TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
February 28, 2021, 07:53:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 cancellations and confirmations  (Read 2413 times)
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2021, 09:55:06 AM »

The Who tour. Cancelled and not rescheduled.

Sad

The Monkees moved their spring 2021 tour (originally moved from spring 2020) to fall 2021, and cancelled the Austin show at ACL Live, pending location of a new venue. Fingers crossed they come up with something. Mike and Mickey aren't spring chickens and I don't know how many more chances I'm going to get here.
I didn't know they were still touring! I wish I'd seen them when they all toured over here about 10+ (?) years ago.

It was 10 years ago.  I too am annoyed I didn't see them then...

I saw Peter's band around then and he was superb.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2021, 01:04:41 PM »

Fairport, Tenbury Wells, rescheduled to 24th October. Fingers crossed. My longest gap between their gigs in over 50 years Smiley

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2021, 02:08:57 PM »

Fairport, Tenbury Wells, rescheduled to 24th October. Fingers crossed. My longest gap between their gigs in over 50 years Smiley

When was the last one you saw, Ian?

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
quodlibet (Ian)
Squeeze it, Eliseao
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hereford. UK

In nīz bogzarad

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2021, 05:05:02 PM »

When was the last one you saw, Ian?

Like many of us, Cropredy '19.

A Brittunculus is not such a bad thing to be.
Martin F

Loc: Bicester

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2021, 09:27:36 PM »

It looks as if the Reading and Leeds festivals are (all things being equal...) due to go ahead at the end of August. Not folk, but they are sizeable gatherings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56185142

Latitude too - Also run by Festival Republic.

Do androids dream of electric sheep?
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2021, 08:12:05 AM »

Green Man is making very positive noises too.  It's good, of course, but I'm really struggling to understand how these could actually function (particularly the ones with tented 'other' stage areas.)

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2021, 02:56:39 PM »

It's a festival ticket sale bonanza....apparently. https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/feb/26/festivals-selling-out-end-england-lockdown-announced-covid

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2021, 05:06:47 PM »

And....

A very positive newsletter from Gareth about Cropredy has just been received:

We are writing to you with news about Fairport’s Cropredy Convention 2021.

Following PM Boris Johnson laying out a four-step plan for easing restrictions by midsummer, we can at last give you an update on Cropredy.

If Covid-19 is under control it is hoped that large outdoor events can take place this summer so we are cautiously optimistic our festival will be staged, as planned, over the weekend of 12-14 August 2021.

There are still a number of factors to consider of course. Firstly, the four steps are entirely dependent on getting the coronavirus under control in the UK. Secondly, we remain anxious (as do all festivals) that we are still unable take out cancellation insurance that covers Covid-19. However, the festival industry is actively lobbying the government for help in underwriting this. Hopefully we’ll have some good news in the Chancellor’s budget report next week.

The government has said that 21 June is the earliest date that restrictions will be completely lifted. As Cropredy’s dates are later in the festival season, there is every reason to hope that we can all look forward to meeting in the field in August.

Safety is our first consideration (in fact, it was the main reason we postponed back in April 2020), so there may be some mitigation measures in place and we will be liaising with the responsible authorities throughout the summer in the build-up to the festival to make Cropredy as safe as possible for our festival-goers, staff, artists and local residents.

As far as planning the festival goes, we haven't taken our foot off the pedal in our preparations for August and we remain committed to presenting a wonderful weekend of music. The fabulous line-up remains unchanged and 2020 tickets will be valid for 2021.

This has been a unique twelve months by any standards. Our hearts go out to our friends in the extended Fairport family who have lost someone close and we shall remember those who are no longer with us when we meet again in that very special field.

We look to sharing a weekend in the country with you all in August. Meanwhile take care and stay safe.

Very best wishes from Gareth and all of us at Team Cropredy!

Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2021, 07:09:11 PM »

And....

A very positive newsletter from Gareth about Cropredy has just been received:

We are writing to you with news about Fairport’s Cropredy Convention 2021.

Following PM Boris Johnson laying out a four-step plan for easing restrictions by midsummer, we can at last give you an update on Cropredy.

If Covid-19 is under control it is hoped that large outdoor events can take place this summer so we are cautiously optimistic our festival will be staged, as planned, over the weekend of 12-14 August 2021.

There are still a number of factors to consider of course. Firstly, the four steps are entirely dependent on getting the coronavirus under control in the UK. Secondly, we remain anxious (as do all festivals) that we are still unable take out cancellation insurance that covers Covid-19. However, the festival industry is actively lobbying the government for help in underwriting this. Hopefully we’ll have some good news in the Chancellor’s budget report next week.

The government has said that 21 June is the earliest date that restrictions will be completely lifted. As Cropredy’s dates are later in the festival season, there is every reason to hope that we can all look forward to meeting in the field in August.

Safety is our first consideration (in fact, it was the main reason we postponed back in April 2020), so there may be some mitigation measures in place and we will be liaising with the responsible authorities throughout the summer in the build-up to the festival to make Cropredy as safe as possible for our festival-goers, staff, artists and local residents.

As far as planning the festival goes, we haven't taken our foot off the pedal in our preparations for August and we remain committed to presenting a wonderful weekend of music. The fabulous line-up remains unchanged and 2020 tickets will be valid for 2021.

This has been a unique twelve months by any standards. Our hearts go out to our friends in the extended Fairport family who have lost someone close and we shall remember those who are no longer with us when we meet again in that very special field.

We look to sharing a weekend in the country with you all in August. Meanwhile take care and stay safe.

Very best wishes from Gareth and all of us at Team Cropredy!

Oh this is hopeful!

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2021, 10:25:47 PM »

I have fingers, toes, eyes, legs and everything crossed!  Smiley

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #30 on: Yesterday at 10:24:17 AM »

Strange that this newsletter has had a patchy distribution. Usually we get two of everything from the Office, but no sign of this missive in our mailbox. We aren't alone in this, I know.

Still, as I'd expect, optimism abounds. Good-oh.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

Lost in time like tears in the rain
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 11:16:36 AM »

Has anyone seen the new festival planned for Warwick Castle in July?- As You Like It - run by the Costa Del Folk team. Line up looks pretty good, and accommodation is within the castle not camping.
Can't see any prices yet though.
blagden
Money for
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: South God's Own Country

I am a rebel - whilst ever my wife will let me be!

« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 11:24:49 AM »

Has anyone seen the new festival planned for Warwick Castle in July?- As You Like It - run by the Costa Del Folk team. Line up looks pretty good, and accommodation is within the castle not camping.

Room Type   4nts B&B pp
Classic Double   £499
Classic Twin   £499
Classic Double Solo Occupancy   £679
Walton Hall Superior Room   £599
Walton Hall Suite   £689
One Bedroom Apartment (2 share) SOLD OUT     £599
Two Bedroom Apartment (3 share) 2 AVAILABLE   £629
Two Bedroom Apartment (4 share) 2 AVAILABLE   £599
Kevin M
Seems reasonable to me

Loc: Solihull

« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 11:28:21 AM »

Thanks - that could be the most expensive festival I've ever attended :-(
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #34 on: Yesterday at 12:26:00 PM »

Room Type   4nts B&B pp
Classic Double   £499
Classic Twin   £499
Walton Hall Suite   £689

Very tempted...  only 350 places available.

Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell are coming

« Reply #35 on: Yesterday at 12:37:39 PM »

Room Type   4nts B&B pp
Classic Double   £499
Classic Twin   £499
Walton Hall Suite   £689

So thats on top of the ticket price.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Field 7 is Heaven (Trev)
Field 7 deserter

Loc: Gogledd Cymru

I know where my towel is

« Reply #36 on: Yesterday at 01:33:09 PM »

Prices are per person...That's crazy , way out of my price range.
JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Local Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #37 on: Yesterday at 08:19:54 PM »

Feeling hopeful about Shrewsbury fest as we have tickets from last year...fingers crossed xx

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
Amethyst (Jenny)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #38 on: Today at 12:26:40 AM »

Room Type   4nts B&B pp
Classic Double   £499
Classic Twin   £499
Walton Hall Suite   £689

So thats on top of the ticket price.

Pretty sure that includes the festival price...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: