TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:59:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Wortels van Roots aan de Zaan" CD  (Read 5693 times)
koho (Koen)
Can be! Not will be!

Loc: Zaandam, The Netherlands

« on: January 06, 2013, 09:28:47 PM »

7+ years after the Folk Grolloo series of concerts, I am setting up gigs again - now in my home town of Zaandam, The Netherlands, under the moniker Roots Aan De Zaan.
Confirmed acts so far are Linde Nijland, Bert Ridderbos & Fred Piek (7 April), Lucy Ward (12 October) and Maartin Allcock & Huw Williams (7 December). Three more in 2013 to follow.
Why do I post this in "Fairport"? Well, because of the CD we're issuing.
With kind permission of all artists (inc that Simon of this parish), we're releasing an album which will serve as an introduction - it will have recordings from Grolloo 2003-2005. The name is De Wortels van Roots aan de Zaan. Meaning Roots of Roots aan de Zaan. It's basically what we did do back then and what we're going to do again; an introduction of what was. Any profit goes straight into the pot-for-gigs. With council funding etc being something far from granted these days, we have to think of other ways to make ends meet. This is one.

tracklist (might change one or two still):
1. Simon Nicol & Ric Sanders - Sheriff's Ride/Upton Stick Dance
2. Iain Matthews & Ad Vanderveen - Woodstock
3. Show Of Hands - Crow On The Cradle
4. Fairport Convention - Crazy Man Michael
5. Little Johnny England - I Was a Young Man
6. Ad Vanderveen - Blues So Bad
7. Miranda Sykes - When You Think It's All Over It's Just Begun
8. Iain Matthews (feat. Ad Vanderveen & Ric Sanders) - Funk And Fire
9. Fairport Convention - John Gaudie
10. Show Of Hands - Cousin Jack
11. Simon Nicol & Ric Sanders - Rosemary's Sister
12. Little Johnny England - Widdecombe Fair
13. Iain Matthews Band - Never Ending
14. Ad Vanderveen & The O'Neils - Light Of Day
--all tracks recorded live at Zaal Hofsteenge, Grolloo 2003-2005.

CD will cost 10 UK pounds including postage within Europe to PayPal 1koho@xs4all.nl ... US$ 18.00 inc postage outside Europe.
It's far from ready yet (well the disc itself more or less is, but it needs duplication and artwork), I'm aiming at March, certainly in time for our first gig 7 April, but - it can be pre-ordered ... and pre-orders help meeting the printer's costs ...

On Facebook we're at http://www.facebook.com/roots.aandezaan ... in Dutch tho' ... website will follow too but is Under Construction.
DaviD J (was geriatrix)

Loc: Bucks

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 05:49:28 PM »

That's a terrific tracklisting, Koen. Good luck with the new venture.
koho (Koen)
Can be! Not will be!

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 04:18:37 PM »

Looks like we have our program finalized.
http://rootsaandezaan.nl/agenda/
 Cool
koho (Koen)
Can be! Not will be!

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 01:29:57 PM »

O dear. We'll have an hour's radio programme on local radio about Roots aan de Zaan next Thursday 14 March, streamed live here http://www.zaanradio.nl/
7pm Dutch time, 6pm UK time. I'm kinda worried because I don't trust myself with live radio  Roll Eyes. Now regarding the talk I'll play second fiddle anyway - mate Dick has radio experience! But 75% will be music anyway, so we only have to babble 25% of that hour.

I've just completed a play list. It can't be a downright advertisement, it will have some stuff from our acts, but I'd also have to explain the folky side of things and what can be done with it. So it goes from the pretty pure via 2 live Folk Grolloo tracks off earliermentioned album to The Imagined Village, and ends with the song Fotheringay (as desert island disc). As there's got to be something familiar in there I'm reluctantly adding All Around My Hat (also Woodstock by Iain Matthews as another "oh I know that"-moment). As well as the Dutch All Around My Hat ...: Dutch folkrockers Fungus whose singer Fred Piek will be performing at the first Roots aan de Zaan gig and who had a huge hit in 1974 with the Dutch traditional Kaap'ren Varen (1974).

As far as the CD is concerned (see topic subject), the sleeve is at the printer's, the discs are ready and waiting here ...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: