TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:00:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meeting Gerry Conway in Curry House  (Read 4690 times)
trewin

« on: August 16, 2015, 05:40:24 PM »

On Friday evening Jeremy who was a Cropredy virgin & myself left the festival after "Fish" had completed his set to get a curry back in Banbury, neither of us being fans of either The Proclaimers or Level 42.

On recommendation of Hotel staff we went into a Curry house only to be joined by Gerry at the next table.

We discussed the festival, then I said our interest in Fairport dates back to the "Maidstone Fiesta" in 1970 to which Jeremy said weren't you playing with Matthews Southern Comfort that day?

Gerry said he wasn't playing & we pointed out that his name appears on the DVD box as one of the only two members of the band that played that day the other being Gordon Huntley steel guitar with Iain.

Gerry said that he would discuss where his royalties were with Iain!!
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 06:22:27 PM »

On Friday evening Jeremy who was a Cropredy virgin & myself left the festival after "Fish" had completed his set to get a curry back in Banbury, neither of us being fans of either The Proclaimers or Level 42.

On recommendation of Hotel staff we went into a Curry house only to be joined by Gerry at the next table.

We discussed the festival, then I said our interest in Fairport dates back to the "Maidstone Fiesta" in 1970 to which Jeremy said weren't you playing with Matthews Southern Comfort that day?

Gerry said he wasn't playing & we pointed out that his name appears on the DVD box as one of the only two members of the band that played that day the other being Gordon Huntley steel guitar with Iain.

Gerry said that he would discuss where his royalties were with Iain!!

Haven't seen it for ages, but I always thought it was Ray Duffy at Maidstone.

That reminds me Gerry still owes me the 20p I lent him for parking in Banbury a few years back. So, when that royalties cheque comes through.....  Smiley

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: