TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
February 22, 2019, 09:52:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tour, New CD & Cropredy

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bargain Bin  (Read 322318 times)
PaulT
Memory jogger
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #1580 on: January 28, 2019, 08:03:00 PM »

Anyone with a passing interest in up-tempo, feelgood, bluegrass flavoured jam band music could do worse than downloading "Travelogue 2018" a monster Nugs.net freebie (mp3) from the fab String Cheese Incident. Four CDs worth culled from last year's shows, coming in at 4.5+ hours. An 'andsome bargain indeed.  Smiley

http://nugs.net/browse/music/20917/The-String-Cheese-Incident-mp3-flac-download-Travelogue-2018

Thanks for the tip Ian. I'd not heard any SCI before, but I have to agreed with DMJS - it's a bit one-dimensional for my tastes, but fine to stick on a USB stick for long car journeys, like this weekend just gone...

I used to really enjoy SCI.  Did you see them when they came over?  They can be a bit one dimensional but that is hard to resist!  Thanks for the heads up.

Said the straight man, to the late man...
Jim
Klaatu barada nikto
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: manchester

Here To Help

« Reply #1581 on: January 28, 2019, 10:54:56 PM »

Doesn't get much more of a bargain than this.  Free Teardrop Explodes download from '79 from the man himself:

https://www.headheritage.co.uk/the-teardrop-explodes-bristol-1979/?fbclid=IwAR2c7rqdgGDFuPGUub4lYxHVPolmcV3dD04OOX3X7gW8UkV2dTjrUKpZbQE

Thanks for that David😍👽

The Dude abides
AdrianW
always good to have a target to miss
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: South Cheshire

"The weird bloke"

« Reply #1582 on: February 08, 2019, 01:04:14 AM »

This may be old news, but Sainsburys have what looks to be an attractive two for £25 offer on a range of vinyl records, including some double albums. Pity I no longer have a working record deck.

-- Adrian
I cried for madder music and for stronger wine,
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #1583 on: February 08, 2019, 06:35:48 AM »

This may be old news, but Sainsburys have what looks to be an attractive two for £25 offer on a range of vinyl records, including some double albums. Pity I no longer have a working record deck.

Buy them for when you do!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Caer

« Reply #1584 on: February 13, 2019, 07:29:42 PM »

Not really a bargain, but still RELATIVELY cheap for what it is, I just bought a copy of this (SF Sorrow autographed vinyl set) for the (in lieu of) pension fund.  My God, it's beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhL9NCYSF6w

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: