TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
November 13, 2018, 09:28:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Soundtrack Of A Photograph Blog  (Read 77720 times)
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #260 on: July 11, 2018, 06:11:29 PM »

Gotta get some new digs first  Wink But even if its not Cropredy, I'd love to just get on a plane to England and Ireland regardless!

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #261 on: August 15, 2018, 05:08:28 PM »

Last month I saw a band, and especially a singer that completely floored me-Jules & The Jinks. Here's a little piece I wrote about them. This woman can SING and has great stage presence. Have a look-

https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2018/08/13/where-do-we-go-from-here/

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #262 on: September 05, 2018, 02:23:54 PM »

Alright-having moved and spent much of August in hibernation due to it being so hot and miserable, its time to get going with my 50 Things@50 Bucket List again. I crossed off two on Sunday. Have a look and hear my favorite driving song of all time-Pure Prairie League's Falling In And Out Of Love/Amie. Essential road trip listening!

https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2018/09/04/50-things-50-37-46/

Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #263 on: September 05, 2018, 05:37:04 PM »

Alright-having moved and spent much of August in hibernation due to it being so hot and miserable, its time to get going with my 50 Things@50 Bucket List again. I crossed off two on Sunday. Have a look and hear my favorite driving song of all time-Pure Prairie League's Falling In And Out Of Love/Amie. Essential road trip listening!

I love that second PPL album, and that pair of songs is great.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #264 on: September 05, 2018, 09:11:22 PM »

I love that second PPL album, and that pair of songs is great.

Jules

Yes-great album, that is the highlight. I've heard that song played everywhere and to all age groups. Everyone seems to know it, and everyone joins in on the chorus. I could never bother with the Vince Gill PPL however. It was all about Craig Fuller.

Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #265 on: September 05, 2018, 09:23:49 PM »

Yes-great album, that is the highlight. I've heard that song played everywhere and to all age groups. Everyone seems to know it, and everyone joins in on the chorus. I could never bother with the Vince Gill PPL however. It was all about Craig Fuller.

Same.  He took all the magic with him.

I don't think those songs are so well known over here.

Interesting fact: Mick Ronson did the string arrangements for two tracks on Bustin' Out.

I'd better go and actually read your blog now.  Where's me specs....?

Jules

Jules Gray
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #266 on: September 05, 2018, 10:15:32 PM »

I enjoyed that, Robert.  I could feel the thrill as you put the pedal to the metal.

Jules

John From Austin
Donovan is my new texting buddy
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Austin

« Reply #267 on: September 05, 2018, 11:28:02 PM »

Amie is a fun guitar song - I found a tutorial on Youtube last year that taught me the chords (A, G, D, C, E and Bm is basically it, and you can use a capo to suit your vocal range) and also a new way of approaching lead guitar (treating chord changes like key changes for the leads, and sliding back and forth between the "keys" with the changing chords) that was a revelation for this ameteur.
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #268 on: September 06, 2018, 04:51:23 AM »

I enjoyed that, Robert.  I could feel the thrill as you put the pedal to the metal.

Jules

Thanks on both counts Jules. It was exhilarating. I'm trying to challenge myself more in light of recent events in my life more. Just to go for it and deal with the consequences afterwords. This has had satisfying results at work dealing with a difficult co-worker for example. In the past I'd meekly respond to something like that. Now its different. As to PPL, I had no idea those two songs were not known everywhere...so that is a surprise! I did know about Mick Ronson however. I've always been an admirer of Craig Fuller. He doesn't get enough notice in my book. Thanks! And well done John!!!

RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #269 on: September 28, 2018, 11:37:09 AM »

Another 50 Things @ 50 bucket list item crossed off the list-go bird watching. Read on-

https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2018/09/27/50-things-50-number-25/

RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #270 on: October 03, 2018, 11:46:42 AM »

Sometimes a song doesn't hit you until it is the right time. So here is a post about 'The Right Time' featuring a song by Scissor Sisters.

https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2018/10/02/the-right-time/

RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #271 on: October 16, 2018, 02:03:57 PM »

No, not a new post, but just wanted to mention that I will be celebrating my fifth year of Soundtrack Of A Photograph all this month, leading up to the actual anniversary on November 14th with a look back at some of my favorite posts. I cannot believe it has actually been five years since I nervously posted that first one late one night thinking it might be nice if a few people read it. Five years later and it has been read in over 120 countries, has made me lifelong friends, and most importantly-pushed me towards things I always wanted to be yet never dreamed I would be-a writer and photographer finding my own (hopefully) unique voice. I have so many of you here to thank for your support, so I want you all to be a part of the celebration. So join me on both my Facebook page, or my regular FB, on Twitter and on Instagram for a look back as I prepare to look forward. Cheers all

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: