TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
December 10, 2018, 09:53:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Soundtrack Of A Photograph Blog  (Read 80743 times)
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #240 on: April 21, 2018, 02:34:18 PM »

After 6 weeks or so away from writing, or thinking about writing, I am ready again. I realized I wasn’t being myself. So this is a bit of a refocus. Plus it features a song by Maddy Prior. How on earth have I not written about her before!

https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2018/04/20/spring-the-return/

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #241 on: May 03, 2018, 01:48:34 PM »

I love old vintage signs painted on buildings. In this post I write about them along with a country song by BR549 about...a punk rocker
https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2018/05/02/signs/

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2018, 11:52:41 AM »

A random discussion with a fellow blogger prompted this post featuring an instrumental by Bruce Cockburn.
https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2018/05/17/storms/

RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #243 on: June 13, 2018, 11:37:38 AM »

The events written about in this post could easily be  a Thumbs up today post. The reality in writing them could be a Thumbs down post. Perhaps that is why I had to get the words out on some level. I had an idea while I was in Paris for a post explaining how music bounces around in my head. One day something folky, the next day classic soul, an hour later Johnny Cash....that sort of thing. I used some of my musical experiences on the trip, which culminated in meeting Dan of this very parish and people very close to my heart-The Mint Juleps.

https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2018/06/12/the-music-in-my-head/

Now the trickiest bit of all to admit. It might seem odd coming back from an overseas trip like that, but the tensions and emotions were present beforehand for my wife and I. We had a good trip in all honesty, but upon our return, we have decided to separate. On some levels its not a surprise. I'm equal parts numb, sad, angry, relieved, feel like a failure, all before much has happened yet. We are civil to one another, but its just an odd feeling. I'll be moving out as soon as possible and off to some new adventures undoubtedly. I am a positive person though, and with the help of my therapist and a lot of great family and friends, I will get through this. Much love to anyone who reads this.

Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #244 on: June 13, 2018, 12:31:20 PM »

The events written about in this post could easily be  a Thumbs up today post. The reality in writing them could be a Thumbs down post. Perhaps that is why I had to get the words out on some level. I had an idea while I was in Paris for a post explaining how music bounces around in my head. One day something folky, the next day classic soul, an hour later Johnny Cash....that sort of thing. I used some of my musical experiences on the trip, which culminated in meeting Dan of this very parish and people very close to my heart-The Mint Juleps.

https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2018/06/12/the-music-in-my-head/

Now the trickiest bit of all to admit. It might seem odd coming back from an overseas trip like that, but the tensions and emotions were present beforehand for my wife and I. We had a good trip in all honesty, but upon our return, we have decided to separate. On some levels its not a surprise. I'm equal parts numb, sad, angry, relieved, feel like a failure, all before much has happened yet. We are civil to one another, but its just an odd feeling. I'll be moving out as soon as possible and off to some new adventures undoubtedly. I am a positive person though, and with the help of my therapist and a lot of great family and friends, I will get through this. Much love to anyone who reads this.

I'm sad to read this, i know all couples have their troubles but I do hope it can be sorted out amicably.

The Dude abides
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #245 on: June 13, 2018, 02:12:38 PM »

Thanks Jim-we are determined to do that. Its a little tenuous and weird right now, but with time I hope things work out okay in the end. We do really care for each other, its just been a gradual drifting away.

Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #246 on: June 13, 2018, 02:53:08 PM »

Much love to you, Robert.  Very sad to read this.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #247 on: June 13, 2018, 05:14:37 PM »

Many thanks Jules. I'm sad but coping thus far. One day at a time.

GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #248 on: June 13, 2018, 07:11:50 PM »

Oh Robert. I have no words. You guys have been through so much together.

Sending you whatever strength is possible from 3000 miles away.
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #249 on: June 13, 2018, 07:46:07 PM »

Thanks very much Al. We have and I suppose this is another chapter in that story, but we are determined to get through it with love and respect. Its one of those everyone is right and no one is wrong situations now, and its been that way for awhile. I am sad, but also trying to be strong and move forward. I appreciate all the good thoughts

Bridgwit (Bridget)
I hope nobody thought they were MY sideburns
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #250 on: June 13, 2018, 08:53:22 PM »

Very sorry to hear that Robert. Even if it's amicable there is always a whole range of emotions to deal with. Hugs and strength, and remember a good night's sleep can help enormously xx

Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am!
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #251 on: June 13, 2018, 10:10:55 PM »

Thanks Bridget. Condolences and thoughts for the loss of your friend first off. We actually made the decision just after we got back which is now almost 2 weeks ago. But I spent the first week very restless and emotional. I was drained by last Friday and still had to summon the strength to leave work at 6 and take the train up to my parents to tell them in person, which I really felt the need to do. After I had done that, I crashed at my sister's place while she was away and spent almost the entire weekend sleeping. Which really did make a huge difference and I feel a lot better this week as a result.

Bridgwit (Bridget)
I hope nobody thought they were MY sideburns
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: South Wales

« Reply #252 on: June 14, 2018, 01:28:24 AM »

Thanks Bridget. Condolences and thoughts for the loss of your friend first off. We actually made the decision just after we got back which is now almost 2 weeks ago. But I spent the first week very restless and emotional. I was drained by last Friday and still had to summon the strength to leave work at 6 and take the train up to my parents to tell them in person, which I really felt the need to do. After I had done that, I crashed at my sister's place while she was away and spent almost the entire weekend sleeping. Which really did make a huge difference and I feel a lot better this week as a result.
Good. You know you can always come on TAW and be assured of an ear  Smiley

Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am!
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #253 on: June 14, 2018, 08:45:52 AM »

So sorry to hear your news Robert.
Sending hugs from over the ocean.

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
Will S
A twinset of librarians
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: near Aldbrickham, in the Royal County

« Reply #254 on: June 14, 2018, 11:25:05 AM »

Yeah, really sorry to hear that, Robert.  More virtual hugs from me too.

All the diamonds in the world
That mean anything to me,
Are conjured up by wind and sunlight
Sparkling on the sea
(Bruce Cockburn)
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #255 on: June 14, 2018, 11:36:29 AM »

Bridget, Bill, & Will thanks very much. Appreciate  Smiley

Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #256 on: June 19, 2018, 11:25:59 AM »

Robert: Late reading this, however, I do hope things work out and something good comes out of it.
RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #257 on: June 19, 2018, 03:07:22 PM »

Thanks Alan. Appreciated

RobertD
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #258 on: July 11, 2018, 02:18:15 PM »

Presenting a new corner of my blog-50 Things @ 50. I made a bucket list of 50 things I would like to do before my next birthday. Some are pretty straightforward, some are local places I shockingly have never been too before, some involve adventure, most involve friends. I'll be writing about each one as I cross them off the list. With other events in my life, I wanted to turn things around somewhat and this seemed like a great way to do it on this special day.

https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2018/07/11/50-things-50/

Amethyst (Jenny)
Did I just say that, out loud?
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Jenny. One breath of the sea..

« Reply #259 on: July 11, 2018, 05:49:58 PM »

Presenting a new corner of my blog-50 Things @ 50. I made a bucket list of 50 things I would like to do before my next birthday. Some are pretty straightforward, some are local places I shockingly have never been too before, some involve adventure, most involve friends. I'll be writing about each one as I cross them off the list. With other events in my life, I wanted to turn things around somewhat and this seemed like a great way to do it on this special day.

https://robpatdoy.wordpress.com/2018/07/11/50-things-50/

Sounds like a fab idea...  you should include another trip to Crop though too.

Farnsfield Acoustic ... Notts
Thank you to everyone that has ever been to a FarnsAc gig, and to all our wonderful performers since 2005
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: