TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
September 23, 2018, 11:52:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 101   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 259583 times)
mickf
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Barry, South Wales

« Reply #1660 on: March 13, 2018, 09:27:20 AM »

Stick Men on Thursday in Bilston, Sun Raymond Arkestra in Brum 4th April, and possibly Jcm Band 12 April in Bilston... this is a blues/jazz/rock trio of Jon Hiseman, Clem Cleminson and Mark Clarke. Sounds very tasty!

Shoot me down in flames if I'm wrong, but surely that isn't the name of the band!

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #1661 on: March 13, 2018, 01:57:52 PM »

That'll teach me to text while on the bus!

I'm raising money for the Sue Ryder hospice in Cheltenham, cycling 90km around (and over) the Cotswolds on 24th June.
If you'd care to help:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paul-turner65
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #1662 on: March 13, 2018, 03:04:39 PM »

I quite like the idea of a random bloke called Raymond who fancies his hand at being a Sun Ra covers outfit.  

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1663 on: March 15, 2018, 04:28:41 PM »

Los Lobos - Auditorium Shores, Austin, Texas, tonight at 8:30 PM.

This is a free show sponsored by the City of Austin, tied in with the SXSW music festival which is presently in full swing.  Fun fact: Cropredy veterans and Georgia peaches Larkin Poe are playing all over town this week.  I may catch them while they're here.

I can literally step out the door of my office building, cross a bridge and arrive at the entrance to the festivities.  Did I mention it's free?

I may do this...
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: near Aldbrickham, in the Royal County

« Reply #1664 on: March 15, 2018, 04:43:15 PM »

Sounds great!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Austin

« Reply #1665 on: March 15, 2018, 09:12:14 PM »

Los Lobos - Auditorium Shores, Austin, Texas, tonight at 8:30 PM.

This is a free show sponsored by the City of Austin, tied in with the SXSW music festival which is presently in full swing.  Fun fact: Cropredy veterans and Georgia peaches Larkin Poe are playing all over town this week.  I may catch them while they're here.

I can literally step out the door of my office building, cross a bridge and arrive at the entrance to the festivities.  Did I mention it's free?

I may do this...

To add...I just found out that Los Super Seven are appearing before Los Lobos. Rick Trevino, Flaco Jiminez, Cesar Rosas, Steve Berlin, and "special guests" (presumably, David Hidalgo, hopefully others).  Smiley

P.S. - I still think Los Lobos would be a great headliner for Cropredy.  This is roots/Americana music at its finest.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I hope nobody thought they were MY sideburns
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #1666 on: March 21, 2018, 05:20:19 PM »

Steve Wilson tonight in Cardiff St David's Hall. And I'm VERY EXCITED  Cheesy Cheesy

Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am!
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #1667 on: March 21, 2018, 07:49:02 PM »

A house concert by the wonderful Martin Stephenson . Looking forward to it immensely.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #1668 on: March 21, 2018, 08:18:23 PM »

Steve Wilson tonight in Cardiff St David's Hall. And I'm VERY EXCITED  Cheesy Cheesy

I don't think I've ever heard anything by him. I know he seems to be the go to man for remasters and remixes in the field of rock.

The Dude abides
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1669 on: March 21, 2018, 11:55:24 PM »

I don't think I've ever heard anything by him. I know he seems to be the go to man for remasters and remixes in the field of rock.
He says he's a songwriter and producer, but OMG he is so much more than that. His music is a mix of rock, prog rock, thrash rock, pop, jazz, funk, goth, psych rock, ambient, more rock. He plays keyboards, guitar and bass and does all the singing, although he does have a few gutsy guest female vocalists.

I can (and do) listen to his music for days on end then I have to suddenly stop as it becomes an obsession. You might have guessed I'm a big fan!  Grin  He was amazing.

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1670 on: March 22, 2018, 07:45:36 AM »

You've never heard any Porcupine Tree, Jim?  There's a huge amount of great music in there.  I really rate his more recent stuff too.  He's got a pop sensibility but presents it in a very interesting way...

Have I told you about the time I saw Porcupine Tree in a tiny venue in Canterbury with about 30 others?  Wink I was only there to see Richard Barbieri really... This was the Sky Moves Sideways time...happy days!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1671 on: March 22, 2018, 08:38:00 AM »

You've never heard any Porcupine Tree, Jim?  There's a huge amount of great music in there.  I really rate his more recent stuff too.  He's got a pop sensibility but presents it in a very interesting way...

Have I told you about the time I saw Porcupine Tree in a tiny venue in Canterbury with about 30 others?  Wink I was only there to see Richard Barbieri really... This was the Sky Moves Sideways time...happy days!
I am so jealous!

Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #1672 on: March 22, 2018, 09:48:17 AM »

No, I don't think I've ever heard porcupine tree and the name rings no bells

The Dude abides
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #1673 on: March 22, 2018, 10:29:39 AM »

No, I don't think I've ever heard porcupine tree and the name rings no bells

I’d never heard of them either until my work colleague revealed they were his favourite band!

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: near Aldbrickham, in the Royal County

« Reply #1674 on: March 22, 2018, 11:48:22 AM »

Ange Hardy at Readifolk on Sunday.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Shane (Skirky)
Simply looking at your dogtags
Global Moderator

« Reply #1675 on: March 22, 2018, 12:00:04 PM »

Shepherd’s Bush, as a guest of a guest of the guitarist in PT, who’d both been in Mr. Fish’s band. Much swapping of on the road “Did he do that to you..?” anecdotes. Steve Hogarth was in the bar and Robert Fripp was supporting. All of this as wallpaper to that if the only thing Steven Wilson had ever done was ‘Lazarus’ he’d still be in my top ten guitarists of all time. Judging by the amount of work he gets through, he also appears to own one of this planet’s very few functioning time machines.

Just found out the wasp I killed yesterday was a wasp cop who was too old for this s**t and only one week away from retirement. Feel awful.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1676 on: March 22, 2018, 12:47:07 PM »

Shepherd’s Bush, as a guest of a guest of the guitarist in PT, who’d both been in Mr. Fish’s band. Much swapping of on the road “Did he do that to you..?” anecdotes. Steve Hogarth was in the bar and Robert Fripp was supporting. All of this as wallpaper to that if the only thing Steven Wilson had ever done was ‘Lazarus’ he’d still be in my top ten guitarists of all time. Judging by the amount of work he gets through, he also appears to own one of this planet’s very few functioning time machines.
|It amazes me that he's not better known (to the general public), but I suspect he likes it like that.
Robert Fripp, eh?  Cheesy

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1677 on: March 22, 2018, 05:04:22 PM »

Fripp was just checking out the drummer...ready to pounce  Wink Smiley

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1678 on: March 23, 2018, 10:54:57 AM »

This is the Kit in Chester on 4 July.  Looking forward to this.  There's a guy putting on some really good gigs in St Mary's.  Will definitely try and get to Roddy Woomble too...

https://www.facebook.com/RomanCandlePromotions/

Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Local Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not Perfect. Never Claimed To Be.

« Reply #1679 on: March 23, 2018, 12:32:27 PM »

Cropredy warmup tickets are on sale today.

See What I did Summer 2018  for a selection of my photos.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 101   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: