show this Friday at the Brighton Dome...

Pete York, Herman from the Scorpions and... GINGER BAKER - who I thought had retired permanently from drumming - certainly live performance - due to ill health!!

Seems it's not sold out - I'm gutted I can't make it - probably my last chance to see Ginger play live - then again, if his drumming capabilities have (understandably) declined, it would be a bit sad to see.

Said the straight man, to the late man...
Andy Tuck
A creme egg moment
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Leicester

Dolphins are Evil They Eat Kittens...

« Reply #2327 on: April 08, 2019, 06:16:49 PM »

After seeing Lavinia Blackwall last week off to see more ex Trembling Bells tonight with a solo performance from Alex Rex.

Still listening to the telepathic pirate radio show from the flying teapot.....

http://www.fortytenthpromotions.co.uk/
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Austin

« Reply #2328 on: April 08, 2019, 06:28:59 PM »

According to the Grauniad's gig guide last Saturday, there's a "one-off" drum legends show this Friday at the Brighton Dome...

Pete York, Herman from the Scorpions and... GINGER BAKER - who I thought had retired permanently from drumming - certainly live performance - due to ill health!!

Seems it's not sold out - I'm gutted I can't make it - probably my last chance to see Ginger play live - then again, if his drumming capabilities have (understandably) declined, it would be a bit sad to see.

We saw Ginger in Austin on his last U.S. visit, just a couple of years back. His skills were impeccable, although his health was clearly not. I hope some Talkawhilers can make it to the Brighton Dome and I hope they experience him as we did.
Andy Tuck
A creme egg moment
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Leicester

Dolphins are Evil They Eat Kittens...

« Reply #2329 on: April 10, 2019, 02:50:40 PM »

Two brilliant live bands tonight, Holy Moly & The Crackers plus local band The Brandy Thieves. At the Musician as usual.

Still listening to the telepathic pirate radio show from the flying teapot.....

http://www.fortytenthpromotions.co.uk/
Ian_
blazzawazzada brortewtomay
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Warwickshire

None the wiser

« Reply #2330 on: April 13, 2019, 03:17:33 PM »

Just booked to see Steve Hackett in Birmingham in November. Thought I'd have no trouble getting a ticket but it's about 98% sold out already. This will be my first gig since Cropredy 2017 and I hadn't quite realised how much ticket prices were creeping up..... Roll Eyes

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science." Albert Einstein
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #2331 on: April 13, 2019, 07:04:36 PM »

Ludicrously excited about Dr Strangely Strange at Cafe Oto tomorrow pm.  I do wish it didn't mean 9 hours in the bloody car and wasn't in London, but, hey ho....

My partner and I are running the Chester 10k on 10 March to raise money for our local hospice, and to raise awareness of the hospice movement.  Please click on my website for more info.  Thanks.
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #2332 on: April 13, 2019, 08:21:31 PM »

Just booked to see Steve Hackett in Birmingham in November. Thought I'd have no trouble getting a ticket but it's about 98% sold out already. This will be my first gig since Cropredy 2017 and I hadn't quite realised how much ticket prices were creeping up..... Roll Eyes

They have been on sale a while; I got a ticket for Reading when they were announced. It's the first time I have held a ticket for a gig that was more than a year away. I am sure I will forget to go.

...putting the finishing touchťs on some witty ripostes
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: near Aldbrickham, in the Royal County

« Reply #2333 on: April 14, 2019, 02:20:54 PM »

They have been on sale a while; I got a ticket for Reading when they were announced. It's the first time I have held a ticket for a gig that was more than a year away. I am sure I will forget to go.

I have a ticket for that Reading concert too, and likewise have never bought a ticket over a year in advance.  I'm relying on my calendar and the friends I'm going with to make sure I don't miss it!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I hope nobody thought they were MY sideburns
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #2334 on: April 14, 2019, 05:35:02 PM »

Do you use Outlook, or have a calendar on your phone? If so, add a reminder for a few days before the gig

My entire life is in Outlook - Iíve no idea how Iíd cope without it!!!  Undecided Grin

Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am!
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #2335 on: April 15, 2019, 12:36:54 PM »

I did that last year with a sort of gig - the League Of Gentlemen. I haven't got a ticket for Steve yet...I've been to three gigs this week, and there's Mott next week, and it's festival tix buying season....bam and dlast.

Well I never did..
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Austin

« Reply #2336 on: April 15, 2019, 06:46:08 PM »

Just purchased - Squeeze Songbook Tour, September 17, 2019, at the Paramount in Austin.

The Paramount may not be an ideal venue for Squeeze.  At Cropredy, and at the 2008 Squeeze show at La Zona Rosa here in Austin, there was lots of joyful bopping throughout the show.  You can't bop in the fixed chairs at the Paramount...
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2337 on: April 16, 2019, 05:43:03 PM »

Mr Robert Plant. I hope he appreciates the 2 hour trek Iíve made to Carmarthen!!!  Grin

Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not Perfect. Never Claimed To Be.

« Reply #2338 on: April 17, 2019, 12:22:07 AM »

Mr Robert Plant. I hope he appreciates the 2 hour trek Iíve made to Carmarthen!!!  Grin

His band were pretty good, but his voice was obviously suffering and he had a persistent cough. Very laid back and no foot-stompers.

It will be interesting to see if this band develops enough to produce an album.

See What I did in 2018  for a selection of my photos.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #2339 on: April 17, 2019, 09:03:13 AM »

Mr Robert Plant. I hope he appreciates the 2 hour trek Iíve made to Carmarthen!!! †Grin

His band were pretty good, but his voice was obviously suffering and he had a persistent cough. Very laid back and no foot-stompers.

It will be interesting to see if this band develops enough to produce an album.
I particularly enjoyed Matt Worley's singing. I admit I was waiting for a foot-stomper, or a bit of "Hey, hey Mama, said the way you move...."!!  Smiley but I enjoyed the evening. The support were very good.

I wasn't moved to applaud for the sound man tho - he needs to get his act together  Huh

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 124   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: