TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:04:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairport and Tir na nOg! Which year was this? Help needed  (Read 3331 times)
PeteN

« on: August 12, 2011, 11:45:12 PM »

I'm gradually developing the Tir na nOg website and today received an image of a poster of Tir na nOg supporting Fairport Convention at Reading University. It's definitely between 1971 and 1974 as that is when Tir na nOg were on the road.
I've tried to insert  it here but don't think I can (or can I?)
For the time being it's on the publicity/archived gigs subpage of the gigs page on
www.tirnanog-progfolk.com  sorry, that particular subpage doesn't seem to have a hyperlink.

The big question is - what year was it? Anyone able to pinpoint the year?

many thanks in anticipation

Pete
Martin F

Loc: Bicester

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 05:53:52 PM »

Using a perpetual calendar website , I've worked out it has to be 1969 (which would be too early for the price to be in new pence) or 1975.

26 April does not fall on a Saturday between 1971 &1974

Do androids dream of electric sheep?
naomi reading
n3wb

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 07:42:11 PM »

The date was 24 April 1971 at Reading University - my first date with the man I was to marry (still married!) Smiley
PeteN

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 09:42:44 PM »

The date was 24 April 1971 at Reading University - my first date with the man I was to marry (still married!) Smiley

Thanks, Naomi. 1971 makes sense because of the introduction of decimalisation and the use of NP (I remember it well!)
 Fancy getting the date wrong on the poster!!!

Maybe you and your husband will go and see them again in two weeks time Smiley

Pete
p.s. and thanks Martin for the detective work - now, why didn't I think of checking past calendars??!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: