TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:59:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 109   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairport Chatter  (Read 1085163 times)
Adam
I'm looking at you, Cool Cat!
Folkcorp Guru

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1420 on: August 14, 2020, 05:40:29 PM »

I know it’s been signposted a million times, but can someone direct me to the post on how to upload photos? (Apols for being a Luddite!)
Cheers
Adam

Click on additional options (bottom left below this box - when you post/reply).  Click attach.  Click Post.

Thanks David!
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1421 on: August 16, 2020, 10:32:27 AM »

Somewhat coincidentally, give the date yesterday, I stumbled upon some live recordings yesterday (discs purchased a long time ago - I know, I know - from someone who used to be around these parts and who always claimed they were sold with the authority and knowledge of 'one (ex) of the band'.  I'm fairly sure they weren't.).

Anyway, are all of these widely circulated - I've not spent a lot of time in the company of collectors in the last decade or so?

FC unless stated: Cropredy '91 complete; Theatre Royal, Drury Lane 29 May 77; Amazing Grace Chicago 5 Sep 75 Late Show 2 CD; Amazing Grace Chicago 5 Sep 75 Early Show 1 CD; Lone Star Cafe NYC 23 Jul 84 Early and Late shows (Swarb, Peggy, Simon, DM); Cropredy 85 complete (full performances Fri and Sat); Lone Star Cafe NYC 22 Jul 84 Early and Late Shows; Mill Warm up 1991 2CD; Cropredy 82 Babbacombe Lee; Albion Band Impreial Ground Exmouth 27 May 79 (Ashley, Barry Dransfield, Melanie Harrold , DM, Doug Morter, Andy Roberts, Martin Simpson); Albion Country Band (The Howff, Chalk Farm, 29 Dec 72 (Ashley, RT, Simon, Linda P, Roger Swallow w Shirley Collins); Albion Country Band (Kudos, Kew Bridge 23rd Aug 72 (+ Top Gear session Jun/Jul 72) (Ashley, Simon, DM, Royston Wood, Steve Ashley, Sue Draheim); Albion Country Band LSE 14 Oct 72 (Ashley, Simon, DM, Royston Wood, Steve Ashley, Sue Draheim); Ultrasonic Studios 72 (Swarb, Pegg, Roger Hill, Tom Farnell) 2 CD

Anyway, a nice little collection...been playing loads.  

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1422 on: August 16, 2020, 01:01:34 PM »

Incidentally, I've also (re-)discovered a Solid Silver Fairport badge.  Advertised in the Cropredy programme of (I think) '84, (p.34 of which I've got a photocopy of the page, alongside the famed scanty panties at £1 a pair) this was priced at £12 at the time (£36 at todays money - "..."or for those with slightly more expensive tastes") and was made by Steve Link of Link & Jackson, Vyse Street, Brum.

Drop me a line if anyone is interested in it before I shove it up on Fleabay.

[Incidentally, if anyone could check their Cropredy programmes and confirm whether it is '84, that would be much appreciated...it's p.34]

* IMG_20200816_124953947.jpg (1270.19 KB, 4096x3072 - viewed 1158 times.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 01:14:21 PM by davidmjs » Logged

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Bridgwit (Bridget)
I had a feeling there would be stripping involved
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #1423 on: August 16, 2020, 01:02:59 PM »

Incidentally, I've also (re-)discovered a Solid Silver Fairport badge.  Advertised in the Cropredy programme of (I think) '84, (p.34 of which I've got a photocopy of the page, alongside the famed scanty panties at £1 a pair) this was priced at £12 at the time (£36 at todays money - "..."or for those with slightly more expensive tastes") and was made by Steve Link of Link & Jackson, Vyse Street, Brum.

Don’t you want it David? It can’t be taking up much room....

Never look down on anyone
Unless you're helping them up
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1424 on: August 16, 2020, 01:09:08 PM »

It doesn't really fit my collecting policy - one has to sell to accumulate, Bridget.  Then again I've had it nearly forty years, I'll probably be buried with it  Grin

Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1425 on: August 16, 2020, 01:13:55 PM »

It doesn't really fit my collecting policy - one has to sell to accumulate, Bridget.  Then again I've had it nearly forty years, I'll probably be buried with it  Grin
That would confuse archaeologists of the future!  

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1426 on: August 16, 2020, 01:14:53 PM »

That would confuse archaeologists of the future!  

Ha!  Got to be worth it, then...

bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #1427 on: August 16, 2020, 01:32:13 PM »

Somewhat coincidentally, give the date yesterday, I stumbled upon some live recordings yesterday (discs purchased a long time ago - I know, I know - from someone who used to be around these parts and who always claimed they were sold with the authority and knowledge of 'one (ex) of the band'.  I'm fairly sure they weren't.).

Anyway, are all of these widely circulated - I've not spent a lot of time in the company of collectors in the last decade or so?

FC unless stated: Cropredy '91 complete; Theatre Royal, Drury Lane 29 May 77; Amazing Grace Chicago 5 Sep 75 Late Show 2 CD; Amazing Grace Chicago 5 Sep 75 Early Show 1 CD; Lone Star Cafe NYC 23 Jul 84 Early and Late shows (Swarb, Peggy, Simon, DM); Cropredy 85 complete (full performances Fri and Sat); Lone Star Cafe NYC 22 Jul 84 Early and Late Shows; Mill Warm up 1991 2CD; Cropredy 82 Babbacombe Lee; Albion Band Impreial Ground Exmouth 27 May 79 (Ashley, Barry Dransfield, Melanie Harrold , DM, Doug Morter, Andy Roberts, Martin Simpson); Albion Country Band (The Howff, Chalk Farm, 29 Dec 72 (Ashley, RT, Simon, Linda P, Roger Swallow w Shirley Collins); Albion Country Band (Kudos, Kew Bridge 23rd Aug 72 (+ Top Gear session Jun/Jul 72) (Ashley, Simon, DM, Royston Wood, Steve Ashley, Sue Draheim); Albion Country Band LSE 14 Oct 72 (Ashley, Simon, DM, Royston Wood, Steve Ashley, Sue Draheim); Ultrasonic Studios 72 (Swarb, Pegg, Roger Hill, Tom Farnell) 2 CD

I certainly have a bunch of them..there might be some Albion ones I don't have, and I'm maybe missing a couple of the F.C ones.

Well I never did..
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #1428 on: August 16, 2020, 02:07:43 PM »

I wonder if those scanty panties could be repurposed as a face mask...

Flobbadob!
StephenGiles
much grovelling in the attic

« Reply #1429 on: August 17, 2020, 09:09:24 PM »

I certainly have a bunch of them..there might be some Albion ones I don't have, and I'm maybe missing a couple of the F.C ones.

Yes, most circulated in varying degrees of copiedness (!!)
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1430 on: August 17, 2020, 11:41:52 PM »

I wonder if those scanty panties could be repurposed as a face mask...
There are a number of YouTube videos showing you how to repurpose various items of underwear into face masks!

StephenB
something about the grinding beat
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Blackpudlian exiled in Ireland

An Sasanach is fearr in Eirinn

« Reply #1431 on: August 17, 2020, 11:50:10 PM »

Clean ones, I'm presuming?

One boxing match - what's that? A bout?
Bridgwit (Bridget)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1432 on: August 18, 2020, 09:24:10 AM »

I would hope so  Shocked  Shocked

iandiddams

« Reply #1433 on: August 18, 2020, 10:47:41 AM »

I would hope so  Shocked  Shocked

where's the fun in that?

didds
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #1434 on: August 19, 2020, 03:37:59 PM »

Watching  Guy Pratt’s latest. Episode of Lockdown licks he tells about how he “borrowed” Peggy’s bass to play on Kirsty McColl’s “ Walking down Maddison” 😂
You tube, look for lockdown licks no 14

The Dude abides
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #1435 on: August 19, 2020, 11:19:02 PM »

Watching  Guy Pratt’s latest. Episode of Lockdown licks he tells about how he “borrowed” Peggy’s bass to play on Kirsty McColl’s “ Walking down Maddison” 😂
You tube, look for lockdown licks no 14

Just pulled out my cassette of Electric Landlady and found the photo in question! Very funny story

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1436 on: September 09, 2020, 03:29:51 PM »

Just announced -Jools Holland Presents A Concert For CCT Churches. Fairport is a part of the program. Details here-

https://www.visitchurches.org.uk/what-s-on/jools-holland-presents.html?fbclid=IwAR024R3YbqYqc8RrH9CYfQYkMmiqA7lA9Re2dP8o25yULm6WEje0JVHELYc

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1437 on: September 09, 2020, 03:36:30 PM »

Just announced -Jools Holland Presents A Concert For CCT Churches. Fairport is a part of the program. Details here-

https://www.visitchurches.org.uk/what-s-on/jools-holland-presents.html?fbclid=IwAR024R3YbqYqc8RrH9CYfQYkMmiqA7lA9Re2dP8o25yULm6WEje0JVHELYc

Soft rock fans of the world rejoice  Wink Grin

RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1438 on: September 09, 2020, 03:41:07 PM »

Soft rock fans of the world rejoice  Wink Grin

Yeah, definitely not the best copy I've ever read, but an interesting program I'll try to catch nevertheless

Phil Perry
sufficiently persuaded

Loc: Hertfordshire

« Reply #1439 on: September 17, 2020, 03:22:57 PM »

I am reliably informed that Fairport & Lindisfarne were covered in yesterday's edition of Pointless. Watch this space until I catch up with Catchup  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 109   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: