TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
October 22, 2018, 02:14:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy (Henry) Cow  (Read 1644 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« on: June 17, 2014, 08:32:41 PM »

I thought one or two might be interested to read this news...Henry Cow reforming for tribute to Lindsay Cooper  Shocked Smiley

http://www.serious.org.uk/events/info/henry-cow-music-for-films-news-from-babel-and-oh-moscow-play-the-music-of-l?fb_action_ids=744591302230866&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=.U6BUIyuQRDg.like

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 10:46:09 AM »

Quite ridiculous, but after not thinking I'd be able to go due to another commitment I now find I can indeed go and, well, you can guess the rest....I've left it too late.

If anybody hears of a ticket for Huddersfield
http://www.hcmf.co.uk/Four-legendary-bands-celebrate-the-life-and-work-of-Lindsay-Cooper
can you let me know please.

Ta.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Global Moderator

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 10:50:10 AM »

I might have a London ticket available - let me know if you can/want to make it down....

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 11:16:29 AM »

I might have a London ticket available - let me know if you can/want to make it down....

Thanks Chris, that's kind of you...there are tickets for London available on Scarlet Mist too...but sadly it has to be Huddersfield for me.  Grrrrrrr.

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 10:23:46 AM »

This looks rather wonderful

LINDSAY COOPER SONGBOOK (CHRIS CUTLER / JOHN GREAVES / YUMI HARA / CHL÷E HERINGTON / TIM HODGKINSON / DAGMAR KRAUSE)

https://www.cafeoto.co.uk/events/lindsay-cooper-songbook/

Jim G
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Bridport ,Dorset

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 03:34:31 PM »

That looks like my sort of gig. Doubt I will be able to make the London gig.   I can't find any other Uk dates although they seem to be playing the Zappanale Festival in July in Germany.

I am very fond of Dagmar Krause and Peter Blegvad's work - just topped up my Slapp Happy collection last month with their debut album "Sort Of".  all good stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: