TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:26:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tour 2014  (Read 42300 times)
John Beresford
Relying on Welsh wisdom
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Manchester, UK

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 11:21:24 PM »

Glasgow and Cork venues added to list.

Venue box office numbers and websites now on Ralph's website.

John B

Eternity lies waiting where imagination and reality collide.
John Beresford
Relying on Welsh wisdom
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2014, 03:42:21 PM »

Message from Leola:

We are delighted to announce that tickets for Ralph’s 70th Birthday celebration concert on the 7th December 2014 at Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, will go on sale this Monday the 3rd of March.

As you know, Ralph will not be doing his usual tour this year, and he has made the decision to reduce his touring commitments from now on, so this will be a very special show.

Tickets for the birthday concert will be available to buy online and by phone through See Tickets.

We do hope you will be able to make this very special evening and share the celebration with Ralph.

Leola Music Ltd

John B

John Beresford
Relying on Welsh wisdom
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 11:31:33 AM »

Tickets for Ralph's 70th gig are now on the SeeTickets website. It offers you the 'best' available seats.  There is a seating plan on the ticket page, so if you want different seats to those offered online, phone 0871 297 0777 and ask.

If the website (and phone call) can be believed, the tickets are selling like hot... well, tickets. Good luck and see you there!

John B

philca
n3wb

Loc: Doncaster

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 12:07:29 PM »

I can't believe my luck......

I had a front row seat for Ralph's 60th at the Royal Festival Hall, and I've managed to get a front row seat for his 70th!

After the initial jitters on the See Tickets website, I spoke to Kieran in the ticket office who couldn't have been more helpful.

Cool Cat
ANONYMOUS MEMBER

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 12:40:44 PM »

Tickets for Ralph's 70th gig are now on the SeeTickets website. It offers you the 'best' available seats.  There is a seating plan on the ticket page, so if you want different seats to those offered online, phone 0871 297 0777 and ask.

If the website (and phone call) can be believed, the tickets are selling like hot... well, tickets. Good luck and see you there!

Thanks, John, for giving us the phone number.  The tickets are rather (ahem!) expensive.  But, well worth it, I'm sure.
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2014, 01:52:35 PM »

Ouch - this'll be the dearest ticket I've ever bought for Ralph....and to cough up 6 months in advance too. Why not open booking closer to the event? Say, in another 3 months time?

John Beresford
Relying on Welsh wisdom
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2014, 04:38:38 PM »

It's nine months in advance, Chris. I was expecting £30, but the cheapest seat in the gods is £33. I was online and on the phone within minutes of them going on sale, and could not get anywhere near my preferred seating areas. I will be very annoyed - but not surprised - if they turn up on another ticketing website at inflated prices.

John B

delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2014, 06:14:36 PM »

Bother...same weekend as Butlins Undecided

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2014, 07:48:14 PM »

Bother...same weekend as Butlins Undecided

Surely, no contest?  Wink Roll Eyes

£40 plus booking fee, very expensive but worth it of course... Wink

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
Carol

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2014, 08:24:55 PM »

It will be well worth it I'm sure, especially if the 60th bash was anything to go by!  By far my most expensive Ralph ticket in 44 years of seeing him!

'Friday evening finds me in a favourite bar of mine'
Mark J Salt

Loc: Sea view from a mountain in North Wales

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2014, 11:11:32 AM »

Tickets arrived, Hotel Booked, Time off work sorted, just got to sort out train or coach later in the year (for a better price) and try not to get over excited. Roll on December.
Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 12:35:57 PM »

More tickets available for Thursday's gig at 'The Moon' with Danny Thompson! See you there!

http://www.musicglue.com/half-moon-putney/listings/

John Beresford
Relying on Welsh wisdom
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2014, 10:02:11 PM »

Well, wasn't that just the best folk club sing-along ever? Ralph and Danny played mostly mid-70s songs from their collaborative peak, and most of them had choruses or refrains that Ralph encouraged us to join in on. So we did. A great night in great company - JJ and Chris of this parish and friends from many years 'down the road'; and a natter with the Mays (and Eddie) afterwards. Splendid!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:57:52 PM by John Beresford » Logged

John B

JJ (Joanna)
safely sewn on
Global Moderator

Loc: Essex

nice McTell I'm wearin!

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2014, 10:03:46 AM »

Well, wasn't that just the best folk club sing-along ever? Ralph and Danny played mostly mid-70s songs from their collaborative peak, and most of them had choruses or refrains that Ralph encouraged us to join in on. So we did. A great night in great company - JJ and Chris of this parish and friends from many years 'down the road'; and a natter with the Mays (and Eddie) afterwards. Splendid!

Good to see you John. I stood at the back with Martin Driver as I managed to find the fireplace which elevated me a bit so for once, with a standing gig, I could actually see. It was a real birthday party wasn't it? Ralph relaxed, happy and in fine voice, such a lovely atmosphere, loved the sing- a -long. Eduardo was taking some good photos, wonder if they will appear on Ralph's website?

....may my love be your protector; and walk with you 'til next we meet
R.McTell - An Irish Blessing.
tryer

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2014, 08:18:02 AM »

An album released for Celtic Cousins Tour anyone have details?
John Beresford
Relying on Welsh wisdom
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2014, 06:26:13 PM »

The Celtic Cousins CD "..will be on sale at the shows, and will go on general release in June", according to The Herald, which reveals that it includes The Tangle O' The Isles.

The Western Morning News has some more track details:
The Mermaid and the Seagull
Cannabis Creek
From Clare To Here
The Islands

The article also mentions Canopus, which Ralph "...has been recording, ahead of the tour, at a little studio close to home to mark the centenary of the First World War," though I suspect this refers to another project to be released later in the year.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 07:02:20 PM by John Beresford » Logged

John B

Chris
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2014, 09:47:39 AM »

From this morning's Leola email.....

Dear Friends,
 It’s less than a week before Ralph heads out on the road again for his Celtic Cousins Tour.

We are delighted to announce another Irish date for the tour at the home of singer/ songwriter Jimmy MacCarthy in his Thomas Moore theatre. It is a real privilege to be the first artist other than Jimmy to perform here. The Thomas Moore theatre is an intimate 100 seat theatre. Click here to buy tickets for this very special show.

One date that will be a little different to the other concerts will be Ralph’s show at the Millenium Hall, Laugharne, which will see Ralph play songs and read poems from his Dylan Thomas Project, The Boy With a Note. Tickets for this show can be bought via our webshop.

We are also releasing a Celtic Cousins CD. This CD features a collection of some of Ralph’s Celtic themed songs.  This will be available to buy from the 30th of April from Ralph’s site and of course at all venues on the tour.

This summer Ralph will be playing the pre festival Thursday night at the Sidmouth Folk Festival on the 31st of July.

Tickets for Ralph’s 70th Birthday concert are selling fast, please do not delay in purchasing your tickets if you are thinking of attending.

John Beresford
Relying on Welsh wisdom
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2014, 06:51:58 PM »

Thanks, Chris. Gig list updated.

John B

delfini (Diane)
I've now got 3 pairs
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

.......watching feathers fall from angels....

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2014, 01:54:37 PM »

He's played a solo set when I've been there I'm sure.

Edit - Can't find anything to say he has, perhaps it was somewhere else I saw him but I can't think where.

Ralph did a set in 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kbaodyfk60&list=FLqL9QhdD8-dZLkmg8G8E7hw&index=55

Indeed he did  Grin

and all I really know is that kindness is better than any sort of terror, any kind of spite (Martyn Joseph)
John Beresford
Relying on Welsh wisdom
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2014, 12:19:17 PM »

Beryl at Leola has confirmed that the Celtic Cousins CD will be available to buy through the web shop once Ralph finishes his tour. The tour finishes on Friday... 

CD details:

Catalogue number: TPGCD36
Issued on: 30 April 2014 (at the Truro concert)

Track List:

Mermaid and the Seagull
Cannabis Creek
Break of the Union
Tangle of the Isles
The Islands
An Irish Blessing
The Setting
Mr Connaughton
From Clare to Here
The Grey Sea Strand
The Irish Girl
Wonderful Country
Nettle Wine

John B

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: