TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:46:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moonage Daydream  (Read 4544 times)
Poor Will (Bill)
coocoocachoo would just be silly
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Bognor Regis West Sussex

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2022, 08:50:52 PM »

Just got back from the cinema and, for what it’s worth, I found it a hugely entertaining experience.
Mind you, “Outside” is one of my favourite Bowie albums and not many people seem to rate it, so my opinion might not mean much!
I did cause myself slight embarrassment when I accidentally laughed out loud when there was a scene where they were playing a powerful Ziggy era version of “Rock and Roll Suicide” and suddenly changed the visuals to a clip of the horrendously overblown Glass Spider tour!

I think that was entirely the intention Bill. I thought it was quite an acute way of commenting on that period of Bowie's career.

Also, I did the film a disservice. There is a lengthy sequence featuring When You Rock n Roll With Me, which is of course from Diamond Dogs and another featuring Word On A Wing from Station To Station but it is out chronological order.
I realise that was the intention, but it seems I was the only one in the cinema to react!

In the words of the Zen Master " Don't just do something, sit there"
abby (tank girl)
never felt happy about quinoa
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Finally settled in my own pad

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2022, 06:56:16 PM »

I'm very much looking forward to this assignment as I am able to get to see it

it'll be fine.......
Tasha
shocking in parts but very good
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Shropshire

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2022, 03:20:56 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/sep/18/moonage-daydream-review-david-bowie-documentary-brett-morgen

They broke my heart and they killed me, but I didn't die. They tried to bury me, they didn't realise I was a seed.
garrypbrooks

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2022, 09:31:29 PM »

Didn't do much for me - I left before the end of the film - but I'm only a fan of a limited amount of Bowie's work and I didn't find Bowie's musings about life, the universe and everything of any real interest.
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2022, 07:47:34 AM »

Didn't do much for me - I left before the end of the film - but I'm only a fan of a limited amount of Bowie's work and I didn't find Bowie's musings about life, the universe and everything of any real interest.

Interestingly, or not, a friend of mine told me he'd have left after an hour if he hadn't been with with his Bowie adoring partner....

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2022, 09:40:08 AM »

Interestingly, or not, a friend of mine told me he'd have left after an hour if he hadn't been with with his Bowie adoring partner....

What's the worst that could happen? A cold, lonely wait in the pub or car. Might as well "endure" the Bowie experience. Not as though it's a Halloween film.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
garrypbrooks

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2022, 10:35:55 AM »

What's the worst that could happen? A cold, lonely wait in the pub or car. Might as well "endure" the Bowie experience. Not as though it's a Halloween film.

What's the worst that could happen?
Maybe a severe handbagging from the missus?
Alan2
Other peole know stuff so I don't have to
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2022, 11:56:13 AM »

I can sympathise with this. I only like vintage Bowie, and some of his waffling made me smile, or worse, made me cringe.
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2022, 12:11:24 PM »

Well, I love him, even if the only records I have are his 70s ones. Looking forward to seeing the movie, as and when.

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2022, 02:31:14 PM »

I loved all the music and had no problem with the narration. I just didn't think it worked that well as a film. There was certainly no question of leaving before the end, though it certainly ran out of ideas a good 20 minutes before that.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: