TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
December 10, 2018, 09:54:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The return of... King Crimson  (Read 4368 times)
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2013, 04:59:19 PM »

... and without and with Robert Fripp!  Roll Eyes

Said the straight man, to the late man...
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2013, 11:09:57 PM »

... and without and with Robert Fripp!  Roll Eyes

Which strangely (and somewhat bizarrely) seems less important somehow.  Discuss (or don't!).

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2013, 09:35:48 AM »

Whats all this with/without business? Is there a version of Crimson touring without Fripp but with Adrian Belew? Where's the 'confused' emoticon? This'll do :  Huh
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2013, 11:26:54 AM »

The Crimson ProjeKct - Belew, Levin, Mastelotto, Julie Slick, Markus Reuter, Tobias Ralph - touring in Europe next year.

Shepherds Bush Empire 21 March 2014.

Said the straight man, to the late man...
DarrenWilliams

Loc: St Helens

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2013, 12:04:30 PM »

Right, thanks for that.
Phil Perry

Loc: Hertfordshire

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 02:33:51 PM »

Sorry, I only like really-early KC, so will stick with my memories of the wonderful 21st century schizoid band ... was it really over 10 years ago !! ... & for even earlier I recommend Giles, Giles & Fripp's Brondesbury Tapes, co-starring our very own and much esteemed Judith.  Smiley
jude
Officer Dibble to you
Global Moderator

officially an old bat.

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 02:53:36 PM »

Thank you Sir  Grin

But I suspect the new KC will have a melodic edge as well as the experimental side..They will apparently be concentrating on re-imagining the Islands plus era. It will always be fascinating stuff.. Grin Cool

See what your words did to me

my newly refurbished website www.judydyble.com
and my new shop http://judydyble.bigcartel.com/
greglin (Gregg)
Waving my cheery plumber off
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Carrickfergus N. Ireland

Slainthe chugat

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2013, 04:44:28 PM »

Which does rather make a mockery of the interview with Robert Fripp in this month's Classic Rock........................

Hopefully some gigs might take place - not holding my breath on this side of the water though.

I caught a falling star, it cut my hands to pieces.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 04:46:50 PM »

Hopefully some gigs might take place - not holding my breath on this side of the water though.

No gigs anywhere until next sept and then as Fripp has said the focus is very definitely the US (we know how much he hates European rock audiences).  I'd be surprised to see UK gigs, but time will tell...

As for Classic Rock...I've not read it, but I've read similar comments such as yours about it.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
greglin (Gregg)
Waving my cheery plumber off
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Carrickfergus N. Ireland

Slainthe chugat

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2013, 03:33:35 PM »

Aye - the interview is quite rambling but although it initially suggests there won't be any more KC due to ongoing disputes with Universal, there is a hint that even if it is settled, Fripp might feel he's too old to tour again.........tone of the interview suggests KC is finished.

However - on page 22 of the same edition, there's a "king Crimson Return" story - which credits its source as the very same interview!!

Right hand not knowing what left hand is writing.......................

I caught a falling star, it cut my hands to pieces.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2013, 09:35:40 PM »

If anyone is thinking about buying The Road to Red...and presumably if you like King Crimson in that era you must be at least thinking about it...and cost is a major issue...then Sainsburys is I think the place to go...£113.99 as opposed to Amazon's £125.99 (I think their pre-order price was cheaper, mind).  Play is also cheaper than Amazon.

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2018, 05:53:52 PM »

I searched for a more recent thread but couldn't find one...but this will do.

Right, the Royal Albert Hall next year.  Anyone planning on going on the 18th June?

If so, could you do me a huge favour?  I'm not around a computer this Friday...and I'd really appreciate a ticket.  Billy no mates when it comes to Crimson, so if you're nice and you wouldn't mind me sitting with you...would you mind getting me a ticket?  I'm happy to do either a bank transfer or paypal family and friends in the evening....

Drop me a line if you can help.

Ta!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: