TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:13:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Festival Chatter  (Read 395512 times)
Mark J Salt

Loc: Sea view from a mountain in North Wales

« Reply #420 on: June 06, 2020, 04:40:54 PM »

Received refunds for BlueDot (not quick, but not the 90 days quoted) and Twinwood (less than two weeks).
New Forest / Eventbrite refunded my tickets within 24 hours, super efficient, would have liked to go next year but thats the one weekend in the year we can't make. gutted...
blagden
Money for
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: South God's Own Country

I am a rebel - whilst ever my wife will let me be!

« Reply #421 on: June 06, 2020, 04:51:03 PM »

All Butlins Music Weekends cancelled in September 2020 dates converted to family breaks where social-distancing can be maintained.

Going to be touch and go for the GBFF which is scheduled for the last weekend in November 2020.

On Facebook that music weekends to be cancelled to the end of October 2020, slightly more touch and go for GBFF.
AdrianW
always good to have a target to miss
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: South Cheshire

"The weird bloke"

« Reply #422 on: June 07, 2020, 01:16:54 AM »

On Facebook that music weekends to be cancelled to the end of October 2020, slightly more touch and go for GBFF.

I am expecting / hoping that GBFF be cancelled. If it is not, who would dare go? It is hard to envisage any social distancing being achieved.

-- Adrian
I cried for madder music and for stronger wine,
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #423 on: June 07, 2020, 01:22:07 AM »

I am expecting / hoping that GBFF be cancelled. If it is not, who would dare go? It is hard to envisage any social distancing being achieved.
I'm pretty sure neither Wendy nor I would consider going to GBFF this year.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #424 on: June 07, 2020, 02:55:01 PM »

We would feel OK in the Sky Bar but not in the main arenas. So would it be worth it? Depends how desperate we would be for music, and if the bands would turn up.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Andy
Global Moderator

« Reply #425 on: June 08, 2020, 01:22:20 PM »

We would feel OK in the Sky Bar but not in the main arenas. So would it be worth it? Depends how desperate we would be for music, and if the bands would turn up.
That only works for bands on that stage. Since they get spread over both stages, it could be very difficult.

Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #426 on: June 08, 2020, 05:50:38 PM »

That only works for bands on that stage. Since they get spread over both stages, it could be very difficult.

That's why I queried if it would be worth it (for me). They would, of course, have to open both stages, to make it worthwhile for them.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Brian Green

« Reply #427 on: June 09, 2020, 09:23:01 AM »

A New Day festival has announced it will not be happening this August Bank Holiday weekend.
Ticket holders are encouraged to keep their tickets for August 20-22  2021.
Each rolled over ticket will be matched with a free ticket for NHS Staff Members
Details on A New Day Facebook page.
Of course full refunds will be given if required.
blagden
Money for
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: South God's Own Country

I am a rebel - whilst ever my wife will let me be!

« Reply #428 on: June 18, 2020, 11:44:56 AM »

All Butlins Music Weekends cancelled in September 2020 dates converted to family breaks where social-distancing can be maintained.

Going to be touch and go for the GBFF which is scheduled for the last weekend in November 2020.

Confirmed this morning that all weekends are now cancelled until the end of October 2020.
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #429 on: June 28, 2020, 10:11:29 PM »

Moseley Folk Festival now confirmed as cancelled. I think Wickham is the only festival I know not cancelled yet  Sad
Andy
Global Moderator

« Reply #430 on: June 29, 2020, 07:50:15 AM »

New Forest ff remains uncanceled.

DawnG

« Reply #431 on: July 01, 2020, 08:08:07 PM »

just seen on twitter that Wickham have cancelled
Andy
Global Moderator

« Reply #432 on: July 01, 2020, 08:16:21 PM »

Inevitable.

Albie
or tea, if that is your cup of tea
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #433 on: July 01, 2020, 08:35:53 PM »

I think Wickham is the only festival I know not cancelled yet  Sad

The re-arranged Bearded Theory has not yet canceled, a final decision will be made at the end of this month, but they say it is highly unlikely it will go ahead. They are waiting to officially cancel because they would like to be able to announce at the same time whether next years can go ahead, and on what dates.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #434 on: July 02, 2020, 01:51:20 AM »

Austin City Limits Festival set for two weekends in October was officially cancelled today. No effect on me, personally, since I'm generally unfamiliar with the acts they've been booking lately. Our last visit to the ACL Fest featured Sir Paul a few years back. Since then, it's been Guns 'N Roses and people I've barely heard of, such as the WeekND and Billie Eilish (I'm not going to bother verifying the spelling).

I had no idea this festival was even still on the calendar. Austin cancelled SXSW, our other huge annual event, back in March. Since then we've made no progress containing the spread of COVID-19 in this state. Mrs. J From A and I are doing our part, but it seems a lot of folks haven't been. No festivals for the rest of this year, and probably no spectator sports.
JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #435 on: July 02, 2020, 09:30:37 AM »

We saw some scenes from Austin on our tv news during the week, similar to here lately people deciding to group together too close, some wear masks, others don't  Sad  There looked to be some angry anti mask wearers John? Maybe the future of festivals will become like transport travel, masks will have to be worn, although it is said the outdoors is a safer environment for the virus not to spread. Beer drinking and eating food at festivals may prove to be rather difficult.  Wink

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Austin

« Reply #436 on: July 02, 2020, 05:35:27 PM »

We saw some scenes from Austin on our tv news during the week, similar to here lately people deciding to group together too close, some wear masks, others don't  Sad  There looked to be some angry anti mask wearers John? Maybe the future of festivals will become like transport travel, masks will have to be worn, although it is said the outdoors is a safer environment for the virus not to spread. Beer drinking and eating food at festivals may prove to be rather difficult.  Wink

I read about all the bad behavior, but I'm not really witnessing it in my pleasant suburban neighborhood. I'm working at home and not venturing downtown, let alone to any clubs or bars.
dog-nap (Ian)
Now you've made me peckish

« Reply #437 on: July 11, 2020, 03:44:32 PM »

Folk by the Oak have announced the line-up for their online festival next weekend.  Richard Thompson headlines.
https://www.folkbytheoak.com/about/familynestfest/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Nest%20Fest%20Final%20Line-up&utm_content=Nest%20Fest%20Final%20Line-up+CID_886ae59935df2ce90cdd3585e80a523d&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software&utm_term=wwwfolkbytheoakcom
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #438 on: August 31, 2020, 04:50:59 PM »

Festivals 2020 stylie https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/aug/31/also-britains-only-festival-warwickshire-covid-19

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #439 on: September 10, 2020, 08:33:34 PM »

The Larmer Tree Festival have cancelled 2021 too.  Still hoping to return in 2022.  It will be interesting to see if this is something repeated by others...

https://twitter.com/LarmerTreeFest/status/1304011846643519488

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: