TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 29, 2024, 09:48:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ribbon Bow as Polish postcard  (Read 3817 times)
Thor-Rune

« on: September 03, 2011, 03:27:07 PM »

In my record collection I have a Polish postcard edition of Fairport's first single "If I had a ribbon bow". Although the track itself of course dates from 1968, the postcard flexi is dated 1978. I noticed several Polish postcard FC releases on the Expletive Delighted website. But I can't see any mention of this one. Anyone have any clue if this is an official release or a dodgy one? Any info or comment is welcome. It must be very rare anyway...

T-R
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 03:33:31 PM »

I'd be 99.99% certain that it's a boot....the Iron Curtain countries were renowned for it.  Still, you can't fault their taste, can you?   Wink Smiley

Rare sure, but financially, I haven't a clue.  As you can't sell bootlegs on eBay you might have a bit of a problem finding out...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Thor-Rune

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 03:45:22 PM »

I'd probably say amen to all of that, David. Musical piracy behind the iron curtain (and some places further eastward, too) is no stranger to record collectors, of course. But this really is one of the most strangely exotic items I have ever found in my time as an FC collector...

T-R
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 03:48:33 PM »

Any pics?  Pretty please? Smiley

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Thor-Rune

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 03:57:57 PM »

Unfortunately I don't have a functionable scanner at this time. Once I do, I'll be happy to put it up.

Strangely enough I remember sending scans of both sides of it to the ED website some years ago, but they never put it up. I've no idea why - maybe they never got the mail. Couldn't be because of boot suspicions, cause I'd think the other Polish postcard releases already up there would probably be pirate copies, too..

T-R.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: