TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
December 01, 2020, 12:00:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hawkwind Question  (Read 43936 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Eardisley, Herefordshire

« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2013, 07:46:40 PM »

Important gig in Feb.  Hawkwind raising good money for good causes...and reclaiming Space Ritual  Smiley

[Photo over 400 days old. Removed by Admin.]

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2014, 08:22:16 PM »

Seems as good a place as any to post this.  If you're reading this thread, you probably want this:

http://www.shindig-magazine.com/Interstellar-Overdrive.html

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Addie
Fizzy beef juice?
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Walsall

Unspoilt By Progress

« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2014, 08:25:38 PM »

Seems as good a place as any to post this.  If you're reading this thread, you probably want this:

Oooh, I think I might partake in a bit of that.

Sidling out of stores gingerly and embracing margins since 2008
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2014, 08:33:13 PM »

If it's as good as the one they put out about the ISB (and 'psych-folk' in general) last year it should be a corker...

Mr Cat (Lewis)
Probably bad form to quote yourself
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada

« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2014, 08:36:33 PM »

If it's as good as the one they put out about the ISB (and 'psych-folk' in general) last year it should be a corker...

I must get this even if its a huge expense.  This magazine is like the Sirens of Titan and I feel my resistance is crumbling..

Ok..its just over $100 for 8 copies..so that isn't too crazy.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 08:51:54 PM by Mr Cat (Lewis) » Logged

Thank Drunk I'm God
bassline (Mike)
the Spens is mightier with the Swarb
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Wolverhampton

« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2014, 09:11:45 PM »

Very nice.Except that, that picture of 'Pink Floyd' live in the 'Reluctant Space Rockers' is Dantalion's Chariot or somebody of that kidney.

Well I never did..
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2014, 09:38:23 PM »

I must get this even if its a huge expense.  This magazine is like the Sirens of Titan and I feel my resistance is crumbling..

Ok..its just over $100 for 8 copies..so that isn't too crazy.

I'll be totally honest and state that I don't think the actual magazine itself is quite as good as it thinks it is.  There are some great articles in there...but a load of dross too.  The 'special editions' I've seen are outstanding.  

Mr Cat (Lewis)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2014, 09:05:15 PM »

Looks as if the Hawks have cancelled the rearranged US west coast dates for 2014, although the "west coast" seemed to end at San Fran on the proposed itinerary.  Probably be cheaper to fly to England to see them for me.

Thank Drunk I'm God
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2014, 06:35:23 PM »

Bit of a long shot, but does anybody have a spare ticket for Saturday's fund raiser?  A friend of mine didn't get one and now they're sold out and there only appear to be 'pairs' available anywhere....

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2014, 10:20:22 PM »

Bit of a long shot, but does anybody have a spare ticket for Saturday's fund raiser?  A friend of mine didn't get one and now they're sold out and there only appear to be 'pairs' available anywhere....

All sorted now...thankee  Smiley

davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2014, 07:46:54 AM »

The rumour is Brian Blessed is narrating Sonic Attack....which could be amusing!

Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2014, 09:48:54 AM »

The rumour is Brian Blessed is narrating Sonic Attack....which could be amusing!

there will certainly be bleeding from orifices Roll Eyes

The Dude abides
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2014, 04:36:23 PM »

there will certainly be bleeding from orifices Roll Eyes

In the end, it was just his voice, not him.  Although we did get John Etheridge who was actually on stage for a fair chunk of the Hawkwind set!

Hawkwind weren't at their very best (even for this lineup) but it was great fun, and most pleasing of all was to see Brock looking very very happy and very very well.  A great gig.  

ps It's amazing to see how Dibs has turned around from being 'the bass player' into such a confident front man in the 4 and a half years since I last saw them.

Addie
Fizzy beef juice?
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Walsall

Unspoilt By Progress

« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2014, 06:00:52 PM »

ps It's amazing to see how Dibs has turned around from being 'the bass player' into such a confident front man in the 4 and a half years since I last saw them.

Can't take to him, really no rhyme or reason to it but I just can't.

Sidling out of stores gingerly and embracing margins since 2008
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2014, 10:44:42 PM »

Can't take to him, really no rhyme or reason to it but I just can't.

I think I probably felt the same when I first saw him, but I've warmed to him - and I have close friends who he has done great acts of kindness and generosity to.  I think (well I know) he's a good 'un...  Smiley

Mr Cat (Lewis)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2014, 09:44:55 PM »

I see the North America tour is not going ahead at all due to a myriad of issues..can't see it happening now, ever.  Perhaps Brock and Turner will have to come to an accommodation like Andy Scott and Steve Priest have with Sweet in the rest of the world/North America?

Thank Drunk I'm God
davidmjs
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2014, 10:16:54 PM »

There were several people with connections not a million miles away from the band openly talking about Hawkwind drawing to a close soon at and around the gig.

Maybe that's why Brock looked like he was enjoying himself so much?  I wonder...

Mr Cat (Lewis)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2014, 11:03:37 PM »

It wouldn't be a huge surprise if its no longer enjoyable and or too much trouble.  Will be a shame, but better for the band to go out on a high (ho ho)..

Thank Drunk I'm God
Mr Cat (Lewis)
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2014, 08:21:40 PM »

In happier Hawk related news, Atomhenge/Cherry Red have a 5 CD set of the Flicknife years coming out in April with bonus tracks.  

Thank Drunk I'm God
Sir Martin
ignore the signs for the dearie
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Hebden Bridge

« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2014, 05:18:38 PM »

There were several people with connections not a million miles away from the band openly talking about Hawkwind drawing to a close soon at and around the gig.

Maybe that's why Brock looked like he was enjoying himself so much?  I wonder...

I wonder if that is why their music has started cropping up on adverts - top up for the pension plan.

It's like the giant, generous, flip you to the world. Industry, the Internet, sport and the flipping Beatles. Flip you all melonfarmers, but especially Paris.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: