TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:58:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Sandy releases  (Read 3351 times)
suffolk_steve
n3wb

« on: March 06, 2013, 03:14:49 PM »

I see that the machine to extract money continues with a new heavy vinyl version of 'Sandy' by Universal - limited to 2000 copies which is meant to make us all rush out and buy. Not me this time!
Better seems to be a new Fotheringay album on clear vinyl - a compilation of BBC sessions which have appeared previously on various bootlegs which were I believe compiled from BBC transcriptions? See http://www.forcedexposure.com/labels/b13.russian.federation.html. I've ordered a copy from Amazon so we shall see ...
Apparently tracks are: (S1) The Way I Feel, The Sea, Nothing More, Ballad of Ned Kelly, Banks of the Nile (S2) Gypsy Davey, Lowlands of Holland, Eppy Moray, Bold Jack Donahue, John the Gun, Wild Mountain Thyme.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:41:06 PM by suffolk_steve » Logged
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 09:00:40 AM »

Yes, I noticed this.(Sandy LP) I'm wondering about the mastering: it's in Island Universal's Back to Black series, which varies. Think it's been discussed in the 4CD box thread. The Fotheringay BBC  sseems to be on eof a bunch of BBC  releases of uncertain origin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: