TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:08:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon Nicol on Janice Long show tonight  (Read 4129 times)
Philip W
forgiving of the rhetorical flourish

Loc: Cambs

« on: March 10, 2013, 11:13:38 AM »

For those of you with satellite TV:

"Legendary BBC Radio DJ Janice Long returns to out TV screens with a new series of The Janice Long Review Show for Vintage TV. This Sunday at 8.30pm she talks to Simon Nicol and Ian Anderson about the making of Fairport Convention's 'Liege & Lief' and the Housemartins' 'London 0 Hull 4'."

http://vintage.tv/tv/schedule/

Don't have satellite myself but apparently you can receive Vintage TV free on Sky 369 and Freesat 515.

Blogs at Brush on Drum and tweets at @PhilipEMWard
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 11:25:40 AM »

I'll be very interested to know what Simon has to say about the making of London 0 Hull 4, or indeed what Ian Anderson has to say about either...  Wink Smiley

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Nick the Stick
distracted by some wiggly string
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Eastbourne

Alright here?

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 04:28:13 PM »

Anyone watch it? It was pretty dire, Janice Long not really up to the job, and IA managed to avoid saying very much.
Didn't bother with the second bit.

RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 05:07:05 PM »

By way of Youtube I watched the segment of them talking about TAAB and Christy Moore's Ride On. I enjoyed what they were saying about Planxty and Christy, but thought the discussion of TAAB was a little off in terms of the music, it seemed to be more about the artwork. Also thought Ian may have negated some kind words for his album when he implied Simon would just be positive about it because he was sitting there (or something to that effect). Didn't see the discussion of Liege & Lief part. Also wasn't sure if what is on youtube is an edit of a fuller program?

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: