TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:36:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Owl Service Return  (Read 46720 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 12:42:06 PM »

I wonder if Nancy will stay around.

Finger's crossed  Smiley  Wish I could make both events, but I can't and I'm arguably more musically attuned to the latter anyway.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 08:36:28 AM »

Just for the record (and because it hasn't been made explicit on the advertising to date I don't think) I checked with Steven and the gig will be wrapped up by 7pm...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Anne Dunn
Gr...Annie
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Royston

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2014, 08:52:42 AM »

Now that makes it very appealing - easier to get home  Smiley

Learn From the Past, Live in the Present, Create the Future
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2014, 09:06:13 AM »

Indeed, the poster does say "An afternoon of....", so I guess we ought to have worked that out. Could still be jolly chilly.....

Greg E

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2014, 07:50:25 PM »

The EP is available to download today at any price you choose (including free).

I think its only available like this today, given its Halloween and all that.

http://theowlservice.bandcamp.com/album/three-inverted-nines-songs-for-halloween-2014
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 08:44:35 PM »

I really like this ep.  Sistinas is the real gem (by a country mile), Come Back gets close, but it's all enjoyable.

mickf
I'm old enough to have been one!
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Blackwood, South Wales

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2014, 10:47:20 AM »

The Owl Service have completely passed me by until now. I've just downloaded the latest CD. Excellent. I love discovering new stuff. Smiley

If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2014, 08:29:46 PM »

There's a tiny second pressing of the ep if anybody wants it on disc: https://theowlservice.bandcamp.com/album/three-inverted-nines-halloween-2014-second-pressing

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2015, 08:20:10 PM »

Well I really enjoyed the Alan Lomax show, although in truth it was a bonkers venue for a show in January.  I bailed out before Plinth.  Never has a bus seemed so welcome.  A truly great venue for a June gig.  Outstanding performances all round but special mentions to Nancy Wallace and Long Pike Hollow.  Nothing I didn't like although I don't think the Lost Harbours set quite worked.

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2015, 09:21:54 PM »

And the band are looking for subscribers to support the production of their new album.  More details here:

https://theowlservice.bandcamp.com/subscribe

dog-nap (Ian)
Now you've made me peckish

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2015, 01:27:35 AM »

Owl Service have posted a couple of Nancy Wallace songs from the Lomax show on their Facebook page.  Lovely stuff, though she looks absolutely frozen.
https://www.facebook.com/thepatternbeneaththeplough

You can also listen to (and buy) Owl Service’s gig cd.  Quite a change of direction
https://theowlservice.bandcamp.com/album/jean-22-46
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2015, 09:16:17 PM »

They're looking for a drummer.  From FB:

We're looking ahead to possibly playing some shows once the new record is finished, so we'd like to recruit a drummer. Ideally you'll be into Brendan Canty, Britt Walford and Todd Trainer, although that's not essential. Perhaps you'll also like the idea of taking traditional English folksong and doing something different/unique with it, but again that's not essential. What is essential is that you're a nice guy/gal, are a solid player, not afraid to take risks, and able to rehearse somewhere between East London and Southend on a weekly basis.
If you fancy it get in touch. Or if you know anyone who might be interested tell them to get in touch.
Thank you,
Steven Owl

Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2015, 10:34:53 AM »

I wish that they would have Bill Caddick back. he lives near me and I asked him once why he wasn't back with them. They've never asked me he said. Sad

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2015, 11:11:52 AM »

I wish that they would have Bill Caddick back. he lives near me and I asked him once why he wasn't back with them. They've never asked me he said. Sad

I imagine the rehearsing between East London and Southend bit probably explains that!

MikeB (Mike)
never singing Cousin Jack again
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Edinburgh again

The world is not my home, I'm just passing through

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2015, 11:59:50 AM »

Shurely some mistake? Are you thinking of the Home Service rather than the Owl Service?
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2015, 12:07:18 PM »

Shurely some mistake? Are you thinking of the Home Service rather than the Owl Service?

That probably explains it even more...  Wink

Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2015, 01:49:28 PM »

durrr yes LOL

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
Nick
Calendar Boy
Administrator

Loc: South Oxon

Block and Chip

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2015, 05:05:58 PM »

The world needs a collaboration, called The Home Owl Service.

You've got questions, we've got assumptions
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2015, 05:47:20 PM »

The new CD's out soon...but if you want a lovely vinyl copy you best pledge pretty soon...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/theowlservice/his-pride-no-spear-no-friend-vinyl-pressing

DaviD J (was geriatrix)

Loc: Bucks

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2015, 09:19:56 PM »

Gorgeous 40+ track collection here http://theowlservice.bandcamp.com/album/collected-tracks

Digital download - name your price - well worth getting!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: