TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
December 10, 2018, 09:53:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 303375 times)
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #2120 on: November 10, 2018, 09:31:49 PM »

Ask Marty if you can touch Clarence's guitar.   Smiley

FWIW.. Ah brings back memories, he certainly touched me forever, went to one of these amazing shows with RT, even though I was expecting to pay at the Box Office, Bill Graham (RIP) treated us to great seats.

Cool

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
mightyglydd

Loc: Hollywood California

« Reply #2121 on: November 10, 2018, 11:39:43 PM »

I think I've listened to Lover Of The Bayou, at least once a month ever since..  Smiley
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #2122 on: November 11, 2018, 12:48:51 AM »

I think I've listened to Lover Of The Bayou, at least once a month ever since..  Smiley

Love that record.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Andy Tuck
A creme egg moment
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Leicester

Dolphins are Evil They Eat Kittens...

« Reply #2123 on: November 17, 2018, 07:17:07 PM »

After the worst gig of the year, I actually walked out and I wasn't the only one, earlier this week, off for something loud tonight with the UK Subs. Haven't seen them since the late 70s.

Still listening to the telepathic pirate radio show from the flying teapot.....

http://www.fortytenthpromotions.co.uk/
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #2124 on: November 17, 2018, 07:20:05 PM »

After the worst gig of the year, I actually walked out and I wasn't the only one, earlier this week, off for something loud tonight with the UK Subs. Haven't seen them since the late 70s.

Name and shame!  I demand it...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: near Aldbrickham, in the Royal County

« Reply #2125 on: November 19, 2018, 11:24:21 AM »

Gigspanner Big Band tonight at Nettlebed - should be great!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Martin F

Loc: Bicester

« Reply #2126 on: November 19, 2018, 05:13:07 PM »

Try reading some previous posts as I think there's a big hint earlier in the thread.

Do androids dream of electric sheep?
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #2127 on: November 19, 2018, 06:58:37 PM »

Try reading some previous posts as I think there's a big hint earlier in the thread.

Not Tilston, surely?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
Bob Barrows
Give me time ... it will wear on me
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Auburn, MA USA

Bob

« Reply #2128 on: November 19, 2018, 08:01:46 PM »

Not Tilston, surely?
Agreed. I've seen him 3 times and never been disappointed. Was it the support act?
Andy Tuck
A creme egg moment
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Leicester

Dolphins are Evil They Eat Kittens...

« Reply #2129 on: November 19, 2018, 08:24:22 PM »

Not Tilston, surely?

Most defintely not, Steve was brilliant (always is). Plus I discovered Saskia Griffiths-Moore whose voice just blew me away. I have already booked her for a return visit with her full band.

Still listening to the telepathic pirate radio show from the flying teapot.....

http://www.fortytenthpromotions.co.uk/
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Austin

« Reply #2130 on: November 19, 2018, 09:00:00 PM »

Oops - Mark Knopfler's recently announced gig at ACL Live in September (!) 2019 sold out in one day, while I was looking the other way.

I'll keep it on the calendar and hope they release a few more tix right before the show.

Wow! A friend of a friend hooked me up with very good tickets for Mark Knopfler's show after it was officially sold out! As someone once wrote, good things happen to bad people.
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #2131 on: November 23, 2018, 02:10:55 PM »

Paging all progsters...

King Crimson play 3 concerts at the Royal Albert Hall 18-19-20 June (Tue/Wed/Thu) next year as part of their 50th anniversary celebrations.

Tickets on general sale next Friday, 30th Nov.

Said the straight man, to the late man...
Chris from Fieldtown
Sorry Bob

Loc: Fieldtown, Oxon

« Reply #2132 on: November 23, 2018, 03:40:37 PM »

Paging all progsters...

King Crimson play 3 concerts at the Royal Albert Hall 18-19-20 June (Tue/Wed/Thu) next year as part of their 50th anniversary celebrations.

Shame about the venue, the two gigs I've seen there, the sound has been attrocious - boomey, echoey and muddled. I'm sure it's fab for an orchestra but loud rock really hasn't worked. Maybe I've just been unlucky. but not going to waste any more money on that place.
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #2133 on: November 23, 2018, 03:44:04 PM »

Kraftwerk's sound was top notch last year. We were sat centrally in the stalls, about 1/3 of the way back. Maybe up in the "gods" is worse...

Said the straight man, to the late man...
Bingers (Chris)
Day saved by donated doughnuts

Loc: Essex

Trying to be young!

« Reply #2134 on: November 23, 2018, 04:10:23 PM »

Paging all progsters...

Shame about the venue, the two gigs I've seen there, the sound has been attrocious - boomey, echoey and muddled. I'm sure it's fab for an orchestra but loud rock really hasn't worked. Maybe I've just been unlucky. but not going to waste any more money on that place.

Think you have been unlucky. Saw Crosby, Stills & Nash there a few years ago (and they did seem happy playing with each other then too) when the 2nd half of the set was their debut album in its entirety. Sat in the stalls and the sound was excellent
M

Born to Run (but not very fast)
Polly Oxford (Andie)
give most things a go that don't involve jumping
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surrey/Sussex

Bloomin' Tall Ships...

« Reply #2135 on: November 23, 2018, 04:58:49 PM »

Seen all sorts there, from full classical to gentle folk with Jools and The Beachboys in between, and from all seats, front stalls, side boxes, to top knee-squashing tiers. Never had any problems with sound  quality, and I'm sure our Eric and his ilk wouldn't choose it if it weren't the most amazingly intimate feeling hall.
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: near Aldbrickham, in the Royal County

« Reply #2136 on: November 23, 2018, 04:59:42 PM »

Oops - Mark Knopfler's recently announced gig at ACL Live in September (!) 2019 sold out in one day, while I was looking the other way.

I'll keep it on the calendar and hope they release a few more tix right before the show.

Wow! A friend of a friend hooked me up with very good tickets for Mark Knopfler's show after it was officially sold out! As someone once wrote, good things happen to bad people.

Lucky man!  I looked at the tickets here, and they were out of my price bracket.  So I just have to hope for a Cropredy appearance!

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
Chris from Fieldtown
Sorry Bob

Loc: Fieldtown, Oxon

« Reply #2137 on: November 23, 2018, 05:45:51 PM »

Seen all sorts there, from full classical to gentle folk with Jools and The Beachboys in between, and from all seats, front stalls, side boxes, to top knee-squashing tiers. Never had any problems with sound  quality, and I'm sure our Eric and his ilk wouldn't choose it if it weren't the most amazingly intimate feeling hall.

That's good to hear, I guess I've been unlucky and once (twice) bitten and all that. So it's back on my radar as a venue.

Chris
Shankly (Peter)
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Liverpool, England

« Reply #2138 on: November 27, 2018, 09:27:05 AM »

Not (yet) an upcoming gig, but I just got a ticket to see Roy Harper at Liverpool Phil next March
Col D

Loc: South Cheshire

« Reply #2139 on: November 29, 2018, 05:01:34 PM »

Curse of Lono at The Soup Kitchen, Manchester tomorrow. The best new band I've heard in the last couple of years, have seen them supporting several times but this is the first as a headliner, really looking forward to this one.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: