TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 26, 2022, 10:21:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Festival Chatter  (Read 289241 times)
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #540 on: March 31, 2022, 12:40:39 PM »

Simon Emmerson has posted on Facebook that The Imagined Village will be playing at Beautiful Days this summer.
They were the finale of Shrewsbury last year and just bloody marvellous.

Recommended.

I saw them at SFF about ten or eleven years ago, but have drawn a blank on them playing last year. I don't remember them being scheduled at all.  Huh
What stage did they play and how did I miss them?

Sorry, I meant to say Simon Emmerson & Afro Celt Sound System. They were the final act of the Festival on the Cuckoo stage.

Here's a link to the whole performance.

“Will everything be all right in the end?”

"Yes, if it’s not all right, it’s not the end.”
Albie
or tea, if that is your cup of tea
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #541 on: March 31, 2022, 03:50:06 PM »

Simon Emmerson has posted on Facebook that The Imagined Village will be playing at Beautiful Days this summer.
They were the finale of Shrewsbury last year and just bloody marvellous.

Recommended.

I saw them at SFF about ten or eleven years ago, but have drawn a blank on them playing last year. I don't remember them being scheduled at all.  Huh
What stage did they play and how did I miss them?

Sorry, I meant to say Simon Emmerson & Afro Celt Sound System. They were the final act of the Festival on the Cuckoo stage.

Here's a link to the whole performance.

OK, that makes sense. I thought I might have missed them but didn't think I would have forgotten any mention of them.
I didn't realise, or perhaps I once did but have forgotten, that there was a connection between the two bands via Simon Emmerson.
garrypbrooks

« Reply #542 on: May 09, 2022, 12:49:25 PM »

Another small festival that may be worth a look. 28th August has some interesting stuff, esp. Kindred Spirit Band
https://www.wokinghamfestival.co.uk/
garrypbrooks

« Reply #543 on: May 22, 2022, 10:27:26 AM »

I thought I'd be going to the Wimborne Festival (10-12 June) but their faffing around has driven me to drink.
Three weeks to go and they still haven't sorted the Sat/Sun acts out!
They originally had a good bill Sat/Sun - Megson, Merry Hell, Rangari and Charlie Dore, amongst others - but info now is scarce and contradictory. I think Merry Hell are playing Saturday evening and Reg Meuross is playing some time or another on Sunday, but that's about it.
We've booked a B&B but unless Wimborne get their act together ASAP it'll be cancellation time.
And the Wimborne Tourist office staff are even more p*ssed off, having to field dozens of calls a day asking for info they can't provide!
Dad Volt
Disturber of the Peace
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Preston Lancs

Same as before!

« Reply #544 on: May 23, 2022, 06:36:29 AM »

Anybody else going to Bearded Theory this week? There will be a smattering of Talkawhilers (and ex-Talkawhilers) in attendance.

Happy mainly.
DawnG

« Reply #545 on: May 23, 2022, 12:05:39 PM »

not sure if its any help re Wimborne but if you go to their website and click on the artists name it tells you which day they're on looks like you can get tickets from the website also
DawnG

« Reply #546 on: May 24, 2022, 09:30:24 PM »

Have just asked on fb and they said programmes will be available later this week from tourist office or the Allendale Centre
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: