TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:37:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Beatles to collect.  (Read 287057 times)
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #540 on: October 13, 2021, 03:35:48 PM »

Trailer for the Get Back docu series.  I'll probably end up watching a grainy copy over someone's shoulder on the dark web, but I do want to see it... https://twitter.com/thebeatles/status/1448274968576471042?fbclid=IwAR1iFIEqLcUk_HNUdTtitIewqR3vfHMiLs6XPLGO4eUXiDbVICx6Y7a7zQc

I gruggingly took out a subscription to Disney + (on the basis that i am not watching much on Netflix or Prime currently so can save some money there), mostly because I want to see Get Back but also got hooked in to The Mandalorian by seeing a couple of episodes elsewhere. I have also watched McCartney 3, 2, 1, which is a good deal less cloying and more interesting than I expected it to be, largely as a result of largely staying away from the obvious and sometimes even exploring the obscure (Check My Machine) though Rick Rubin does look as though he has just  been dragged in from the set of Down & Out In Beverly Hills.

I have also just discovered a really good show called Only Murders In The Building with Steve Martin and Martin Short. Subscription will stop after Get Back and season 3 of The Mandalorian though.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #541 on: October 13, 2021, 06:42:09 PM »

Trailer for the Get Back docu series.  I'll probably end up watching a grainy copy over someone's shoulder on the dark web, but I do want to see it... https://twitter.com/thebeatles/status/1448274968576471042?fbclid=IwAR1iFIEqLcUk_HNUdTtitIewqR3vfHMiLs6XPLGO4eUXiDbVICx6Y7a7zQc

I reckon Disney are going to get thousands of applications for limited trial subscriptions any day now.

I'm probably just going to get my usual network of spies on the case.

Genuinely excited.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #542 on: October 13, 2021, 08:43:18 PM »

I reckon Disney are going to get thousands of applications for limited trial subscriptions any day now.

I'm probably just going to get my usual network of spies on the case.

Genuinely excited.

Jules

You don't need a limited trial. It is a  monthly subscription that you can cancel at any time. If you just want to see Get Back, subscribe in the middle of November and cancel immediately. It'll cost you about £7 (I think).
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #543 on: October 14, 2021, 10:12:39 AM »

yep Gub I think you are right there... Luckily i have access so am really excited to see this! I cant wait! I enjoyed the McCartney 321 where Paul broke down his music career in depth with Rick Rubin. Anyone else see that?

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #544 on: October 14, 2021, 10:44:40 AM »

yep Gub I think you are right there... Luckily i have access so am really excited to see this! I cant wait! I enjoyed the McCartney 321 where Paul broke down his music career in depth with Rick Rubin. Anyone else see that?

Yes, to quote from my comment above.

" I have also watched McCartney 3, 2, 1, which is a good deal less cloying and more interesting than I expected it to be, largely as a result of largely staying away from the obvious and sometimes even exploring the obscure (Check My Machine) though Rick Rubin does look as though he has just  been dragged in from the set of Down & Out In Beverly Hills."
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #545 on: October 14, 2021, 01:53:07 PM »

That series was just what you'd expect when fanboy meets Beatle. I found it relatively enjoyable, but I think the three-part "Get Back" series from Peter Jackson will be better.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #546 on: October 14, 2021, 04:26:14 PM »

Yes, to quote from my comment above.

" I have also watched McCartney 3, 2, 1, which is a good deal less cloying and more interesting than I expected it to be, largely as a result of largely staying away from the obvious and sometimes even exploring the obscure (Check My Machine) though Rick Rubin does look as though he has just  been dragged in from the set of Down & Out In Beverly Hills."

whoops!  Grin

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #547 on: December 18, 2021, 02:19:24 PM »

Muppet Beatles.  Just because...

* FGzHY9RWUAMy6T3.jpg (1632.83 KB, 1855x1855 - viewed 840 times.)

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
David (terrrrrrrr)
I'm all out for the cidre...
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Deux Sevres, France

C'est moi... (and my wife)

« Reply #548 on: December 18, 2021, 05:08:53 PM »

Muppet Beatles.  Just because...

Go on. How much will this one cost... LOL

Time it was, and what a time it was
A time of innocence, A time of confidences
Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories; They're all that's left you.
Chris from Fieldtown
Sorry Bob

Loc: Fieldtown, Oxon

« Reply #549 on: December 24, 2021, 03:29:49 PM »

I gruggingly took out a subscription to Disney + (on the basis that i am not watching much on Netflix or Prime currently so can save some money there), mostly because I want to see Get Back but also got hooked in to The Mandalorian by seeing a couple of episodes elsewhere. I have also watched McCartney 3, 2, 1, which is a good deal less cloying and more interesting than I expected it to be, largely as a result of largely staying away from the obvious and sometimes even exploring the obscure (Check My Machine) though Rick Rubin does look as though he has just  been dragged in from the set of Down & Out In Beverly Hills.

I have also just discovered a really good show called Only Murders In The Building with Steve Martin and Martin Short. Subscription will stop after Get Back and season 3 of The Mandalorian though.

I think I have to grin and pay up, I've heard so many good comments about Get Back, even from a 10 year old at school who is a Beatle fan, so I have to take the plunge. the McCartney prog is a plus but any other recomendations for maxing out my month of viewing gratefully received!
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #550 on: December 25, 2021, 08:07:50 PM »

The get back book weighs a ton. Lots of pictures, add the waterboys book and I need a form lift!

The Dude abides
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #551 on: December 25, 2021, 09:34:38 PM »

The get back book weighs a ton. Lots of pictures, add the waterboys book and I need a form lift!

Grin I have just received Get Back as a Christmas present and the Waterboys is currently buckling the legs of my hi fi stand.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #552 on: December 26, 2021, 03:33:23 PM »

The Get Back book is in the Waterstones all hbks 50% off sale (til end of Tues).  Couldn't see the Waterboys book sadly or I'd have nabbed it.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #553 on: January 07, 2022, 12:04:49 PM »

The Disney+ "version" of the "Get Back" docs is coming out on blu-ray and DVD in the next few weeks...

Flobbadob!
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #554 on: January 07, 2022, 12:05:39 PM »

The Disney+ "version" of the "Get Back" docs is coming out on blu-ray and DVD in the next few weeks...

Excellent.  I've still not managed to see it and tbh can't be bothered to sign up to Disney+ to do so.

David (terrrrrrrr)
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #555 on: January 07, 2022, 03:56:56 PM »

Seen reports that the 4k film version of A Hard Days Night is about to be released later this month.

Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #556 on: January 16, 2022, 04:01:54 PM »

When I were 'lad I always lusted after a Quad. I'd love an old style set-up, given the room.

I'd still really like a Quad pre and power amp and a pair of those electrostatic speakers.

Jules

A lot of years ago a friend and (fellow) audio enthusiast had this combination.  It sounded very good  but I wouldn't have wanted it.
Apart from not having the houseroom for the electrostatics, I just wasn't into that kind of sound. Hard to explain, just a subjective thing. I like smaller, conventional speakers, of reasonable quality and tonal balance, which of course are only ever as good as what you feed them with.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #557 on: January 16, 2022, 04:25:23 PM »

When I were 'lad I always lusted after a Quad. I'd love an old style set-up, given the room.

I'd still really like a Quad pre and power amp and a pair of those electrostatic speakers.

Jules

A lot of years ago a friend and (fellow) audio enthusiast had this combination.  It sounded very good  but I wouldn't have wanted it.
Apart from not having the houseroom for the electrostatics, I just wasn't into that kind of sound. Hard to explain, just a subjective thing. I like smaller, conventional speakers, of reasonable quality and tonal balance, which of course are only ever as good as what you feed them with.

Gosh, you're replying to a decade-old post here, Alan. I can't even remeber thinking any of this, let alone posting it.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #558 on: January 16, 2022, 05:14:23 PM »

Jules

Gosh, you're replying to a decade-old post here, Alan. I can't even remeber thinking any of this, let alone posting it.

Jules

Oops!!!! I saw the beginning of the thread rather than the end!!

Yes I've been surprised by my older posts too here and elsewhere.  

David (terrrrrrrr)
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #559 on: September 07, 2022, 02:42:45 PM »

Here we go again...

ANNOUNCING REVOLVER SPECIAL EDITIONS!

Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream…

On 28th October, 'Revolver' will be released worldwide in a range of beautifully presented, newly-mixed and expanded Special Edition packages.

The new stereo mix, sourced directly from the original four-track master tapes, is brought forth in stunning clarity with the help of cutting edge de-mixing technology developed by Peter Jackson’s WingNut Films Productions Ltd.

Showcasing GRAMMY-winning original album artwork created by Klaus Voormann, the Super Deluxe CD and vinyl house a beautiful book featuring Paul McCartney’s foreword, an introduction by Giles Martin, an enlightening essay by Questlove, and insightful chapters by Kevin Howlett.

Available across 5CD/4LP Super Deluxe, 2CD Deluxe, Picture Disk, 1LP, 1CD, Download and Streaming. Dolby Atmos Mixes + original mono mix accompany never-before-released session recordings and demos, plus the “Paperback Writer” and “Rain” EP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd5WSqOJF7M&ab_channel=TheBeatles

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: