TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:30:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cropredy 2012  (Read 279754 times)
Jono
free-flowing and painless all weekend

Loc: Wardington

Rosin up the bow...

« Reply #540 on: February 16, 2012, 04:07:44 PM »

Sandy homage certainly seems feasible doesn't it. Tomorrow, all will be revealed!

Here's to it and to it again!
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #541 on: February 16, 2012, 04:11:17 PM »

Looking at the acts already announced for Friday, I am wondering whether this will be the first of the "big" anniversaries since 1987 that Fairport haven't performed on two nights.
Mister Keith
we need more flags and tipis
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #542 on: February 16, 2012, 04:13:31 PM »

Last year, we had Blair Dunlop - how about this year, seeing as how her dad is playing, a set by Kami Thompson and/or The Dead Flamingos?

Polly Oxford (Andie)
give most things a go that don't involve jumping
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surrey/Sussex

Bloomin' Tall Ships...

« Reply #543 on: February 16, 2012, 05:00:10 PM »

-or a complete 'offspring of Fairport' set: Matt Pegg, Kristina Donahue, Henry(?) Nicol, Blair Dunlop, Kami & Teddy Thompson, Chris Lesley's lovely daughter...
(sorry anyone I've missed, just off the top!)
Carl F

Loc: Birmingham

« Reply #544 on: February 16, 2012, 05:22:24 PM »

Speculative I realise but... Mark Chadwick (Levellers) was interviewed on BBC 6 Music yesterday afternoon. At the end of the session, he chose "Come All Ye" by FC as a track to play on air. Perhaps a hint that Levellers might be at FCC this year???

God I do hope so!  Grin

I really hope so too! They were the highlight of Cropredy '08 for me.

The line-up for this years' Cropredy is looking very lacklustre and mediocre to my tastes as has been announced so far, so it would be good to have the Levellers; a band with my sort of vibe playing. Not that lounging in the arena field, hopefully in the bright August sunshine, and drinking 6X is exactly a hardship, no matter who is on stage! Just have to wait until tomorrow and see what the full line-up brings, there could yet be some very pleasant surprises.
Albie
or tea, if that is your cup of tea
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #545 on: February 16, 2012, 05:48:42 PM »

Speculative I realise but... Mark Chadwick (Levellers) was interviewed on BBC 6 Music yesterday afternoon. At the end of the session, he chose "Come All Ye" by FC as a track to play on air. Perhaps a hint that Levellers might be at FCC this year???

God I do hope so!  Grin

The line-up for this years' Cropredy is looking very lacklustre and mediocre to my tastes

Can only agree. Will need some good names to win me round. Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will be thinking "must get a ticket" because at the moment I am thinking "where can I go that weekend instead of Croppers".  Sad   Levellers would do nicely for one.
Nick the Stick
distracted by some wiggly string
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Eastbourne

Alright here?

« Reply #546 on: February 16, 2012, 06:38:56 PM »

Seeing Levellers at Wickham, and Bellowhead and Swarb and Edward II etc.
Honestly, you'd think I was part of the committe (I'm not).
Nothing whatsoever apart from RT has done it for me, but we'll still go.

Ollie
Always one there is.
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Sheffield

I Morris, therefore I am

« Reply #547 on: February 16, 2012, 07:02:42 PM »

God I do hope so!  Grin

The line-up for this years' Cropredy is looking very lacklustre and mediocre to my tastes

Can only agree. Will need some good names to win me round. Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will be thinking "must get a ticket" because at the moment I am thinking "where can I go that weekend instead of Croppers".  Sad   Levellers would do nicely for one.

C'mon people, you can't criticise the line up based on only a handful of names! Most of Thursday, some of Friday and all of Saturday yet to go.

"Tradition must be respected, convention can be broken; but only when you know which is which."
RobertD
Holy expletive delighted...
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: New York City

« Reply #548 on: February 16, 2012, 08:20:25 PM »

God I do hope so!  Grin

C'mon people, you can't criticise the line up based on only a handful of names! Most of Thursday, some of Friday and all of Saturday yet to go.

Not that I'm going, but you said it Ollie! Going to be one heck of an announcement day tomorrow if indeed its going to be every slot finalized in one fell swoop.

I'm just a little shy of Surf's Up and I'm deeper than Twist and Shout....Iain Matthews
PLW (Peter)
I didn't understand it then, and I don't now.
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Worcester

Words between the lines of age

« Reply #549 on: February 16, 2012, 11:55:52 PM »

God I do hope so!  Grin

Hang on a minute. Bellowhead, Richard Thompson, Joan Armatrading, The Saw Doctors, Iain Matthews. Lacklustre and mediocre? Do me a favour!
Ian W.
Not in my size, sweetcheeks

Loc: Leeds, West Yorks.

« Reply #550 on: February 17, 2012, 01:13:20 AM »

God I do hope so!  Grin

Hang on a minute. Bellowhead, Richard Thompson, Joan Armatrading, The Saw Doctors, Iain Matthews. Lacklustre and mediocre? Do me a favour!

Quite !

At least one of those acts will appeal to most of the crowd, if not more ?

What do some people want, the moon on a stick ?

'Those who dance will start to dance,
And those who drink will sway...'
Dave.P
stay away from hammers
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: Isle of Wight

Dave from USA (Uther Side of Andover)

« Reply #551 on: February 17, 2012, 06:36:40 AM »

Moon on a Stick already booked up for that weekend I'm afraid Wink

What about a Christy Moore appearance?

The lady that sells the programmes at Portsmouth FC (Fag Ash Lil) Shocked
tells me :-......

1) The weathers going to be fine (Take your kaggi just in case)

2) The rapport and fun in the crowd is going to be brill ( Pack more alcohol)

3) Theres gonna be a lot of music

Thats good for me ... Can't wait Cheesy Grin

Russ

Loc: Long Eaton

« Reply #552 on: February 17, 2012, 09:40:30 AM »

Line-Up due to be announced at 14.00....xxx

"Never give up on a good thing...mine's a chilled dry white please!"
hendo (Dave)
Ziggy's tonsorialist-in-law
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: leicestershire

The 'unobtrusive percussionist'

« Reply #553 on: February 17, 2012, 10:11:02 AM »

This is becoming like transfer deadline day.  I think we should have more interesting rumours:

My auntie runs the tea-shop at Banbury Airport and she says Bob Dylan's jet has just landed....
Joni Mitchell has just been spotted outside the Brasenose...

etc..

All true........ and i did hear that Metallica used the word c..p on their recent world tour which is obviously a hint about Cropredy and the Who had a bass player called the Ox which obviously means a gig in Oxfordshire!
My wife called me an arse this morning. I have taken this as a sign that i will be the next manager of the Arsenal.

macademis
a hard anger innovator
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #554 on: February 17, 2012, 10:15:17 AM »

You're wrong on that last one, the job's mine - someone called me a complete Wenger the other day

No such thing as good or bad music, just music you like and music you like less.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #555 on: February 17, 2012, 10:26:28 AM »

I had a glass of Port the other day and said goodbye as I left for work (Vale in Latin) , does this mean I will have anything to do with Port Vale?

Its boring waiting for 2 O'clock isnt it.  Grin

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #556 on: February 17, 2012, 10:53:42 AM »

Cocker Freeman to take over as England manager; David Hughes to celebrate this in song at a special tribute slot on the Friday afternoon.  Wink

Still hoping for Corvus Corax...

Flobbadob!
northseajoe
Trees? Really? I thought it was broccoli....

« Reply #557 on: February 17, 2012, 12:40:41 PM »

I had a glass of Port the other day and said goodbye as I left for work (Vale in Latin) , does this mean I will have anything to do with Port Vale?

Its boring waiting for 2 O'clock isnt it.  Grin

Port could be an omen for Portishead, and Val might be the nickname of someone Joan Armatrading knows.

However, I have it on very good authority that several ex-members of the Grateful Dead have been sighted at Cherwell Valley Services.
Addie
Fizzy beef juice?
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Walsall

Unspoilt By Progress

« Reply #558 on: February 17, 2012, 01:12:50 PM »

You missed off the "to my tastes" bit which is the crux of it really. They'll attract some people, not others.

Sidling out of stores gingerly and embracing margins since 2008
Jono
free-flowing and painless all weekend

Loc: Wardington

Rosin up the bow...

« Reply #559 on: February 17, 2012, 01:15:37 PM »

I have it on good authority that James Taylor has been reading the virgins guide to cropredy pages on the FC website!

Ahh... Rumour-mongering IS fun!

Here's to it and to it again!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: