TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:04:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swarb chooses his own song for Salut! Live Song of the Day series  (Read 7284 times)
colinrandall

« on: August 25, 2011, 09:57:32 AM »

Since I am about to wind up the series - and many thanks to those Talkawhile people who have taken a look now and then - I thought I'd invite Swarb to make the choice, from his repertoire, for me. I had already included him with Martin Carthy (Byker Hill) but wanted something that properly represented his vocal efforts.

His choice came back instantly: Now Be Thankful. I used that great old clip (from "smile67)"from 1970, when even I had hair

http://www.salutlive.com/2011/08/song-of-the-day-fairport-convention-now-be-thankful-.html
Jules Gray
Go on, groove my truffles
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Cheltenham

What makes the buzzard buzz?

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 10:11:16 AM »

He made the right choice!

Jules

Now be thankful for good things below
colinrandall

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 11:46:48 AM »

Apart from one novelty item with which I shall offer a recap of the series, Song of the Day is now done and dusted.

I said I'd probably make yet another choice from the Fairport repertoire so have recalled a posting from three years or so ago when I collated a cluster of Who Knows Where The Time Goes? clips, featuring Sandy and a procession of others, by way of an apology to someone who once asked me to make him a a cassette of all the versions of his favourite song n my possession.

http://www.salutlive.com/2011/08/song-of-the-day-fairport-convention-who-knows-where-the-time-goes-.html#more
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 12:00:36 PM »

Jules

Didn't he just.  I still have to limit how much I listen to it...it has such a deep and immediate impact upon me...

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Glen S
and I do love a bit of Macca whimsy

Loc: Oxford

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 12:39:02 PM »

Jules

Didn't he just.  I still have to limit how much I listen to it...it has such a deep and immediate impact upon me...

Sublime...My favourite performance ever of this song...Just beautiful...
Sir Robert Peel
Our Man For All Seasons
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 01:45:44 PM »

Apart from one novelty item with which I shall offer a recap of the series, Song of the Day is now done and dusted.

Quelle dommage  Embarrassed

I looked forward to the daily missives, luxuriated in the Youtube finds, reaquainted myself with old favourites and found some new ones.  

A joy.

Thanks awfully.   Kiss
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: