TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
December 04, 2021, 08:34:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Beatles to collect.  (Read 196047 times)
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #540 on: October 13, 2021, 03:35:48 PM »

Trailer for the Get Back docu series.  I'll probably end up watching a grainy copy over someone's shoulder on the dark web, but I do want to see it... https://twitter.com/thebeatles/status/1448274968576471042?fbclid=IwAR1iFIEqLcUk_HNUdTtitIewqR3vfHMiLs6XPLGO4eUXiDbVICx6Y7a7zQc

I gruggingly took out a subscription to Disney + (on the basis that i am not watching much on Netflix or Prime currently so can save some money there), mostly because I want to see Get Back but also got hooked in to The Mandalorian by seeing a couple of episodes elsewhere. I have also watched McCartney 3, 2, 1, which is a good deal less cloying and more interesting than I expected it to be, largely as a result of largely staying away from the obvious and sometimes even exploring the obscure (Check My Machine) though Rick Rubin does look as though he has just  been dragged in from the set of Down & Out In Beverly Hills.

I have also just discovered a really good show called Only Murders In The Building with Steve Martin and Martin Short. Subscription will stop after Get Back and season 3 of The Mandalorian though.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #541 on: October 13, 2021, 06:42:09 PM »

Trailer for the Get Back docu series.  I'll probably end up watching a grainy copy over someone's shoulder on the dark web, but I do want to see it... https://twitter.com/thebeatles/status/1448274968576471042?fbclid=IwAR1iFIEqLcUk_HNUdTtitIewqR3vfHMiLs6XPLGO4eUXiDbVICx6Y7a7zQc

I reckon Disney are going to get thousands of applications for limited trial subscriptions any day now.

I'm probably just going to get my usual network of spies on the case.

Genuinely excited.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #542 on: October 13, 2021, 08:43:18 PM »

I reckon Disney are going to get thousands of applications for limited trial subscriptions any day now.

I'm probably just going to get my usual network of spies on the case.

Genuinely excited.

Jules

You don't need a limited trial. It is a  monthly subscription that you can cancel at any time. If you just want to see Get Back, subscribe in the middle of November and cancel immediately. It'll cost you about £7 (I think).
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #543 on: October 14, 2021, 10:12:39 AM »

yep Gub I think you are right there... Luckily i have access so am really excited to see this! I cant wait! I enjoyed the McCartney 321 where Paul broke down his music career in depth with Rick Rubin. Anyone else see that?

I think I saw you in an ice-cream parlour, drinking milk shakes cold and long
Smiling and waving and looking so fine, don't think
You knew you were in this song
GubGub (Al)
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #544 on: October 14, 2021, 10:44:40 AM »

yep Gub I think you are right there... Luckily i have access so am really excited to see this! I cant wait! I enjoyed the McCartney 321 where Paul broke down his music career in depth with Rick Rubin. Anyone else see that?

Yes, to quote from my comment above.

" I have also watched McCartney 3, 2, 1, which is a good deal less cloying and more interesting than I expected it to be, largely as a result of largely staying away from the obvious and sometimes even exploring the obscure (Check My Machine) though Rick Rubin does look as though he has just  been dragged in from the set of Down & Out In Beverly Hills."
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #545 on: October 14, 2021, 01:53:07 PM »

That series was just what you'd expect when fanboy meets Beatle. I found it relatively enjoyable, but I think the three-part "Get Back" series from Peter Jackson will be better.

The revolution will not be televised
The revolution will be no re-run, brothers
The revolution will be live
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #546 on: October 14, 2021, 04:26:14 PM »

Yes, to quote from my comment above.

" I have also watched McCartney 3, 2, 1, which is a good deal less cloying and more interesting than I expected it to be, largely as a result of largely staying away from the obvious and sometimes even exploring the obscure (Check My Machine) though Rick Rubin does look as though he has just †been dragged in from the set of Down & Out In Beverly Hills."

whoops!  Grin

I think I saw you in an ice-cream parlour, drinking milk shakes cold and long
Smiling and waving and looking so fine, don't think
You knew you were in this song
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: